4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 5:47 PM by lord_chunks

Where did the option to disable crossfire go in 17.7.2? R9 295x2 causes crashes without it.

occidentalis

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • AMD R9 295 X2
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop - Built by me
      • Operating System
        • Windows 7 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.2 - Installer package 17.30.1041-170720a-316469C
      • Display Devices
        • HP Omen 32 32" QHD IPS Monitor via Displayport
        • Samsung SyncMaster P2770 via HDMI
      • Motherboard + Bios Revision
        • Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 3602
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel i7 3770K
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
      • RAM
        • 32 GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

The option to disable crossfire used to be in ATI settings, under global settings and under each game's profile. It was removed in the latest patch and now I can't run any graphics heavy programs. This card and AMD drivers have been a huge nightmare in general, but in this instance, the option to disable crossfire is the only thing that allows games to be stable with this card. For example, BF1 (As of current release, 3 August 2017) loads to menus but crashes whenever you try to load the game. If you're lucky, and make it into a game, it crashes very quickly thereafter, or on the score screen. This happens every time new drivers come out or they update the game, and you just have to go in to the game and Radeon settings and make sure no aspect of crossfire is enabled. It looks like frame pacing and the crossfire option have been removed in the menus, and "Chill" added in, whatever that is. It has been a huge headache, not being able to use a flagship card's abilities to their fullest, and I've resigned to the fact I paid twice the price for a card that is barely useable, but at this point with these drivers it's not useable at all. Where did the option go?!

You can even see it in the help documentation - How to Configure AMD CrossFire™ Using AMD Radeon™ Settings

But it's not there anyone in the latest patch. See? http://i.imgur.com/KufjEQC.jpg