70 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 5:05 PM by rebelyell

Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!

worldofanirban

Hello Everybody,

I have recently upgraded my system to Ryzen 5,

Here is my new Rig,

Asus Strix B350F latest bios Version 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a

Ryzen 5 1600X

G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB F4-3200C14D- 16GFX

Asus Strix GTX970

Seasonic X-850 PSU

Windows Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393, 1480)

Problem Description: After windows installation when I am running my PC just fine suddenly display turns of with or without vga error diagnosis led on mobo. Then nothing, it is not restarting on its own. Sometimes pressing power button also not force shutdown the pc. I need to turn it off by wall power switch and after only a complete power off it can be booted again. Now again no problem but sometimes I have received a bios message for setup it again. Switched GPU in a different PCIe lane again same problem after sometime. If I reset my OC profile to default it does not holds good. However I have tried full power off- reset bios- install gpu in 2nd lane then on and test = OK working. Again OCd CPU and after some time during stress test again screen goes blank and nothing can be done.

There is something wrong in windows event viewer, in every core (all 12 logical cores) I have received a Error massage in Windows log>System:

1. "Performance power management features on processor 10 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."

2. "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Update 1: Yesterday I just thought that there might be software issue and started to uninstall some software/driver. Since AM4 Chipset Driver comes with Asus Strix B350F motherboard is 1.4 GB and as per I remember during installation of this chipset driver I have seen Radeon. So I thought that this might be the problem. So uninstalled all AMD software, then uninstalled Nvidia Driver> run DDU> cleaned both AMD driver and Nvidia driver one after another. Started windows again and it is running fine without any graphics driver for almost 1 and half hours. Normally I face this problem after 5 to 15 mins after PC starts.

Update 2: Since I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 iso (founders update) so I decided to clean install windows again. After formatting installed all necessary drivers one by one and then updated windows 10 and others. My pc was on for almost 6.5hrs no problem. This time I have not installed any AMD chipset driver and windows automatically installed them. In device manager not found any unknow device after windows update is complete.

Update 3: Today morning when I switched it on again now again same problem. The display turns off on its own after 5-10 mins and never recovers unless a full wall switch shutdown. but this time onward no VGA light of mobo is glowing seems fine everything but not the display.

I am very sure that it is not a hardware problem. Something in the windows 10 either it's update or some driver is causing this issue. I have posted my problem in some other forums as well but till date not received any solution or something. The problem is very annoying for me specially after spending good amount of money on quality components. Please help & Please please keep me informed if you need any info.

Thanks for reading.

Update 4: Today morning when I switched it on again now again same problem. The display turns off on its own after 5-10 mins and never recovers unless a full wall switch shutdown. but this time onward no VGA light of mobo is glowing seems fine everything but not the display.

I am very sure that it is not a hardware problem. Something in the windows 10 either it's update or some driver is causing this issue. I have posted my problem in some other forums as well but till date not received any solution or something. The problem is very annoying for me specially after spending good amount of money on quality components. Please help & Please please keep me informed if you need any info.Thanks for reading.

• Re: Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!
          rebelyell

well, i will thow a little info at ya. it may help some.

i get the same errors on cpu cores every ten minutes. i think its related to the firmware 1006 agesa and the sensors mod in new bios. i just delete for now. but you should probably turn off HPET if you dont have it off. also make sure windows isnt downloading drivers for your hardware when you install amd gpu driver and turn off all anti virus programs and windows defender also. defender was basically nothing until recently but its been beefed up persay .

make sure you have the factory voltage set on the ram sticks in bios.

when you have amd driver installed go into wattman and bottom right power slider to max +25 or 50% is max on most cards this is normal and not overclocking. turn off chill in same area and click apply. then go into global setting and turn off power efficiency.

reboot .. see how it goes..

• Re: Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!
              worldofanirban

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. As you have told I have not found any option to turn off HPET in Asus UEFI. Googled it and found there is another option to turn off HPET. I ran PowerShell (not x86 version) in admin and typed bcdedit/deletevalue useplatformclock but surprisingly I found that bcdedit/deletevalue is not recognised by windows as a valid instruction. So I am unable to check it. Is there any other option?

