Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) announced the introduction of the AMD Ryzen™ mobile processor, previously codenamed the “Raven Ridge” mobile APU, providing leadership performance and a complete entertainment experience with optimal efficiency for premium 2-in-1s, convertibles and ultrathin notebook computers. With a configurable 15-watt TDP, the AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U and AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U processors combine the architecture of award-winning “Zen” x86 cores--featuring AMD SenseMI Technology processor-level intelligence--with revolutionary Radeon “Vega” graphics in a System-on-Chip design to achieve unprecedented ultrathin notebook performance. The AMD Ryzen 7 2700U is the fastest processor for ultrathin notebooks, with up to 44% more multi-threaded CPU performance3 as well as up to 161% more graphics performance than the competition.
Consisting of up to 4 cores and 8 threads, Ryzen™ mobile processors include AMD SenseMI Technology and are designed for leadership performance in a sleek form factor. The AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U processor is the world’s fastest for ultrathin notebooks, featuring a 15W nominal processor TDP3,4. In addition, AMD Ryzen™ mobile processors provide blazing fast performance compared to the previous AMD mobile processor generation, with;
- Up to 3X the CPU performance5
- up to 2.3X the GPU performance6
- and up to 58% less power consumption7
Ryzen mobile processors also introduce for the first time:
- new Precision Boost 2 technology, which accelerates processor performance in workloads using from one to many CPU cores8 and
- Mobile Extended Frequency Range (mXFR)9, which raises sustained performance in notebooks with great cooling solutions on notebooks certified for “Ultimate XFR Performance”