13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 8:21 AM by redfury

Where's my Coprocessor Driver?

frenchy01

AMD Phenom II X4 940, MSI-7374 MB, 8 G DDR2, Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 video. Recent upgrade to Win 10, now the coprocessor driver cannot be found anywhere and Win doesn't Recognize my processor. HELP! BSOD Message Stop Code "WATCHDOG VIOLATION"

• Re: Where's my Coprocessor Driver?
          redfury

You don't need any drivers for your CPU and motherboard using windows10 (it already have it)

But you may try to install this drivers

What you mean by that "Win doesn't Recognize my processor","now the coprocessor driver cannot be found anywhere"? Any pictures of that?

frenchy01

"It says AMD processor model unknown 3.00 GHz" under windows system - About

Under Coprocessor Properties is says:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

It will not update and says "Windows was unable to install your coprocessor"

redfury

I gave you a link to a driver and i asked you for a picture of your "unknown 3.00 GHz".

redfury

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

First of all you need to update your BIOS 
                          If you tell me full name of your motherboard i will give you a link to latest BIOS.You may use HWinfo to determine that name.

Unpack that driver (i gave you a link) and press "update driver" (see below) -choose manual search and point to folder with unpacked driver.

coprocessor.JPG

frenchy01

Thank you very much! the coprocessor driver installed and seems to be operating very well  !! I really appreciate your help !

Other info;

MB: MSI:  MS-7374 MB

Chipset: NVIDIA - nForce 750a SLISPP Rev. A2

Southbridge:  NVIDIA - nForce 750a SLISPP Rev. A2

LPCIO: Fintek - F71882F

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Ver. V3.2 Date 08/02/2008

redfury

If everything is OK, you may close your request

Earnhardt

If everything is OK, you may close your request

WTH?

frenchy01

I was hoping to get the updated Bios.

The processor is still shown in Windows as unknown

redfury

Yes, you really need to update BIOS.It is important to determine full name of your motherboard. Use HWinfo64 or AIDA 64 and upload info here. Iwill give you a link to last BIOS.

frenchy01

Computer                                                                       

Computer Brand Name:                                                            MSI MS-7374

Motherboard                                                                    

Motherboard Model:                                                              MSI MS-7374

Motherboard Chipset:                                                            nVidia MCP72

Motherboard Slots:                                                              2xPCI, 3xPCI Express x1, 1xPCI Express x16

PCI Express Version Supported:                                                  v2.0

USB Version Supported:                                                          v2.0

BIOS                                                                           

BIOS Manufacturer:                                                              American Megatrends

BIOS Date:                                                                      08/02/08

BIOS Version:                                                                   V3.2

UEFI BIOS:                                                                      Not Capable

Super-IO/LPC Chip:                                                              Fintek F71882 / F71883