I don't have AMD GPU in my system. I have written that because during chipset driver installation I have seen Radeon in the installer so I thought by some mistake I have selected to install wrong driver in my system and it is interfering with my Nvidia gtx970 card so I had uninstalled it just to check if the error is there or not.

Later I have downloaded ryzen chipset driver from and website not Asus and installed it. My GPU is Nvidia.

I am running G.Skill FlareX 3200 16 gb kit and it's default D.O.C.P profile is 3200mhz 1.35v 14 latency and I have not messed with it.

One Important Observation: I think I have found a pattern of this display off. Whenever I am connecting it with internet by any means it happens. I will not say every time. But let's say if I have experienced this in total 10 times then at least 8 times it happed when I am online and there is zero stress on the system.

I am dam sure it is nothing to do with my cpu+gpu overclock. As I have experienced it with and without oc applied.

Recently I was trying to remove all Intel drivers for my Lan just to make sure it is not a driver conflict of network. I will update this in few hours because this display off happened just now when I was searching for HPET WiFi on (realtec driver). But believe me it not happened yesterday night when I was playing Watch Dog 2.

worldofanirban

I have removed Intel Lan driver - restarted pc - bios - disabled Intel Lan controller - boot windows. Seemed fine worked for more than an hour as it connected to WiFi via realtec dongle by to link. Again watch dogs 2. After 30 I think when I minimised game to make some adjustment in on screen display of RTSS again display turned off and pressing power button is not working to force shutdown my pc.

It seems there is no pattern of this occurrence. Very frustrating.

worldofanirban

After 16 hours of trouble shooting the result is big zero. I have tested with SMT on/off, Global P-State Auto/enabled/disabled, overclocked profile of cpu, normal profile of cpu, CPB on/off, load line calibration: auto/regular, RAM DOCP profile on off, running ram in different slots, default ram profile without messing with timing or voltage, under volt my cpu, slightly over volt my cpu, without gpu overclock, with gpu overclock. Nothing. What I have found that my ryzen processor can run smoothly at 3.9GHz, 3200Mhz Ram, 1.375 - 0.0315 (-ve volt offset) very stable if remove my screen turn off issue apart. Looks like a good cpu sample. But even so my core voltage max is touching around 1.40 some times though I have a -ve offset. I don't know why.Stress test pass 39x -0315v  offset.PNG

Look at this screen and you will see it was stable for 30 min with full stress test not display turn off issue I have experienced. It is very random and maximum of the time I happened when PC is idling.

But still I don't know why core volt is increasing when the multiplier is 36 and when the multiplier is 39 having a same 1.375 - 0.0315v offset.

Againg even in default mode the processor clock speed is not decreasing below 3.6Ghz (or 3.89Ghz on oc mode) even I have tried with full default bios setting however volt is dropping more in default mode is CPB is off.

Now today morning I have again fresh installed windows 10 without any update and driver till now. It is working fine with out screen display off issue. Let's see...

If any one out there have any idea on this Please Please Please post something....

thanks for reading

rebelyell

lets see if we can get some added help here whiskey-foxtrot and get to the bottom of this.

worldofanirban

Hello rebelyell,

Thanks but what you are suggesting exactly? To post this issue in this forum or something?

rebelyell

you can just check back here  later in your post.

whiskey-foxtrot

Hi Yuri,

Not sure if I can help here - there's also a lot of info and seemed TL;DR after your original post. In your original post you said you ruled out hardware, but I wouldn't be too sure about it. You mentioned "OC" - what happens when you reset your BIOS and go with defaults - have you at least tested it without OC'ing or touching the BIOS?

Secondly, those errors you mentioned from event log indicate that you may be blocking certain updates - why is that? Let Windows update the first time and keep it updated. Also make sure you've updated drivers for you GPU (from the manufacturers site). I'm not sure how your system was running prior to any changes you made; bring it back to it's original state and try to solve the problem through the process of elimination. Make one change at a time before using powershell etc and disabling stuff at random without knowing why - keep it simple.

