83 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2017 10:20 AM by tyburg

With 17.7.2 Overwatch crashes constantly

dryroastedlemon

With the newest driver release 17.7.2 Overwatch crashes constantly with the error message: "Your rendering device has been lost". I have since reverted to 17.7.1 and the problems have completely disappeared. I've tried to report the issue, but apparently the issue reporting page doesn't exist.

EDIT:

Specs:

• AMD R9 290X
      • Desktop
      • Windows 10 64 bits
      • Driver 17.7.2
      • Display device 1: Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200 via DVI
      • Display device 2: Iiyama ProLite X2783HSU 1920x1080 via HDMI
      • ASUS P8Z68-V-PRO; BIOS version 3603
      • CPU: i7 3770
      • PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 630 W
      • RAM: 8 GB

Message was edited by: Josh Mono

• Re: With 17.7.2 Overwatch crashes constantly
          daniloberserk

Can confirm the issue. And for me, reverting the driver also solved the problem. R9 390x here.

apogee

I'm getting the exact same problem, at first I thought it was an over-heating issue so I cleaned out my case, fans and applied new thermal paste. Still had the problem so after a bit of googling I rolled back my driver only to find the AMD Crimson software wouldn't recognize it. I tried this 4 times to no avail. I tried a fresh install of a driver and that still doesn't work. I looked on the OW forums and I'm seeing this is a common theme with AMD cards and people are pretty upset. I can get through maybe a game and a half before I get "Your rendering device has been lost". I am now being punished by blizzard for leaving games early.

You Crimson suite is also confusing and horrible to use. And it needs a simple roll back driver option, or the ability to roll back to an ealier driver.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I've already sent in a ticket which said thanks for your feed back and this mailbox isn't monitored so I don't know if that's going to go anywhere. :/

ray_m

Can those experiencing this issue provide more details regarding :

Game settings used

Driver settings used

Steps to repro ?

Thanks

dryroastedlemon

Not the guy you're responding to, but OP.

Game settings: Any. The only necessary condition is that the game is running.

Driver settings: Default.

Steps to reproduce: Run the game. Get in a match. Wait. Getting in a match probably isn't completely necessary.

kurim

Blizzard already response to the issue:

Crashes on AMD Cards using 17.7.2 Drivers - Overwatch Forums

Since them we need to fall back to the old 17.7.1 driver

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                          hosty

Just copied here the original post by Drakuloth Blizzard Support Forum Agent. It worked for me and Overwatch never crashed again.

Hey all,

Drakuloth here. We've received a very large number of reports concerning crashes of the game client with the most recent patch, and it appears the problem is a conflict with the most recent AMD drivers. The crashes are of several types, from Rendering Device Lost crashes, to Unexpected Error Occurred crashes, and even some Blue Screens of Death.

If you are using these most recent drivers, please be aware that you will be prone to performance issues and crashes. I recommend against playing competitive until you are sure you are not crashing again. We are unable to remove penalties incurred due to this issue as the crashes do affect your teammates. Most players are able to resolve their crashes by doing the following:

First, download the 17.7.1 driver version from AMD.

1. Visit the AMD Driver Website

2. On the Manually Select your Driver box, fill out the information on your graphics card and operating system and click Display Results

3. On the new window that comes up, look on the Helpful Links section on the left. One of the options is Download Previous Drivers & Software. Navigate to this link.

4. Download the Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optional Driver and save it somewhere you can find it. Don't use this yet

Now, we need to fully clear the 17.7.2 driver with a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller.

1. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from The Wagnard Mobile Forum (Click “Official Download Here” near the bottom of Wagnard's first post. It will automatically download)

2. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller file you downloaded and extract it to your desktop

3. On your desktop, click Display Driver Uninstaller and run it. You may get better results if you run this in Safe Mode.

4. Click Clean and Restart

5. After restart, install the 17.7.1 driver we downloaded earlier.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          daniloberserk

I often run ow at low settings. Because 144hz...

Driver configs on default.

