5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 7:49 AM by black_zion

Dual 4k monitor support

pajanick

I am building a new PC.  I wish to drive dual 4K monitors.  Which card or pair of cards will support this.  I don't run PC games.  Thanks!!

• Re: Dual 4k monitor support
          black_zion

I'd suggest the RX 470 or RX 480, as they can drive 4K via DisplayPort and HDMI.

hecrem

Thanks.  We also do not need game performance.

Will a single RX 470 or RX 480 card on Windows-10-Pro support the 7,860 x 2,160 required resolution in a  dual-monitor configuration with two 4K monitors side-by-side (each monitor in portrait orientation).

If two cards are required, may they be 'linked" where will they fully support extended mode, where one application may fully fill the pair of displays.

black_zion

The RX 400 series features DisplayPort 1.4, which is able to drive up to "8K" 7680×4320 at 60hz with 10bpc and HDR.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      hecrem

OK, I see that DisplayPort 1.4 has more capability than what I need. 

I also see that it's possible to operate multiple monitors from a single DisplayPort with a DisplayPort MST Hub.

Nevertheless, I am unable to locate the adaptor's maximum resolution anywhere on the AMD web site.  What is it?  Will a single RX 400 series itself support  7,860 x 2,160?

If multiple RX 400 series adaptors are required, can they be setup to fully support extended mode, where one application may fully fill the pair of displays?