lumby
      • AMD Graphics Card
        • Rx480
      • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Win 10

Driver version installed

• Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2

When I first installed the graphics card i didn't have all these adapters just the dvi to hdmi adapter ran 1 screen didn't have any issues very often. Sometimes the display driver will recover other times it just stays black screens and I am forced to hard shutdown the machine. I used DDU and cleaned out my previous driver before installing this one. I had no luck in 16.8.3 so i rolled back. Just tried switching the Rx480 into my other PCI-E slot thinking the slot might be going bad after 5 years of being cooked by my previous card. Any ideas welcome

• Re: Rx480 random black screen while gaming
          sparetime

I just bought a Rx 480.  I am running Freesync with a LG 4K monitor.  I am having random black screens flashing while gaming.  I tried all three of the latest drivers.  I tried turning off Freesync and VSync.  No results.  I am ready to take this GPU back.  I work at Best Buy and will probably encourage all my customers to steer clear of the RX series of cards.  This is the latest one from XFX too!  My GTX 660ti from four years ago could handle the gaming load that I am putting this thing through.  Plus the fans scream like a small turbo jet engine.  Please help AMD!!!!

polyamid

Do you expect your blackscreens in games or is it in idle mode, browsing and so on randomly?

redhen256

I've been having a similar problem. For me it has only happened in games. Have you changed anything in Wattman?

redhen256

I undervolted the card and I started to see it happen. I though it might be that so I took it off. Every time I have tried to undervolt it has done this. Last night I turned all my settings back to default and haven't had a problem yet. At default settings the card will throttle the GPU in order to avoid overheating but also avoid the fans spinning too high. every time I have experienced a black screen, it has been just prior to a small sound change in the fan. It almost sounds like the card is trying to change something but fails and that causes the card to crash. I don't know for certain but its what i'm guessing. With default setting though I have not had the issue. I will keep up the updates. 

lumby

I restored my wattman back to defaults from when i messed with it a bit, not to mention wattman crashes half the time i access it. I normally can't hear my fan with my headset on if it makes a sound when the driver crashes.That is really annoying if that is what is crashing the driver when the fan switches speeds not much i can really do about it. Since i don't want to set a base line fan speed it may not be enough =P. I have alot less crashes in performance mode and if i turn settings down low. I honestly think your right with the fan speed changing it would be the only thing that would be random enough. It's pretty odd tho.

redhen256

Okay so tonight I loaded the computer and it blacked out before I could log in. I restarted and logged in. Everything was at default. I played for a little bit and it blacked out again. I reloaded the computer and tried increasing the stock fan speed to 3k rpm. The temps did not go over 82C. The fan was at 2200rpm when it blacked out this last time.... Starting to think the card is defective. During this entire process of tinkering I have not once overclocked it.

lumby

i might be in the same boat they might have a return incoming.

polyamid

Which game produced the crash? Changed voltage or default? Does driver say that it had crashed after restart? Which crimson version.

redhen256

WOW is what I was playing when it crashed. I'm at stock voltage. I was originally using Crimson 16.8.2 Hotfix. I tried using the DDU uninstaller and got rid of everything. and rolled back to 16.7.3 which is what I'm using now. None of this helped. When I was tweaking with Wattman, When the Screen went black and I restarted, Wattman would tell me it went beck to default settings due to an unexpected error or crash. I can't remember the exact wording... anyways, nothing has worked but I did make an observation. I had my power settings to balanced and that makes the screen go black after 20 minutes. Everytime I have come back to my computer after a certain amount of time had gone, the screens would be black and there was no way I could come out of this. I had to restart. I wonder if this issue has something to do with the display turn off that normally is triggered by windows???

sparetime

I had the same thing happen, when the screen goes black when I'm away and it is froze up.  I even bought a 850 watt PSU to see if power was the issue.  Same thing.  I don't have time to continue troubleshooting this Rx 480.  I'm replacing it with a 10 series Nvidia.  Sucks that now I have to return my 4K LG monitor because what's the point of having free sync with a company that produces garbage like this.

derrickgott007

I bet it has something to do with all the adapters.  You probably need ACTIVE adapters as PASSIVE adapters have been causing some issues.

redhen256

So I last night I tried rolling back even further to Crimson 16.7.1 and (Knock on wood) I did not experience any more black screens last night. I found another forum post saying to roll back to 16.7.1 and run Clockblocker. I did not install Clockblocker but did install 16.7.1 after running DDU and uninstalling 16.7.3. I will reply to this post if I have any further issues.

redhen256

So an update form last night. I played several hours. Did not have any black screens. One time I got a BSOD saying that there was a hardware failure. I am not sure where that came from. I restarted and had no issues. Wattman did detect the hardware failure and reset my default settings. Still... There were no black screens... So I don't know if the BSOD was a fluke or if the card is really bad. I guess I'll play Legion tonight and see what happens.

lumby

Yes i prefer no black screens as well gonna try to get a that driver again. Gotta redownload it tho since DDU wipes all my rollback drivers i think. Using a direct HDMI port didn't help at all either. So i don't think it has nothing to do with my adapters. I think it's strictly Driver related. I Anti Aliasing makes it crash much faster as well. When i turn that up it always crashes.

redhen256

So I played Legion from 6pm to about 12pm last night. There were no black screens. It froze for a half a second and then the Radeon.exe crashed but no black  Event Log says that the Display crashed, which I assume was the program, not the hardware. but successfully recovered. No BSOD and no black screen.

raysheri

Hi, I have a new xfx rx480 gtr black 8gb + benq zowie xl2730 freesync 144hz/1440p monitor, running on display port.