Happens quite often with 17.7.2, really easy to reproduce. With 17.7.1 if it happens, it's extremely rare.

ray_m

Can those with this issue run a verification/repair on the game cache and see if the problem continues ?

dryroastedlemon

That has no influence whatsoever. While probably well-meaning the question is also redundant, as keeping the game data the same but downgrading from 17.7.2 to 17.7.1 fixes the problem entirely. That was already known.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                                      ray_m

Did you try my suggestion ? There is a reason I provided it.

daniloberserk

Reinstalled 17.7.2, did a verification/repair, the game updated for some 80Mb of data... Played for about 3 hours, the error happened again. Didn't solve unfortunately. I'll try the "Vega" drivers now.

1.png

dryroastedlemon

Ray, could you at least elaborate on your reason?

And yes, I have tried it, but just for the sake of completeness I tried it again. Reinstalled 17.7.2, scanned and repaired Overwatch, started a match and within 30 minutes it crashed with the same error dialog.

spikeypup

I know you said default settings in your post, but any chance you have an overclock going on either your GPU core frequency or your VRAM?  I noticed major issues in 17.7.2 with wattman, there are some reporting issues such as frequency and voltage that are off, but off consistently in the vega drivers, and somewhat in 17.7.2.  I noted that particularly memory overclocking is causing severe issues with TDR and CTD, setting my memory to default made things more stable, but not all the way, a lot of it I notice are game engine issues, a lot of places are issuing patches, Blizzard is working on it, Turn 10/MS is working on it for Forza, they tried in this last update a few days ago, but it's not fixing it for everyone at this point.  I'm not sure if something went wrong with WDDM implementation, but I don't blame AMD as they are WHQL drivers, I really  think that this last CU update from MS made some issues, bad timing.  they made some low-level changes to the GDI and also HAL for USB and some PCI, that could definitely be causing issues, and I believe they made a change to WDDM especially in swapchain that is probably not helping, and that all more than likely happened AFTER AMD received WHQL for the current drivers, which is why this is such a mess and probably harder for AMD to identify currently, but I have faith they are on top of it, it just takes time, I know that's not what you want to here, but I'd rather be honest than angry or lie.  Let me know how it goes.  FWIW I have an RX480 STRIX ROG 8G OC, it has a boost of 1310, I have it cranked to 1465Mhz, with voltage automatically managed as the limts don't allow me to hit beyond the 1.2v I need, but under auto it does it, just ensure also your power offset is maxed at whatever you can set it for if the option is available, mine is always at 50%, yes I lose some power savings, but again I can run my card as high as 1500Mhz stable on a good day/week when drivers are working well.  That is a very hefty OC on a 480, I hit the silicon jackpot though, my ASIC is binned around 85%, so I lucked out, but ASUS bins heavily for the STRIX ROG line and the VRM is top notch and can support almost 150% more power than the card needs at full throttle.  But I ranted and digressed, just wanted to offer my two cents.  Let us know how it goes friend.

Spikeypup

dryroastedlemon

Nope. Everything is at stock as I never overclock. Everything is the same except for the driver version and nothing is overclocked.

Perhaps, but I'm still pointing my finger at AMD since their software is the only thing I have to change in order for Overwatch to crash. I do believe that they're on it, but I'm just annoyed with these non-solutions that are given because of "reasons". If I wanted those solutions I could've just gone to Reddit or Twitter.

Anyway, I have made some progress. I'm now underclocking the card's core frequency by 20% and also lowering the power limit by 20%. That has reduced the temperatures quite a bit and I haven't had a crash yet. I wonder if there's anything in regards to the voltages and thermals that they screwed up with 17.7.2.