That Asus "Stress" test doesn't indicate anything. All it says is that your system is running within the limits of what that program can report/deemed stable without triggering other lingering issues.

1. Reset BIOS - make sure that's stable first
                                    2. Fully update your system right after step #1
                                    3. Before making any OC changes, make sure step 2 is done.

Other than what I've mentioned here, there's nothing more I add at this time.

worldofanirban

Thanks for reading the post. Yes do I agree with you. I have tested my system with and with out OC, Windows 10 v1607 fully updated, Windows 10 v1703 (founders update fully updated. Why I am telling this: Because when I observed this issue for first time it was Windows 10 v1607 (updated) and when I found nothing can be done to eliminate it, I just fresh installed new clean ISO of Windows 10 v1703. That day after clean installation it ran for almost 6-7hrs with out any issue. During that time I have completed installing all updated drivers and antivirus and then started to update windows 10. Since my net is a bit slow sometimes it took almost 3 hours to update my antivirus and windows 10 1703 till date. Here is the copy of installed updates,

1_windows update list.PNG

At night may be 12.30am the entire update is over and the pc restarted several times just to install those updates and it was fine like a new pc.

Next day morning I woke up and started my PC and the windows clean boot happened. Great!

Just in less than 3-5min DISPLAY OFF for the first time after installation of windows. Till this time Bios was clean without a mess. The above mentioned entire problem I have written after this event.

Yes this might be a hardware problem and I am not a hardware expert or a Windows expert to claim its a windows update issue.

Today morning (24-07-17) I have formatted my windows 10 again with founders update and stopped windows to download any further update from net. then activated windows. It worked fine for 1.5 hrs. Today after noon I have installed all drivers (LATEST) till now I kept windows update turned off. No problem for a 2.5 hrs run.

I have not applied any OC yet. But just to confirm you, When this problem is happening it happens with or with out OC in CPU, no matter ram sticks are in which DIMM slots, GPU in which PCIe slot, 2 different Nvidia drivers I have tested with, with or without network connection.

I have tried with every possible combination I can afford but the pattern of occurrence does not improve or deteriorate. It seems random but only happens when I am inside windows and that is for sure.

I will update again soon.

Do you have any suggestion or need any clarity on this please keep posted.

Thanks for reading. Any help will be much appreciated because i am hopeless and if it goes like this I have to switch my Mobo and CPU. Thanks again for your valuable inputs. I will keep testing.

worldofanirban

Ok. Thanks whiskey-foxtrot to bring hardware issue into notice. After fresh install windows and drivers again I was checking ram because I have heard that ram incompatibility may also trigger this issue. Today when the pc was working suddenly it happened again but this time RAM amber led is blinking. Restarted pc and checked it's default docp profile seems ok as it exactly as specified by G.Skill 3200mhz and the latency values as well so just exited from bios without changing anything. So restarted the pc and again normal witin 5 min the problem happened again exactly same what happened earlier. Now I checked asus new QVL list for compatibility with this motherboard and what a SHOCK....The G.Skill's AMD Ryzen Compatible FlareX 2x8GB F4-3200C14D- 16GFX memory is not in asus latest qvl list. Wow I simply can't imagine how a company like Asus have missed it. Immediately contacted asus for the same and they told me just now that it will eventually be updated in qvl. Now I am in great problem.

Is there any tips so that I can just run pc until new bios with proper ram support gets available? How I can make it run until then? What is your suggestion?

Besides I have checked these ram stick with windows memory diagnostic tool after restarting my pc and it has shown no problem.

Ok sorry for this it was my fault afterall. Thanks for reading.

worldofanirban

Found Memtest86 and I will post the result once it is complete.

worldofanirban

Thanks again rebelyell.

Ok this is how I can stop rpc service, please correct me if I am wrong,

Windows+R > services.msc > search for "RpcSs" service > disable it.

