4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 11:18 AM by ray_m

Did I just destroyed 3 cores?

werterror

Hi there, I have realy weird issue. With latest bios update I decide to over clock my ryzen 5 1600 a little.

In first place I went to the bios, adjust voltage a little and increase cpu speed up to 3,7ghz (I think thats not much)

After that I decided to go for Ryzen master utility, by accident I instaled the one for threadripper instead the other one.

Threadripper app showed that I got all 6 cores working but didnt allowed me to change a anything So I go with reinstalation.

Instaled the correct app and it changed my cores down to 3 out of 6 and threads to 6 out of 8 (cpu-z data).

I just restared cmos and reinstaled ryzen master utility, nothing changed.

Master utility wants me to restart my PC if I want to able all cores, but that doesnt help.

If any one got some solution please help.

• Re: Did I just destroyed 3 cores?
          werterror

aa1.png

Here is screen shoot of Windows 10 menager/cpu-z/Ryzen Master Utility

Other info:

• AMD Graphics Card
            • amd r9 270x asus
          • Desktop
            • Windows 10 64bit
          • Driver version installed - latest even bios
          • Display Devices
            • iiyama g-master 60hz
          • Mobo: B350 AM4 Tomahawk
          • CPU/APU
            • ryzen 5 1600
          • Power Supply Unit xfx xtr black edition 550wats
          • RAM
            • 16gb of corsair vengence
            werterror

Problem was coused by Ryzen master utility, It was overwriting settings from bios.
            It was diagnosed with use of PowerShell by Great guy @Amd_Robert if you read this thank you.

Also thank you @iWalkingCorpse for spending with me 7 hours trying to fix it u both are greate guys.

Going back to PowerShell all you need to do is check how many threads it launches with by command-BCDEDIT

In my case it was launching with: that is numproc 6 that is 6 threads. (My cpu got 6 cores 12 threads)

Fixed that by command: BCDEdit /deletevalue numproc

And rebooting.

ray_m

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.