kingfish

What graphics card do you have? I can't find you ever mentioning it > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

spikeypup

There have been many mentions of the voltage and freq misreads in wattman, I don't know if it is internally misreading the values and thereby going in excess of clocks or volts and leading to crashes, I am not running hot even at my OC, I'm getting over 100FPS at 4K with Maxed out settings and 4xSMAA, so performance is great, overwatch hasn't been a big issue, but I'm only doing a match or two in it.  I'll see if I can find more info, but at this point I think we are in the hands of the coders to get this all fixed up, so we just have to be patient.  Stay away from competitive play obviously, and I know that sucks, try to hang on, I'm confident the fix is coming soon and it will solve many issues, fingers crossed.  It's happened before so I have faith.  I'm sorry I don't mean to come across like I am forcing you to feel a certain way, i'm very frustrated too, I can't really play a lot of my favorite games and I can't do my livestream unless I downgrade to 17.6.2, but there were so many fixes in AMF 1.4.4 that I don't want to go back, but it's not working so what the hell am I thinking???  Honestly it's all about Enhanced Sync for me, it's working so dang well, I just don't want to give it up... :/

dryroastedlemon

It's fine; I don't play competitive anymore. I just play casually with friends.

I'm fairly confident it's down to something going awry with the voltages and thermals. I'm still playing Overwatch without it ever crashing after downclocking it. Interesting...

spikeypup

Yeah I think you are onto something, it is a bit crazy that my perf is so high, I have it set at 1460Mhz now, and if it is boosting wrong, it may be pushing 1600mhz which is way out of tolerance, the crashes are intriguing, sometimes just a quick CTD, othertimes wattman failure with notification, I really think like you are thinking, it's in wattman and clock/volt management.  We'll see what happens.  I just keep checking the driver page literally every few hours for days now hoping...  Hugz, I feel your pain man.

Patrick

ray_m

I was specifically asked by engineering to request that.

kurim

Can you please try the "Vega" Specialized driver?

It works also for RX 480:

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition for Radeon RX Vega Series Release Notes

17.7.2: DriverVer = 07/20/2017, 22.19.662.4

17.30.1051-B6: DriverVer = 08/07/2017, 22.19.666.1

I'm trying to reproduce the freeze with bot matches but after one hour of testing it does not freeze so far.

Update:

After 2hours of playing I have massiv frame drops and after stop playing and want watching a reply my system freeze for 1min and than the renderfocus get lost.

njoytommygun

This solved the Problem for me, bought a GTX 1080 sry amd this issues were getting rly frustrating, also since one of my amd gpu's killed itself (7970 no OC) propably cause of heat problems running at 95°C and higher and from my receipt wasnt 2 years old, send it in got charged 30$ just to send it back without looking at it telling me that there is no warranty cause its over 2 years cause the warranty date starts at the point where the shop recieve it, thats a weird policy. and my last 2x r9 290's cant even perform close to what a 1080 does.

lucasmsi

Same here, i'm using a R7 370 MSI and this crash still happens!

I'm roll back the the AMD driver version "17.7.2" to "17.7.1", and it seems that it solved the problem! =)

oldmanlight

I've also been having this issue with overwatch crashing with "rendering device lost error" on 17.7.2 and have since reverted back to 17.7.1 after trying all the steps to repair driver and the game install.  game runs great on 17.7.1 with no crashes but crashes anywhere from 5 minutes to 1-2 hours after launching with 17.7.2.  Please investigate.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit ver 1703
                                                      FX8320
                                                      16 GB DDR3

XFX R9 390

hairycookie

Had same problem with 17.2/17.8 "Видеодрайвер перестал отвечать и был восстановлен" / "Your rendering device has been lost"

Overwatch, Windows 7

RAM 8GB

R9 280X

PS 1000W

Fixed that issued by reinstalling earlier driver 15.7.1.

themaecenas

Same problem there, we are at the update 17.9.1 from the 1.7.2 and nothing as changed since that patch. "Your Rendering device has been lost" is still there to stay ! i'll wait hoping for the miracle

m3lter

Same here with R9 390 (17.9.1) and Ryzen 7 1800X.

ilovecookiez11

I've got an R7 260 and can confirm this. I tried upgrading to 17.7.2 and 17.9.1 and they both crash Overwatch and give me Bluescreens all the time. I'm on Windows 7. Hopefully AMD fixes this.

aqtun

Same problem on R9 390,
                                                                I have noticed that after installing 17.7.2 driver (or higher) only 1 fan is spinning instead of 3, and it's most likely the case of GPU overheating which causes overwatch to crash.

