13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2018 1:26 AM by elijah_who

1800x, Ryzen master showing 4 cores disabled and I cant enable them, is the software wrong?

tapandkill

Just got an 1800x, tried out that Ryzen master thing to try an overclock, and now the default profile is set to 4 cores disabled at 3.7 ghz, and you cant change the default. Any time I use another profile to enable the cores I get the message "Number Of Cores Disabled Lesser Than Current Cannot Be Applied. This Requires Power Cycle" If I go into the bios and restore to defaults, it still says its got 4 cores disabled and I get the same message when I try to change it. core temp doesnt even recognize the 1800x so I cant figure out if its the ryzen master. I have a 980ti, gigabyte ab350, 16 gigs G.Skill AEGIS Ram.

• Re: 1800x, Ryzen master showing 4 cores disabled and I cant enable them, is the software wrong?
          bluzbrother

I uninstalled the program, reset the bios, used windows restore point... nothing fixes this for me. The Apply button goes away, and I get that same message "Number Of Cores Disabled Lesser Than Current Cannot Be Applied. This Requires Power Cycle".

• Re: 1800x, Ryzen master showing 4 cores disabled and I cant enable them, is the software wrong?
              rebelyell

this is why its never good to use software to run your mother board to run your operating system. its like driving a car from the other side of the windsheild.

we need more info to help you.. there is settings in the bios to enable and disable cores atleast on most boards. so tell us everything you have going on there all specs. mobo  ram everything..overclocked or not , volttages. 

bluzbrother

I have an Asrock Fatal1ty ab350 board. There's an option to disable cores in the BIOS (auto leaves me at 2 cores enabled with 4 threads). 6x6 is the best it will let me do in the BIOS with no option that gets me 8x8 and 16 threads. BIOS reset to default has no effect. For years I've only used BIOS settings, but I never imagined a software program from the manufacturer would screw things up like this, seems like a serious bug/flaw in the applicaction if you ask me. You would also think uninstalling the application would reset the changes...but no, it leaves the settings in place.

The only reason I had even messed with disabling cores was to run Epic Mickey 2...which is a crappy console port that won't run on 6+ core CPU's. My kids don't want to even play it since they removed the 2 player local co-op play from this awful version. It was on sale for $5, I want my money back!

Key Specs:

AMD Ryzen 1700 at stock

16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8gb) DDR4 3200 - currently only running at 2400mhz

ASRock AB350 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 B350 BIOS 2.50

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

kingwingy

ok guys same thing here i tried all mentioned tips and nothing to avail my probolem so i did this as one of you said

Don't know if it will help or not, but I tried everything mentioned above and nothing worked.

I then read on another site that windows itself (windows 10 here) changes a setting...

So off into msconfig I went, to the "boot" tab, then "Advanced options" and UNTICKED the "Number of processors"

Imagine my surprise and delight when suddenly I got all my cores back.

this worked for me but i would for sure if you havent already unistall ryzen master thuis program is junk and as i have been learning if you can oc in your bios you probably shouldnt be overclocking just yet anyways man the little boost isnt worth bricking you nice things guys happy clocking and play safe guys

BIG THANKS TO

digitelle

I am running a Ryzen 7 2700x. I wanted to see what this thing could do and play with some new software, as I usually do with any new hardware. Obviously the conclusion was still using BIOS to manipulate any type of OC settings. I was able to recreate the issue addressed here. I was reduced to 4 of 8 cores with 4 being disabled in the Ryzen Master software.

The solution is much easier than anyone has mentioned here and it took me a while to find as we tend to complicate issues more than they need to be.

There is a button on the "Current Settings" tab in Ryzen Master, it is in the upper right side of the window and it is labelled "Default".

Click the Default button, reboot and you have all your cores enabled again.