35 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 8:03 PM by 0v3rkill

AMD Relive Audio Sync FIX (UPDATED)

dam20

IMPORTANT:

I've just find out that with USB headphones (Like Razer Kraken 7.1 2013) there's a small audio delay, noticeable by slowing down the video at 20%, but with normal headphones (Like Beats Studio 2010) there's none.

To see if this really works on any PC, try it yourself, just record with USB then switch to a normal headphone, let me know if works.

Hi, hope this is the right place to post a "guide", anyway, if you're encountering audio sync problems, using relive record/replay, this should fix your issue:

• Right click on your sound icon and press "Playback Devices"

1.png

• Right click and press "Properties" on your Headset/Headphone device, then in the "Advanced" tab, set this format "2 Channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz". Make sure that "Exclusive Mode" is enabled, then click "Apply". About the sound card, it seems that changing Hz have no more impact on the record, so just put them on max. I use the default MOBO audio, so for me it's "Realtek Digital Output".

2.png3.png

• Now in Sound Card Properties, open the "Supported Formats" tab and check everything.

4.png

Congratulation, now your audio delay should disappear!

Tested with 8 different games: Skyrim, DIRT Rally, BeamNG.drive, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, Borderlands 2 and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Sorry if the pictures aren't in English, but probably it's still understandable.

Thanks to "demon_cheeto" who let me find the solution.

Updated 05 SEPTEMBER 2017

• Re: AMD Relive Audio Sync FIX
          ray_m

Thank you for this useful post.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            zehdonut

Still occurs unfortunately

dam20

Can you tell me your pc components and on which games you're still having the sound delay?

zehdonut

I'm running a R9 Fury X, an i7 2700K, 16GB Ram and record to an SSD.

I tried Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1,3,4, Arma 3, GTA 5, Fallout 4 and Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.

dam20

Did you set 2 Channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz in Headphones too? with Exclusive Mode enabled?

If you're using win10 creators, try to set 2 Channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz every time you start the pc, if this doesn't work I'll try to record Arma 3 and BF4 to see what happens.

I had some audio delay with ME: Andromeda recently, caused by high RAM usage, like 96/98%, but that's because I'm playing a game that required 16gb in Ultra with only 8gb. I don't think this is the case for you, my peasants configuration can't stand at your glorious pc master race one.

I'll let you know about Arma and BF as soon as possible.

nicklander

My Logitech G35 Headset seems to only accept 44,1 kHz, what should I do ?

suit

well i have the same issue - a few weeks ago it worked (sometimes) - so every other game (i play mostly PUBG at the moment) was out of sync - the audio was delayed by about 1 to 2 seconds

17.7.2 made it completele nuts - not it does not work (constantly) and has a delay of about 15 to 20 seconds

i followed every fix i could find (including yours) but can't get it to work - uninstalled drivers (with amd cleaner) and fresh install of 17.8.1 - still does not work

i use a roccat usb soundcard (+ realtek onboard) and windows 10 with creators update

dam20

I don't have PUGB so I can't test it, but I've notice that Win10 with spatial sound is kinda f***in' up my headset and audio card. Every time I start windows I have to set again 48000... or it won't work.

Recently with the new driver I didn't record anything, I'll try but for now the only thing you can do is playing with the sound quality, if the audio is delayed you need to go down in Mhz, if the image is delayed go up.

suit

i noticed that too, my frequecy settings stay the same, but 7.1 audio gets randomly diabled or audio channels got switched - that happend with the logitech g430 randomly, even mid game - but since i switched to the roccat usb sound card it works and does not reset the settings anymore

i've tested this with some other games too, but the delay is still there - so it has nothing to do with the game - weirdly enough, the voice from the microphone is in sync, but every other sound (talking from other people in discord) is off too

i'll play with the frequency settings a bit, maybe that helps

dam20

Oh, my bad, if you have audio delay go UP and with image delay down.

Anyway, try to disable DVR, game mode and game bar, idk if it will work, but maybe is something related to windows...