After rollback to 17.7.1 3 fans are spinning.

If you have this driver and overwatch is crashing check how many fans are spinning, I made a strawpoll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13901584

keep in mind that some manufacturers have fans disabled until card reaches certain temperature.

My specs:

GPU: Asus Strix R9 390

CPU: AMD FX-8320

PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 630W

MOBO: Asus M5A97 R2.0

neobreaker08

im having same problem too...

felipekun

I have already installed all possible drivers and continues to give OW error this is sad from AMD, I will buy a GTX 1060 6GB I do not like headache

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                                      p30p13h4t3m3

I wish we'd get any feedback on the progress of the fix for Overwatch on a regular basis.

With every update not fixing this issue it feels like nothing has been done on AMD side.

This causes frustration for every customer owning a current AMD graphics card who wants to play Overwatch and other games.

And there are a lot of customers out there playing Overwatch!

Also being silent all the time causes alot of other threads to pop up, like the following one:

why dont try fix overwatch render problem \?

Finally, how this topic is currently handled, will further hurt the reputation of buying AMD graphics cards in the future.

And this is a sad thing.

felipekun

My model and dual gigabyte fan are OC edition. I solved the problem in the following way: I lowered the clock of the card to the minimum possible that it is -61% and also the energy given by the source to the minimum also that it is -75% and I put it the quality for performance. This way my overwatch and other games run normally but less performance and graphics reduced to not have absurd fps fall, but only so it works, until AMD fix it

blk_mage_ctype

Boy am I glad that I found this thread because I've been spinning my wheels for the past month or so trying to find a solution to this issue thinking that it was on my end. I just finished updating to the latest driver (17.10.1) and although I haven't played Overwatch since, I'll bet that the game still crashes.

So basically I'm going to have to underclock my GPU if I want to experience the Overwatch Halloween Terror event without crashing, then restore it to default settings whenever I go to play new releases like Middle-earth: Shadow of War and The Evil Within 2? Absolutely ridiculous.

spikeypup

Unfortunately don't be too surprised if it doesn't fix the crash, as it is still listed as a "known issue" in the release notes.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I wanted you to be prepared so your weren't too upset when/if it crashes.  Fingers crossed for a fix soon...

Spikeypup

blk_mage_ctype

Yep, it's still crashing alright... A shame too, it sort of faked me out a bit because I somehow managed a single crash-free session of gameplay (albeit a short one only lasting a couple short matches) before it returned to crashing left and right.

I've tried lowering my settings in a veriety of ways, but to no avail. Lowering the settings substantially delayed the occurrence somewhat, but it would still crash eventually. I can't believe that this issue has persisted for so long without being solved, makes me wonder just how big of an issue it is.

spikeypup

Yeah... It's a convoluted mess, and honestly through my research it's a whole bunch of factors and vendors.  I will not be too surprised if after Fall Creator's Update, we see a new driver set that resolves these issues.  From what I've seen AMD is very hard at work to try to understand all facets of this issue and make sure that it's totally a squashed bug. It's not just Overwatch, it's a lot...a lot... of stuff.  My testing reveals progress, but not a solution as of yet... I think some pieces of the puzzle honestly are not in AMD's hands, their in Microsoft's.  And that is where I will stop the speculation train for the moment, lol.  Let's just keep our fingers crossed that this is coming soon... I'm on drivers from June... because they're the only ones that won't crash OBS for my streaming, but the 17.7.2 features and performance level are incredibly higher... so I'm bummed.  But hopeful! 

Spikeypup

blk_mage_ctype

I wish that AMD Radeon Settings included a simple way to rollback an Update so that it could be much easier and didn't require any 3rd Party Software.

