9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 4:22 AM by libove

RX 480 monitor connected with DisplayPort gets reconnected when turned off and on

juraj.m.

I've upgraded my 7870XT to XFX RX 480 4GB and now I have the following problem.

I have 3 monitors and one projector connected with DP, DP, DVI and HDMI (projector).

When I use projector I turn off my 3 monitors (with their power buttons).

Then when I turn them back on, two of them (connected with DP) are being disconnected and connected - screens flickers and all my icons and windows are moved around.

This is extremely annoying as I'm a programmer and I have many opened windows on all 3 screens.

This problem is known on some configurations for 7 years here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8a9b5aa7-fe33-4e6d-b39b-8ac80a21fdc2/disable-monitor-off-detec…

And there is also discussion on SuperUser:

windows 7 - Turning DisplayPort monitor off disables monitor completely - Super User

I didn't have this problem with my 7870XT so there must be a way to avoid this behavior without Microsoft involvement.

I'm using Win 10 x64, problematic monitors are Dell U2713HM, driver 16.12.2.

PS: There seems to be a solution for Nvidia cards by manually supplying EDID info. Maybe something like this could be done here as well?

EDIT: video showing my problem: Dropbox - 2017-04-07 21.50.41.mp4