19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 12:07 AM by dayamarsana

Wattman fan curve does not work

chrisredfieldjr

Hello
      Once again, I come to ask your attentions to a very serious problem in wattman. I have a crossfire of RX 480, and since the Crimson Relive edition was released, the fan setup does not work via driver. In my case, the fan of the first gpu works correctly, but the fan of the second gpu does not follow the pre-programmed curve. The temperature reaches 90 ° C but the fan of the second gpu does not increase the speed set via wattman, causing throtle in the second gpu.
      The problem is only solved using msi afterburner. Windows is up to date, I've done a clean installation using the DDU, I've already installed it with the newly installed windows, and there's no use. The last driver I can still use the fan curve for wattman is 16.11.5, from then on all of the following have this same problem. And according to my friends who also use rx 480, they also can not configure a fan via wattman, even in single gpu.
      My setup is windows 10, i7 4790k, 16gb ram, asus z97-e, RX 480 8GB crossfire.
      This problem is getting desperate, but I rely on a solution from you. Thank you.