Oh well, guess I have no choice but to experiment with underclocking until I get acceptable stability, make a note of my settings once I find said stability, and then just revert back whenever I play other games. What a pain.

Has anyone experimented with rolling back Windows 10 Updates? Maybe going back before they messed everything up would be a better option?

felipekun

Back to the version of windows will not advance I have already tested all versions, which solves and lower the clock and power unfortunately

blk_mage_ctype

Just as well, I seem to have found the magic number on my first try. *knock on wood*

All I did was go into Overdrive Settings and reduced my GPU Clock by 10% (1100mhz to 990mhz) and was able to play the game for well over an hour without any crashes or performance issues. (Which is kind of a big deal seeing as previously I couldn't go 20 minutes without crashing.)

EDIT: Spoke too soon, crashes started up again and returned to their normal frequency. I tried restarting the PC to see if it were like a memory leak, but it made no difference. I've since tried a whole bunch of tweaks, but none of them helped at all. I give up, guess I gotta wait until AMD fixes it and miss out on the whole event. Oh well, serves me right for keeping my drivers up-to-date without looking at the known issues first.

spikeypup

Blk_Mage_ctype,

A Rollback of an OS update is something that I would only consider under dire circumstances for a multitude of reasons to be honest as you could risk some things being even MORE broken than before the rollback lol.  Giggles aside, I found that reducing the GPU clock by 15-20% and the memory clock by 10-15% worked out for me pretty well in some games that were crashing under 17.7.2 like Forza Horizon 3, but Overwatch remains stubborn as all get out and would require the highest reductions in clocks, and still made me nervous stability wise, the longest I played was for about 2 hours, it didn't crash, but I never got back to testing it after that, my money says it probably would have crashed at some point anyway.  If you are a casual player, then this solution might work out in the meantime while a fix is brewing, but if you play competitively I'm afraid there isn't a solid work-around yet at this point that I'm aware of to completely remove or substantially reduce the risk of crashing.

I feel your pain buddy, feel it allover, just keep those fingers crossed that the fix will be here soon...

Cheers!

Spikeypup

blk_mage_ctype

Thanks for the advice. Last night one of the things I tried was decreasing the GPC Clock by 20% and the Memory by 10%, but it didn't work at all, the game crashed in around 15 minutes. I'm considering reducing everything (including the Power Limit) by 20% and seeing what happens.

Thankfully I'm not a Comp player, but I would like to be able to play during the event since I missed out last year, and it's frustrating that it's basically happening again this year, albeit under different circumstances. I would be content being able to manage 2 hours of uninterrupted, crash free gameplay since that's really the most free time I get in one sitting anyway.

spikeypup

Totally understand.  You can certainly try reducing the power limit as well to see what happens, it shouldn't have too much effect as you are already reducing your clocks by a lot unless you are going to go negative with it, you'll just need to use something like GPU-Z to watch to see if you're clocks are stable or if the negative power limit is starving your reduced clock rates which you'll notice as the GPU being under full load but not maintain the clock you have set.

I've already missed the summer games too , although for this new Halloween season I do have stability with 17.6.2 so that's something.  Anything in the 17.7 branch doesn't work for me, with lots of stuff if not all.  With 17.6.2 I can play everything without issue even with my ridiculous overclock in place (14% GPU OC From 1266-->1450Mhz, and ~6% on Memory from 2000-->2125Mhz), also all VCE/UVD functions work without problem such as Video Encoding for streaming and recording, although Relive doesn't work well if at all for me in this version unfortunately.  In 17.7+ Relive works extremely well for me for HEVC and AVC recording, but unfortunately, I need OBS to be working as well to accommodate for my streaming; and under 17.7+ I can't use OBS at all for recording or streaming, it just insta-crashes.  Otherwise, I would typically handle all my streaming through OBS and utilize Relive for all my recordings (Unless I really need an overlay or specific scene feature I have setup in OBS) as the quality and low level of system impact are second to none, better than NV Shadow-play in my opinion, due greatly in part to AMD's excellent implementation of their AMF (Advanced Media Framework) and some fanciness that skips around the driver stack which greatly reduces latency and any performance impact that would normally be imposed.