Is it right? And yep I am definitely not running server or pc in network.

Besides just to add, today I found this motherboard has individual Ryzen CPU based BIOS of same version 0805 and here is my processor,

Does every bios version is different for different Ryzen CPU? becs I was using this same version of bios which is listed in the drivers and tools section of this motherboard and it is not CPU specific just one file. I think I can try this new one but seems same. Don't know though. Pls suggest. thanks

Did you just deleted your reply?

rebelyell

actually the RpcSs needs to stay enabled looks like a deeper issue..

rebelyell

if you have the rog strix b350-f gaming motherboard and have not flashed the bios . you should flash the bios yes. if your running an old bios this will fix alot of issues.

make sure your uefi bios settings are on optimzed defaults before you flash. or you will have problems. no overclocks or anything just default then flash. with a usb fat32 formatted usb . read the manual for correct way to flash bios.

worldofanirban

Till now no clue. Problem remains same after this new bios flush. Created a USB stick with memtest86 but for some weird reason it is not working in uefi. What is happening is when I am selecting uefi partition of this pen-drive - the memtest starts loading and detecting my cpu, its cache, speed etc then ram, ram spd info and just when it starts to collect its configuration the system restarts on its own and mobo ram error led blinks for a second. Every time it is happening.

So I selected the non-uefi partition of this same pen drive (it creates two uefi partition and one non-uefi partition) and it started to check my ram. till now no error observed.

worldofanirban

Yesterday I have tested my RAM with memtest86. Since I have two sticks I have run this test for one at a time on average 4 hour and after runiingh this test individually for both rams (4hrs+4Hrs) again I have tested it for almost 6hours with both the sticks installed and DOCP profile default (3200 and default timing as specified by G.Skill) eanbled. No issues found not a single one. Also tested with RAM Map. here is my screenshots,

Both Stick Ram.jpgRAM Map.jpg

Till now I am facing the same problem. Some times it takes few minutes to trigger and some times it takes 30 mins or something.

Today morning I have a new Idea. I have seen some articles after release of GTX970 and it's 3.5+.5GB VRAM issue. So i thought it might be a case if my Ryzen system trying to access normally the 0.5 GB partitioned vram and triggering some issue. Don't know though because I am just an average pc user with little knowledge. Since I am lucky enough because one of my friend has a R9-290 card so I uninstalled my GTX 970 and installed R9-290. Definitely I have gone through proper driver cleaning by DDU and then installed R9-290 with latest AMD driver. Now lets see....and hope for the best before

rebelyell

did you empty the standby. its completley full of cached , so your memory manager is only unloading what it needs to run by dumping writes back to the drive. which is very slow. slow for a pc that is. this if its filling up 16 gigs that fast what are you running that has a memory leak like that.? i will tell you malewarebytes doing a scan fills it in a minute and dosent unload. kinda bugged but.. something is loading up your ram cache/stanby rapidly. do you have room on your hard drive for the dumps or is it full?

open up task manager, then open resource monitor and look how many handles you have running....!

worldofanirban

Wow Guys I think I have fixed it. OMG I am so exited. And I think I have found the issue. It is the GTX970 and it's partitioned RAM. Today I have not gone to office just to fix it because I simply can't bear it anymore as I am so frustrated.

Requesting AMD to please fix your platform so that I can use my GPU because right now I can't afford GTX1070 or something and I don't want to throw my GTX970 away just because of this reason.

And I was googling with this combination and found one article,

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3387433/ryzen-gtx-970-working.html

If I have seen it before I don't have to waste my energy for this prolonged troubleshooting and sleepless night.

But I need a fix for all cost. Thank you very much specially to rebelyell for keeping in touch for all the time for my issue. This is the only forum I have received regular reply. Requesting you again please where I can post my issue so that this problem can be fixed.

Thanks man thanks a lot.

Hope this problem never happens with any one whose knowledge level is even poor than me!!!!!

rebelyell

are you running speech recognition ??? i mean it could be a milllion different things causing it.

