3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2017 5:16 PM by seyfodayi

Ryzen dislike legacy games (Max Turbo will not work)

ryuzen-fx

Ryzen maximum frequency can only run the class, can not play the game (DirectX?)?

......... This is Ryzen fiasco to i3 the truth.

Google Translate: Chinese to English

Maximum frequency = Max Turbo (Max Turbo Core Speed)

1700 full core Turbo acceleration to 3.2Ghz, dual-core Max Turbo acceleration to 3.75Ghz (50MHz XFR)

http://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-1700

dddd.jpg

The maximum frequency of Ryzen can be honored?

Winrar or 7-zip with 1 to 2 threads compressed file can really run out (Taskmgr may need to check CPU0 ~ CPU2). Not only can see, but can not use the frequency (as shown in the lower part of the picture)

Although the "maximum frequency" is not a lie, but ...

The game is not feasible, may not have a 1 to 2 threads of 3D games can run the maximum frequency, you just casually find some old single-threaded DX9 3D games run, for example ... WoT? (Even without any reviewer "found" this problem?)

Of course, the game certainly someone will say what the video card driver forced multi-threaded, the workload ran to run the entity CPU more than two cores.

But the road does not turn, I put the film ("Kernel usage" compared to the game much less)

The upper part of the picture is a 4K 10bit test video of the soft decoding, CPU only hook CPU0 ~ CPU1, I changed the power plan park off CPU4-CPU15, you can see the so-called maximum frequency is not used (the problem is not in the TDP Temperature, CPU only 40 degrees below it)

Ryzen's "dual-core acceleration" can not on the maximum frequency ah, is the CPU usage problem? But if we will test the program in exchange for 7-zip

22222.jpg

Visible in the figure.

Such as 7-zip such as the calculation of the program even if the four threads run over the two cores , acceleration can still reach the maximum frequency (Max Turbo = higher than 3.2GHz)

Is it a good thing to do after SenseMI code analysis? Or is MS not doing for Ryzen?

The maximum frequency of work (7-zip), sometimes do not work (game), use limited where there can be called Precision Boost?

AMD's predecessor bulldozer series did not have this problem

Now can only do ... ... (equivalent to 2C4T, Core C6 out 3 ~ 8C, feel the maximum frequency he returned)

2.jpg(Msconfig.exe)

Is this AMD hope?

Do not talk about the game mode, the game mode will always tile the workload to each CPU, and Max Turbo role of the concept of different (only two entities can be active in the CPU, and other idle CPU need to be CC6 out)

Conclusion

Ryzen self-bound with Turbo on the high-frequency i3 of course lose a lot

The question now

Do not know AMD's SenseMI in hinder CPU4 ~ 15 into CC6, or MS's problem.

Even if the park out CPU4 ~ 15 after playing the game, the frequency still can not work in the Max Turbo, suspected to be idle core did not enter the CC6

turbo.jpg

original author: me

original source:http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?fid=61&tid=2375265