Oops I'm rambling.  My main point was going to be that perhaps you can find a driver revision that will work for you that is before the 17.7+ series?  Have you given any of the older but somewhat recent versions a try?  They may not have the new integrated control panel or Enhanced Sync, and they might not be quite as performant as the new ones, but they could offer you the stability you desire until all this is fixed.  If you haven't tried something older I suggest you give that a shot and see how it goes for you, you should be able to keep your overclocks and all other wattman settings as you normally would as I found wattman very stable and accurate before 17.7+, and indeed it's working great for me under 17.6.2.  If you try an older version, first try testing with all wattman settings at default, if you're satisfied with stability, then crank up the power limit to max, adjust your clocks to where you know they are good to go, and give it a whirl! 

Good luck and happy fraggin'!

Spikeypup

blk_mage_ctype

Thanks for all of the advice, but at this point I'm just so fed up with it that I'm just gonna let it go and wait for a driver update that fixes this.

I've experimented with some more tweaks, but I've yet to find any combination which allows me to play for any longer than 80 minutes, it's extremely inconsistent, and while that's certainly better than nothing, it takes all the fun out of playing when you're always wondering "When is it going to crash?" in the back of your mind.

Thankfully, I had a good 8500 Credits saved up and I only really cared for the Dragon Symmetra skin, so I just went ahead and spent 3000 Credits to unlock it rather than struggle trying to get lucky and unbox it on top of trying to keep the game stable enough to actually play it for any consistent amount of time. (Besides, I've already been penalized for "leaving" matches, so there's really no way for me to level up between crashing and the -75% Exp penalty.)

I'm unfamiliar with rolling back driver updates and I would rather be able to run new releases like Middle-earth: Shadow of War and The Evil Within 2 better than rollback just for Overwatch and risk losing performance in the aforementioned games. At this point, I'm no longer even having fun trying to play Overwatch anyway, so I'm perfectly fine with just letting it go. (Junkenstein's Revenge is underwhelming anyway. Uprising was way better, IMO.)

spikeypup

You said it exactly... It's that nagging feeling of not knowing when it's going to crash, but KNOWING it will, and that just totally takes the fun out of it, the whole point to gaming is immersion, you can't be immersed if you're always thinking about the stuff outside the game.  At that point, it does TOTALLY take any and all fun out of the whole experience.

Gratz on getting the credits for the skin!  As for the driver roll-backs the drivers make it pretty easy, but I totally understand where you are at with your line of thinking, I've been and am still there.  If you change your mind and want to try to downgrade, or if you need anything else, just let me know!

Spikeypup

blk_mage_ctype

"Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost" - Overwatch Forums

Upon seeing this thread, noting how long this issue has persisted and the wide range of hardware configurations it has been present, I can only conclude that this is in fact an Overwatch-related issue rather than something unique to AMD Drivers, which would also explain why AMD has been unsuccessful in squashing this bug despite numerous Driver Updates being released and AMD's repeated assurance that they're trying to fix the error. Perhaps it is at least partially true in the sense that AMD Driver Updates 17.7.2-17.10.1 triggered the issue, but I am positive that the issue is rooted somewhere in the game's engine, otherwise it wouldn't have repeatedly emerged across multiple hardware/software configurations as it has.

phoenix92

Hey, so I just wanted to tell others what is working for me, no crashes on about 16 matches now in both arcade and in quick play. I was completing between 0 and 3 matches before "Render Device Lost" exception prior.

My setup

AMD fx-8120

Radeon R9 280x - newest drivers

2x4 gig sticks of Gskill 1866

not sure about mobo, its a gigabyte low to mid end

win 10 pro 64 - all current updates

I turned GPU scaling on in radeon settings. In overwatch i capped my fps to 55, turned on VSYNC, and set graphics options to high, resolution is 1600x900, my main monitor died and this backup I have does not support 1920x1080.

