sellis97

AMD Sata Controller 1.3.1.276 is faulty

Discussion created by sellis97 on Jul 10, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 by xdemoncamberx

Hi! After building my new rig I noticed that my audio would stutter sometimes when using the computer. I literally did everything until I stumbled on a post on sysnative forums that had the same problem as me. So my Windows 10 64-bit (Creators Update) doesn't seem to use the Amd driver at all. When I click scan for hardware changes in device manager my system halts for a second and audio stutters. Changing the Amd Sata Controller to Microsoft Sata Ahci driver fixes these audio issues. The audio stutters would happen in games when Windows tried to use/update the drivers.

The user on sysnative fixed the issue by placing the Amd Sata Controller driver to system32 manually and loading it using Windows driver loader. So something is definitely wrong with the driver. There seems to be 1.3.276 from 2015 and one from 2016 and both have the same problem. I am not sure if these issues are caused by the driver or by Windows.

So is there anything I can do to log the problem and help you guys fix it? It's kinda weird that a driver from 2006 works better than one from 2016...

Outcomes