18 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 12:35 AM by luckiestluck

HOW TO FIX "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure"

andreluisos

After months having this problem, I've realized it's only happening on Windows 10. I also checked all the related threads here and I found out everyone having this issue is using Windows 10.

Try this:

- Open the Xbox app (from the Windows Store);

- Go to settings > Game DVR (something like that in english) > Disable it;

- Open REGEDIT and navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > GraphicsDrivers"

- If theres already a TdrDelay key, delete it.

- Right click the "GraphicsDrivers" folder > New > QWORD (if you're using 64bit system) or DWORD (if you're using 32bit) > Name it "TdrDelay" (without quotes, case sensitive).

- Modify it's Value to 10 (hexadecimal):

1.png

- Computer needs to be restarted, either now or after you done the next steps;

- Uninstall MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner (or at least close it before running the game);

- Disable IGPU from BIOS;

- Remove IGPU from device manager;

- Uninstall AMD drivers with the Clean Uninstall Utility;

- Disconnect from the internet;

- After the restart, install latest radeon driver;

- Connect back to the internet when the computer restarts.

It worked for me. It also causes the GPU to run more stable:

1.png

IF IT WORK FOR YOU, PLEASE COME BACK HERE AND SAY IT FIXED YOUR ISSUE. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THE DEVS KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG.

It doesn't happen with Nvidia, so it's probably a AMD issue, not Windows 10.