12 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2018 1:29 AM by bik95122

as AMD driver install on any windows version, "system" process start hopping 10% to 20% constantly, why?

bik95122

laptop model: Dell Inspiron 15 3541

cpu: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (1.6ghz x4) (4gb ddr3)

gpu: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics (512mb ddr3) (primary)

AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series (2024mb ddr3)

OS: Windows 7 64bit, Windows 10 64bit (may be all windows version)

Problem:

back in old days, i mean AMD driver version 14 there was no problem at all, but now in latest driver version 16.x, a process name "system" always even in idle, keep ups and downs cpu usage all time.

This problem occurs just after driver install, but as i uninstall the driver "system" process back to normal, firstly this problem i found in windows 10, on it "system and compress memory" name process lagging same 10 to 20 % ups and downs, which i found on internet that it helps increase performance by compressing RAM memory if its get full instead of storing it in page-memory, but here is the problem, i already mentioned above that ups and downs even on idle state too and on idle state my RAM always up to 30 - 40 %, so there is no question on it compressing RAM.

I used ccc drivers in Windows 7 and there was no such problem that time on same laptop, so to get rid of these 10 to 20 % wasted of cpu for my game FPS and performance, i move back from Windows 10 to Windows 7, as i never used crimson driver on Windows 7, so i install clean windows 7 and boot up there was on 0% - 1% cpu overall usage, as i install the latest driver and reboot cpu ups and downs started, cant imagine why, but in windows 7 too? just after driver installation.

I hope i did explain problem well, and hopefully expect there may be a solution.

thankyou