11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 8:55 AM by kingfish

Install legacy drivers with supported drivers( my case 8650g(legacy)+8750m(supported))

neiser

Please consider to give a like, this is a bothering thing.

Make AMD conscious about this problem. So many people is stuck at old drivers due to have an gpu or cpu unsupported even having the other component supported

Hello everybody!!! After a months of crying i brought you a solution if you have a legacy product and non-legacy product. Like in my case, my apu is moved to legacy and my gpu still supported.

1- Download both drivers ( legacy and supported)

2- With the utility amdclean up delete all the stuff realtionate with AMD

3- Reboot

4- Install the newest drivers but ATTENTION, choose the custom installation, don't mark the option of  Radeon settings( if we want to access to it whe need to install the legacy panel control)

5- Without reboot, unpack your legacy drivers. Don't install it.

6- Right click on windows button, go to devices, then select your legacy product and click in update with local files( select where you unpack the drivers, most of times they are in C/AMD

7- After the installation, not reboot, go to the legacy drivers, run them and when it ask what install, click on Radeon Settings.

8-Now reboot

9-Finally enjoy your gpu with the last drivers!!!!

Also radeon additional settings should crash, don't worry about it

I hope that this post become famous, if Amd could see this and includes the legacy drivers inside the radeon drivers would be awesome.

Sorry for my english, if something is not clear, comment it please

Curiosity: If i run the installation of Radeon drivers and then install Radeon Settings i get the new version, but after a reboot i am not able to open anymore radeon settings