Speech Recognition (sapisvr.exe) Handles Leak - Microsoft Community

rebelyell

well if you dont need the asus suite dont install it. i had to uninstall it because i was getting 500,000 handles in 36hours. thats 1 handle a second 12,000 handles an hour. every time asus suite system info reads the temps and cpu it adds a handle and dosent unload. so keep an eye on your standby and clear it if it gets very full and that will tell you if thats the issue.

worldofanirban

I have found a thread in toms hardware That I have already written but it is not posted yet and it is under moderators approval. In this tread many people have experienced no post issue with R5 1600x + Gtx 970 setup. Now please go through that thread as soon it is being approved by moderators.

By the way I have recently seen a video where it is being suggested to over volt the ram from 1.35 to 1.37 and another voltage something VDTTD or else from 0.675 to 0.680 just to stabilize the ram. How do you think?

How ever my system running far better with R9 290 and waiting for the issue to occur again. But till now no clear evidence what went wrong that time. Waiting for your reply.

worldofanirban

Most importantly why my minimum cpu frequency is not dropping below 3.6Ghz? It supposed to drop right when it is in idle?

worldofanirban

Again this happened. Black screen. Not again pls.

I am giving up with this build total waste of time for almost a week. This time my RAM frequency was low 2133 and DOCP on. Wall power off and on again and changed it to 2400Mhz rest same DOCP on. Lets see if I am getting the Prime95 error again or not.

worldofanirban

Ok Imam done with my ryzen build. It seems Motherboard or ram or processor is faulty. No matter what it keeps posting black screen either with Nvidia or Radeon Ghraphics card. Already wasted too much time to troubleshoot this issue and not anymore. Tomorrow morning I will contact my e-seller for rma. Now the problem is if I have to go to service centre of Asus, G.skill, amd for checking individual stuff as I don't have skilled technicians in my location it will be more cost effective for me to dump this setup and buy a new one. Let's see what kind of support I am going to receive from itdepot.com (our India based seller). Thanks anyway for helping me.

qwixt

Keep in mind that I do not own a Ryzen system, but if I was faced with this situation, I would do this:

Go into Bios and limit C-states to C0 and C1, and disable any fast startup.

Go into windows 10, what do with power buttons, and turn off fast startup. Power setup, turn off hibernation and sleep. Turn off power management features for PCI in power profile setup.

Then test again. Limiting to C0 and C1 allows the cpu to still downclock, but will not go into lower sleep and hibernate states. Fast startup is just problematic.

worldofanirban

First of all thanks for your suggestions. I don't have a very good understanding of c- state control but i have tried with enable/disable/auto and none of it shown any impact on my issue.

Yes I do have switched off pci link state power management to off, disabled all hybernation, hybrid sleep feature. Besides my processor clock never seats below 3589 MHz as per I remember when I turn on ryzen balanced power mode which came with ryzen chipset driver package as I downloaded directly from AMD website.

Can't say regarding the first startup but no problem I will check it and test again. Thanks

Do you have any idea regarding the failure I have posted with screen shot in prime 95? What may be the root cause?

qwixt

Corsair Link is a problem app. I would not use it. It caused my intel x99 based system a lot of issues when i had it installed.

Are you OCing at all?

rebelyell

i agree the corsair was a big problem until a week ago with 2 new updates and is working as intended.. figured i would mention that.

worldofanirban

But does corsair Link may cause a system freeze with black screen even pc power switch long press not doing anything? And yes I have updated my corsair link to latest version.

Ok my long story short and my final findings are as follows,

1. On day one after I installed all my components I have ensured the cpu is sitting properly before closing the latch. Power on my system of old Windwos 10 ssd and before going to windows I setup bios with with latest Asus 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a. That time everything was in pure default and my ram profile was auto at 2400MHz 1.20v.

2. Then clean installed Anniversary edition of Win10 and installed all latest drivers available and windows update (not founders) it is the basic cumulative updates.