Let me know the games you've tested so I can try them out.

suit

finally fixed it (sort of) - in the ReLive-tab of Radeon Settings i changed the Audio Bitrate to 96 KBit/s - this solves the issue - but a little delay remains (about 20 to 30 ms, but you'll only notice this when you check the recorded clip in a video editing software and see that there is a few ms of blank audio at the beginning

tested this in PUBG, Soldat (soldat.pl), Game of Thrones (Telltale), Left 4 Dead, Portal and MechWarrior Online - all work problerly now (with this little delay)

gigs

You are actually a legend bro. Big props to fixing that. Will do more tests later. Can you fix the slight delay in something like sony vegas?

suit

i fix the shift (if i really need to) with Avidemux - works just fine and is super quick - but if you don't know there is a delay you won't notice it

dam20

After 2hrs of tests, I find out that now there's a little sound delay, it persit no matter what settings I change, It's very small, only noticeable by slowing down the vid to 10/20%

This seems to occur only with games, dekstop 30fps have no delay.

I don't know if is drivers fault or Windows that f***ed up like always, but I can't find a fix other than edit the audio manually.

I'm going to update the guide, sadly :c

dam20

A little question, are you using 60fps without having 60fps in game?

gigs

Why does that matter? Also, one question if you could answer it, is it possible to record a stretched resolution in a game like CS:GO but have your video be 1080p (essentially, have no black bars).

One more thing is that when I try add a custom resolution and save it, it doesn't change, my monitor is still in 1080p and I can't change it. Do you know a solution? 3 questions lolol

dam20

If you are using a 60hz monitor and V-Sync, you'll get always 59/60 fps, to record in 60fps you need more than 60, try to set 30fps in relive and check the audio sync ;P (record this Audio Video Sync Test - YouTube  and slow it down via editors)

About black bars, 16:9 monitor with 16:9 res = no black bars, 16:9 monitor with 4:3 res = black bars, 4:3 monitor with 4:3 res = no black bars. Anyway I was able to get LEM rank in csgo with 16:9 and max sets, so it doesn't matter what res you are using, just change the crossair and the FOV/Weapon Position

To change res use Windows: right click on the dekstop, screen options, resolution and you'll see every res your GPU can support.

You can use Radeon Settings to try to OC you monitor by adding Hz... PS: TV Monitors aren't good for OC.

suit

nope i record in 30 fps and the games run at different framerates - some at 30 to 60, some even around 200 fps - issue was the same

dam20

Dude, I think I figure it out, I use USB headphones, Razer Kraken 7.1 2013, now I've just tried to record Rising Storm 2 and BF1 with the Beats Studio 2010 and it seems that there's no audio delay. Can you try it to check if works?

gigs

I did all this and It didn't work. Please help

• Re: AMD Relive Audio Sync (HALF) FIX
                                                  backlight50

Thank you so much

• Re: AMD Relive Audio Sync FIX (UPDATED)
                                                    dam20

Updated, let me know if it works.

carebear

I did this and i'm still having a major issue. When I record with ReLive, my audio is very out of sync by about 5-6 seconds. The sound will play and the associated video will play 5-6 seconds later. Nothing i do seems to work.

I am using these btw.
                                                      CPU - Intel i7 870 2.9Ghz 4 core
                                                      GPU - AMD RX550
                                                      RAM - 8GB DDR3

Any help is much appreciated!

nesquick

I have the same problem. Sound for me is delayed for about 500 ms. I try change audio bitrate, reinstall driver (video and audio), change to 44.1 kHz and to 48 kHz again ...

Even if i capture screen from desktop (i mean while not in game or when i record video from youtube with ReLive) i still have sound delay.

What i should do to solve this problem?

My PC Specifications:

Intel i5 7500 3.4 GHz

AMD RX 580 Gaming X 8GB (MSI)

Asus Strix H270F Gaming (with Supreme FX)

8GB DDR4 Kingston

Windows 10 Professional (Last update)

For recording i use settings

recording resolution 1080p

recording bitrate 50mbps

recorindg fps 60

encoding type avc

audio bitrate 192kbps

0v3rkill

all it is it's very simple. if you are planning on recording both game audio and mic you have to set them up with same quality. I advice you to go with 16bit at 48khz. Just do it and don't question why. If it doesn't work for you, you can put it back where it was. Also 16bit 48khz is a setting that mp4 files like it for some of reason. They don't seam to go out of sync. you don't have to enable no exclusive mode at all. In fact disable all the effects if possible. The less the better and faster the audio will perform. It all got fixed for three of my PC's no matter what audio card I'm using. I also record at 60fps, 100mbps and audio is set to 320kbps. Only mp4 files are this problematic. You can record Using fraps with what ever setting you want and nothing ever goes out of sync cause its all AVI. Also fraps has much much higher quality. I wish AMD will release an uncompressed raw way of recording.