4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 12:09 PM by jc8865

RX 460 Fan at 0%

jc8865

Thought I better start a new post and not highjack someone elses.

I have a new video card just picked up today the RX 460 4GB..followed the online directions by uninstalling,using DDU in safe mode and rebooting to do a clean driver install.

I went into the Radeon settings and into Global Settings to check fan speed. The fan is currently at 0rpm and there is no way to adjust it even with manual fan control. It remains at 0rpm. I have not yet even tried to game with this as I am afraid the fan wont kick in and don't want to damage this brand new card. Am I missing something obvious to see the fan speed and/or be able to control it? The 16.9.2 Software is a bit different than what I had on my old R7 260. Although it seems pretty straight forward I didn't see a need to reboot or anything but after manually adjusting the fan speed and hitting "apply"..nothing changed. I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue and what else I can do to troubleshoot it. I would appreciate any help I can get at this point.

JC

• Re: RX 460 Fan at 0%
          mbk1989

RX 480 custom cards has 0DB feature which stops fans at idle until GPU temp reaches certain point (lets say around 55 C).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jc8865

So I went to play a game last night and the it was almost like the driver wasn't even installed...the frames were absolutely horrible..so something isn't right..so I uninstalled the driver again...usede DDU in safe mode and went to re-install it and got errors that drivers that were not WHQL certified wouldn't be installed. First time I have seen that issue. So because it gave me an error it reset back to default. I disabled my Antivirus when installing the new driver to be sure no issues came up with it. So once again I will uninstall and go throught the entire process again. I have never had so many issues with a simple install before. older CCC stuff always installed fine.

JC

mbk1989

WHQL certification issue can be fixed by disabling secure boot option from BIOS. Then you can install beta drivers without any issues. Keep me updated! Good luck.

jc8865

Couldn't find the disable option in the bios but upon booting into safe mode after you hit F8 there is an option to disable the signatures,so I did that and installed the drivers..no errors..and I am going to leave everything as is and just monitor it for temps etc..my old R7 the fan was always running so I guess maybe I am used to it running all the time. Will give this a go for awhile and see what happens.

JC