3. Started to experiance RAM issue with mobo amber light blinking sometimes as well as VGA error led sometimes the the display turns off.

4. Then I started to play with RAM speed (not timining: it is set by the mobo) and found the situation is much stable if I turn of the default D.O.C.P profile which by default switches on 3200Mhz profile (14 timining as written on the stick 1.35v).

5. Again experianced the problem. Sometimes VGA light is on or the RAM light is on.

6. After few days no error led but display of, PC freeze even power button is not working

7. I downloaded Windows 1703 founders clean iso and installed it fresh. The pc was working fantastic that time for upto 7hrs. Completed all installation and update with asus AISuite III till this time.

8. On next day morning after I woke up and started my pc and the display gone in less than 5 mins. Restarted by switching off UPS. Restarted again same problem and it continued.

9. I have checked it with different bios setting like> default, SMT on/off, LLC Auto/Regular/medium, SoC LLC Auto/Regular, Slight overclocking without changing voltage, Turned CPB off, even tried under-volting my CPU upto -0.03125 offset.

I observed one strange behavior of this system: In default when CPB is on this mobo pushes crazy voltage spikes like 1.52v as shown in the left corner of bios but immediately switches back to 1.21v.

One more thing, If I increase the core ratio say 38 then the voltage automatically increases no matter what I selected in bios. e.g. 38 ratio and core voltage is 1.375(bios) - 0.03125 (offset) but during the stress test HW info and all other programme showing the voltage reaching upto 1.40v on core (LLC of Core and SoC both was regular). But the problem of display is there for every single experiment and it is random.

10. Again clean installed Windows 10 1703 and this time no AISuite, fan controlled by bios, chipset driver of AMD not asus, tested with two different GPU i.e. GTX970 and R9-290 (cleaned driver as well). Nothing fruitful.

11. Also tested the memory with memtest for total of 14 Hours and found Zero issues. Also tested with few of my different PSU cables just to ensure it.

Summary:

This problem is absolute random. Sometimes it takes 5 mins and sometimes 7 hr. But it is there. Nothing to do with overclock, it remains exactly same. Situation improves with 3200Mhz ram clock + R9-290 compared to Auto RAM frequency + GTX970. Found one issue in Prime 95, one worker stopped and returned fatal error, but as per G.Skill tech support it may occur rarely and not a ram problem. Most of the time when it occurs, on the mobo any diagnostic light not glows. When I ac power off the system of course there will be some power in the mobo, now unless it is drained completely, if I switch on the ac power the power button fails to turn on the PC. PC only turns on after the power is drained. But in bios it never ever shows any error or failure or press F1 to config BIOS. But it happens (error and bios set up needed) when the RAM failure occurs with amber mobo led on/blinking but that time, power button works perfectly to switch off the PC (force shut down).

So the problem is too complicated for me.

qwixt

Thank you for the full history.

"I observed one strange behavior of this system: In default when CPB is on this mobo pushes crazy voltage spikes like 1.52v as shown in the left corner of bios but immediately switches back to 1.21v."

This doesn't sound good, but I am not sure which voltage you are talking about, so it could very well be ok.

This thread has a couple video links in it, that I would watch if I had your board: Strix b350-f Gaming

There are a lot of changing variables in your history. I suggest watching at least the first video. First, put everything to stock settings. I would even underclock the memory at first to 2400 like you originally did.

You tried different video cards, so not GPU related. That leaves PSU, Motherboard, CPU, or memory.

Some different things to try while running at no OC:

- Run with one stick of memory, then swap out the one if problem persists. If problem continues, then all memory is bad or more likely the problem is not memory related because it is unlikely you would get more than one bad stick of memory. Another potential issue is that there could be a compatibility issue with motherboard. I did not find your memory on the QVL list: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/STRIX_B350-F_GAMING/ROG_STRIX_B350-F_GAMING_Memory_QVL_20170519.pdf?_ga=2.…

Curiously, the link with the videos, the guy is using the same memory as you.

