Hi Kingfish and tks for your help, I try to use the manual driver selection but I cant find the Raedon 5870 to select in the display options, thats why I didit AUTO and install the 5800 Series.
I send you all the information Required to see if yo cant help me with my issue, tks in advance for your help
- AMD Graphics Card
- Dual Radeon HD 5870
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Alienware M17x R2
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64bit (Windows 7 OEM upgd to 10)
- Driver version installed
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series 15.201.1151.1008
- Display Devices
- LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 17WUXGA, RED/GREEN/BLUE, LIGHT EMITTING DIODE, AG, SAMSUNG
- Motherboard + Bios Revision
- Make and model; Dont Know
- Intel Core i7 740QM Quad Core Processor, 1.73GHz (2.93GHz Tu rbo Mode, 6M Cache)
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Alienware M17x 240W A/C Adapter
Describe your issue:
Mi HD Burn and reinstall all in the new one, but the new Drivers for the Graphics Card (Radeon HD 5800 Series) is not working fine
The driver selections will not say HD5870, HD5450, HD5500, etc...it will say HD5000 Series. If your graphics card version begins with 5 ...it is in the 5 Series (5xxx).
The forum is broken at the moment, so I can't post you a screenshot,
Identify your AMD graphic hardware and operating system using the drop-down menus below.
Step 1: Select the type of product that you have:
Step 2: Select the product family your product belongs to:
Radeon HD Series
Step 3: Select your product:
Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx Series
Step 4: Select the supported operating system that you have:
These are the correct drivers for your laptop, take your choice > Legacy
Follow this guide:
"To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers: "
1. Download and save the correct AMD driver. Do not use "automatically detect and install". Download Drivers
2. Download and save DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
3. Disable All anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-anything
4. Delete the contents of the C:/AMD folder of all previous drivers
5. Win10 users..take the necessary steps to prevent/delay Microsoft automatically changing/installing graphics drivers using one of these methods > Windows 10 Forums
- AMD Graphics Card
The HD5000 series are now out of support so you need to use the older drivers to use those cards.
The old drivers will work ok for your rig. 15.7.1 are the legacy drivers available for the HD 5870 cards. 16.2.1 beta are available if desired and that is all AMD has posted.
My old HD 6970 (power pig) is in the same boat
Tks , I do install the old drivers and work's much better now, tks for the Tip