Anyhow, no more crashes! Sucks not having graphics maxed but I would rather be playing. I was closing the Radeon host process via task manager and closing the Blizzard app but, that hasnt really changed anything that I can tell.

I have not downclocked CPU,GPU, or RAM.. they are all stock with stock voltages and speeds, my 280x is still running 1100mhz core clock. The only things I changed is what I have listed.. nothing else. After I play a bit more I will try slowly turning things back up until I find the limit. When I find more I will repost.

klif

Have same problem on Amd Radeon HD5850 with  15.200.1062.1004  version

finalkenpachi

Me and hundreds of user have this issue since 17.7.1.

We cannot update driver, because all of driver released since 17.7.1 crashing. Blizzard dont do anything. Maybe this not Blizzard fault? Maybe it's just AMD fault?

I don't know which one fault i just wanna play a game without problem.

17.7.1 Released in July we're on November!!!!

Are you guys kidding to us? I never gonna buy amd card or processor. Thanks for nothing.

themaecenas

I've reached this conclusion: After 5 months the only possible way to play Overwatch with a R9 is to downgrade your drivers (and have problems with other games) or buy another graphic card (not yours, be sure about that).

I'm not angry against Amd but i'm a little bit disappointed about how you are managing this problem and i've to sadly take note that we have being simply left alone.

Surely i won't buy anything from you again and i will advice my friends to don't buy your products, never.

anna-maria

17.11.2. and no changes :C It would be so nice to hear any updates on this from anyone from AMD or Blizzard (or someone else involved).

jpdsc

Still no solution. This is just incredible... I am sorry AMD, but even if you fix it tomorrow, no more AMD for me next year.

kevin666

Since there is still no fix is it recommended to switch the graphics card? Or will there be a patch in additional 1-2 month?

I am playing only Destiny 2 and Overwatch so i want the new driver for Destiny  and the old one for Overwatch to prevent it from crashing.

asfas

I bought RX580 instead gtx 760... And I have got worst a performance than on card 4 years old xD

My FPS increase but a picture isn't stable, when I setup a lock fps(144 or Monitor) in the Overwatch settings, my SIM increase 7+, if I setup 300 FPS, then  SIM < 4, but I have a unsynced frame...

Low settings graphics.

On the driveres 17.7.1 it situation a better, but not ideal (

I think about returne an old card...

In the quake champions graphics very fine!

The drivers => 17.7.2 brought "Enhanced Sync" and the Overwatch cant use a new API...

asfas

The driver 17.11.4 didn't resolve the problem...

The overwatch and the AMD dont want fix problem (

anna-maria

17.11.4 guys, 17.11.4. And still there isn't a fix. It's been a known issue for three months and people have been screaming about it for who knows how long. You all dear AMD people, probably have better things to do than to keep your customers updated on ANY progress you might have on the issue. But I might as well ask as the time and effort isn't getting us anywhere with the current problem. Or at least that's how it seems to a mere player. So what's up? Any news? Any progress? Light at the end of the tunnel? This is getting beyond frustrating. I really hope you are putting all your efforts in to this problem.

anna-maria

Someone linked this to the Overwatch forums: Terry Makedon on Twitter: "@SnaxxNZGaming @SV_108 @joaonl Because we found the fix finally on Friday afternoon."  They also said it should be out soon maybe on the 12th? Does anyone else know more about it?

EDIT// If someone missed it, the new drivers are out! OW crash was mentioned as fixed problem. They've worked for me so far (been running the game for a few hours).

tyburg

I have a 7870 - usually get 70-80 FPS. For some reason, even though I was on the older driver that didn't have the issue, my game started crashing after the most recent OW update. Saw there was a new release, installed, rebooted, tried OW. Now I sit at 30-50 FPS. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but what good is the fix if it kills my FPS? It's not "unplayable", but it's choppy enough now where I don't want to play at all. I'm going to try downgrading to the old driver again - I'd rather have it crash occasionally than play with crap FPS.