If the problem still persists, after stock settings all that, I would simply RMA the motherboard and RAM, then change the RAM to one from the QVL. Because I imagine that time is running out for returns on the purchase.

A long shot if you have a spare PSU is try switching PSUs briefly. I doubt that it is PSU related, but it's nice to cross that off the list like you did with GPU.

I think it is down to determining if you have bad memory, incompatible memory, and/or a bad motherboard.

Good luck

rebelyell

after studying this very close. this seems like 1 problem leeding to another. i firmly believe you have a faulty vrm power phase controller on the mobo and or mosfet. the reason your pc runs longer with out drivers is probably due to pc not using as much power as intended which runs longer.

the errors are due to chipset driver security of cpu not installed ARM psp . you seem to be doing everything correctly and not installing AI suite is a good idea.

since the possible power phase could be the root of the problem and you have been hard powering down and up will cause damage but not your fault.  when you see cpb power spikes to 1.52 is normal. but i think the VRM power module is broke no good or mosfet failure. so with out talking any deeper on this. i firmly think your motherboard is no good and needs returned. if i am wrong the only other possibility could be is the power supply faulty in my opinion. also once you get a new mobo i recommend to not use prime 95 as it puts a huge amount of stress on entire system. !

if you can return the motherboard i would suggest doing that as soon as possible. !!!!

if anyone feels i am wrong freely suggest your thoughts.!

rebelyell

also , in future with new board. i recommend if your mobo has the features of the vrm switching phases to let them on auto which seems to work good with ryzen. if it was a fx cpu i would say turn it up but its not... keep us informed how things are going with your unfortunate and rare troubles.

rebelyell

1600x is great cpu it has extra cache per core count on cpu which is very good ..!

rebelyell

there is a new egesa already being test for asus so keep an eye out for it maybe month or 2 tops should be full release i hope..

worldofanirban

Yesterday evening I just installed my old intel setup and it is working fine with my PSU, ssd & hdd. Seems like the problem is with my Motherboard - CPU - RAMs. Something strange observed again. This time my Corsair link usb driver is corrupted. Showing a yellow small triangle in device manager. ( Some latest hardware change or something causing this issue it is saying. But uninstalling reinstalling not fix my problem. Also tried to delete the driver then restart reinstall no way. Switched to different mobo internal usb. Not worked.

Recently going through some other thread and seen so many customer have posted these black screen, screen freeze issue.

I seriously doubt that changing my mother board will gonna fix the issue. If it is the motherboard then in the bios menu or while I was running the memtest86 it should have shown this error at least for once. Almost 14 hrs no problem. Only only only inside windows every problem is arising.

worldofanirban

Sorry how I forget to mention. The first time I booted my setup with older version of windows I opened previously installed hw info (old windows installation not fresh). My system just crashed. Again tried to open it after restart same issue. After that days passed and clean installed my windows downloaded latest hw info not found this immidiate crash with this one. This older hw crash looks similar what i have experienced with memtest uefi. My system restarts just at the point when this program in uefi tries to collect ram configuratin info just after collecting spd data. It happens every time i start to launch it in uefi mode. Hw info also crashed my pc when reading from sensors just at the start. SOMETHING IS VERY UNUSUAL IN WINDOWS AND AGAIN I THINK IT IS THE WINDOWS PLATFORM CAUSING THIS ISSUE.

If not how could my pc ran for 14hrs without any issues if there are some problem in the power phase?

rebelyell

i can tell you that when you first install hwinfo it will warn you and ask you if you want it too read the information from asus or sensor. i picked the one that dont have crash issues. thats all i remember.. 2 options... i chose the lesser with no crash problem..

worldofanirban

Yep I have seen it too. It tries to collect data from motherboard sensor and pump sensor. But after I downloaded the new version checking or un-checking it has no direct influence on crash. However I have not checked uninstalling hw info and H80iv2 driver. I have already uninstalled my setup.

But do you really believe if it is some power phase problem and not bios or os in that case why I have not seen a single crash or freeze in bios menu and memtest run of 14 hours?

Seems like i am also paying early adopters tax. Since this motherboard is also new.

rebelyell

memory tests dont stress out system. it just reads and write data and looks for erors that cant be corrected on code..

also most people dont realize  how much software is reading there sensors. and software refreshes usually every 1 second or 2 seconds. and nothing on the system should ever read faster than 1 second a a time. so if you have 4 or 5 things reading sensors in the background every second they most likely are reading much more times per second than should be. and then people wonder why wierd and strange things unexplaneable are going on. that can cause all kinds of problems. thats why turning off clock features in bios like super I/O clock skew for over clocking is needed in most cases to run odd clocks.. it gets out of sync with hand off function to operating system AHCI and so on and so on and so on... even  ahci hand off of driver too os system, anyway you get the idea....!

worldofanirban

Here are tons of customer of Asus strix either B350f or X350 facing similar issues,

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING issues

ave you experienced any issues running multiple hardware monitoring software in background?

worldofanirban

My problem has been fixed with latest bios version 0806 by Asus released 4 days ago. It was not a hardware issue and I was right. Changed nothing. Now my FlareX kit also running at 3200. Not ocd my cpu and I am waiting for a rock solid bios before tweaking the cpu. Running at default and CPB on.

thanks for the help guys.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                                            worldofanirban

Thanks rebelyell,

but figured out my problem and not happened again. It only happens while two different hardware hardware monitoring software is accessing data from mobo. When I run Hwinfo + msi afterburner (GPU) no problem but HWinfo+CPUZ/corsair link+msi afterburner = blackscreen. I have tested with corsair link + afterburner = no problem. So it is very clear for me now. corsair link is not causing any black screen its a combined effect. I can create this issue now when ever I want.

But do you know some email id of asus developer or support to escalate this issue so that it can be fixed? I have tried to contact Asus India support but it seems they are stupid and unable to understand this issue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                                                costas_

Hello worldofanirban,

I tested your problem because I have the same specs : ( Asus Rog b350-F 16gb ram and ryzen 5 1600) , I am running on 0809 . I have the exactly same problem . When I run 3 temp monitor software the display turns off and I have to force the power off from the wall socket in order to get back up and running . Also  , I send a ticket regarding this problem on ASUS Europe / Greek support and waiting for their response . This problem is so frustrating and they need to fix it .

Thank you for your thread ,

Costas

worldofanirban

My pleasure at least I am able to reduce some painful troubleshooting for similar issue. It also happens when you run a hardware monitoring tool and Asus aura software in temperature rgb mode because now rgb is fetching mobo temp data to change colour. Whatever, new 0811 bios is out and you can try it but in this new bios, zen common option has been removed so I can not apply pstate overclock any more. Asus has intentionally done this or not don't know. So switched back to 0809. How ever pls do post any response you receive from asus service team and if you have not tried pstate overclock yet, I have posted a super easy tutorial in linustechtip comunity>tutorial section where you can oc in pstate without typing hex codes and get same result. Another good thread of this motherboard related issues in asus rog forum. You may join there as well, just search "ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING ISSUES" in rog forum and you will get the thread.

How ever I still love this board and it is one of the best b350 board out there and value for money. I think these few issues will be sorted out soon.

rebelyell

bettter idea. turn off all temp monitoring programentirely 4 will fuk up drivers windows mobo and bsod. you cant run or should never un more than 2 teps sensors at 1 time its hrd on the mobo and cpu and chipset.

i see what your trying to do to trick windows so it wont look at it no more but its not correct way. you may be suprized how much is monitoring temps  sensors... windows, corsair, fans, and much more. fans how many and is it program or mobo speeds. to much wayyyyyyyy to much... thats like a an audio driver fail crash windows and why takes forever to figure it out... sme thing here... uninstall all asus monitoring first. boom big time fix.. and like the nice gentlemen before my my post turn off fukin aura

rebelyell

sorry for my mis spelling but you all get the idea..!