I was getting black screens mostly when using a browser(firefox), so the card would have been basically running in idle.

I used drivers 16.8.2, and 16.7.3 when this happened. Once I installed 16.7.2 drivers then the problem disappeared.

So I can only conclude that the problem lies in the last two driver releases.

lumby

Testing 6.8.3 for the heck of it, as the old drivers still Bods once in a while, and the crash recovery still lock down all the programs i was using. No luck on legion in non-compatibility mode so far, trying that option on this time. Im not done troubleshooting until it's fixed here. =P Edit... Compatibility mode didn't matter really just rolling back to 6.7.1. The only road I haven't really gone down software wise i think is windows updates x.x. I rather not download all these on my mobile data tho, could get expensive very quickly I would think the only things i might need is netframework update?? Otherwise It might be power issue im gonna try swapping the 6 pin cable with another one, the cable is wonky? This PSU is 5+ years old haha.

redhen256

So the other day I updated to 6.8.3 after DDU uninstaller and tested it. The patch notes said that they had taken care of the black screen issue. In 30 minutes it was back to black screen freeze and I had to restart. I removed 6.8.3 and went back to 6.7.1 and tried it. Now I will say 6.7.1 is not perfect and at some point during gaming the screen freezes and goes back. The main difference as to why 6.7.1 works for me is that after the screen goes black, it comes back up and windows tells me that Radeon.exe has failed. Windows then restarts Radeon.exe and I go back to doing whatever I was doing. Every other patch I have used after 6.7.1 has resulted in a black screen that windows cannot recover from. 

lumby

I honestly think it's a hardware issue for me, I've tried all the drivers they all have the same issue for me. Even if one recovers it's still an annoyance. I swapped my powersupply with my other computer but it's the exact same make and model. The power supply swap just ruled out that it wasn't just my psu getting old.  After it black screened on 6.8.3, so I decided im gonna mess with the wattman see if i can undervolt it because neither compatibility mode or power efficient settings are cutting it enough. Looked up a basic undervolt guide for the rx480 it said it was stable at 1050 at the last 2 states (1080mv and 1118mv) so I put manual in the voltage and pluged 1050 into the last 2 power states on the wattman, restarted my computer and played legion at max settings for the rest of the night. Still only getting 34 fps in dalaran, but i guess legion is pretty demanding. Pretty sure undervolting doesn't hurt my performance at all; perhaps the card was drawing more then my psu could handle when it hit that crazy state 1118mv. If I black screen again i will post another reply.

polyamid

If power is your problem, undervolting will not help you. The RX480 is a card, that is extremly limitated by its power limit. Most of the time it will not reach the maximum clock because total power draw is limited. If you undervolt the card, it will reach higher clocks but will take nearly the same power at higher clocks. So that does not do what you want.

If you want to make it draw less power, you can reduce its power limit im wattman or you can reduce the clocks.

The undervolting will help you to get a little more of performance out of this lower power limit. Also it could harm the stability. The chips are not all the same build quality. So your chip could be instable at 1,050 V while others are stable there.

lumby

It may not even be a PSU issue, the card used to run fine with this power set up, but alot of the options seem to mess with power to the card, power efficiency, compatibility mode eg. I was mostly shooting in the dark trying to get it to not crash anymore. Undervolting it to 1050 might be working, there might even be a sweeter spot but i really don't know what im doing with it, and was just trying an old solution before they had the 6.8.1 driver with compatibility mode for the people paranoid that the card was gonna overdraw through the pci-E slot.
                                                          Im not really sure what made it start crashing to begin with, but if it's not crashing with the undervolt on I don't really want to break it again. Not sure where to go from here.

joshballz

I don't mean to necro a thread, but I just received notification that the card with this issue I RMA'd was tested okay by the manufacturer so I was wondering if you could post your Wattman settings that you used to undervoltm and if the problem is still resolved for you lumby.  mob30's fix below did seem to work for me, but undervolting seems like the ideal solution if it really does fix it.

raysheri

I've found that the 16.8.3 driver has eliminated all black screen problem for me. I did however update my Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable (x86) before I installed it. I don't know if that made a difference.

I also run my card with +10% power and at stock clocks, which is oc out of the box @ 1338mhz. During gameplay it sits solid on that speed.

The max power usage (according to GPUZ) is around 115w.

redhen256

No it doesn't. Personally for me, I tried undervolting and it did nothing. Just an FYI. 34 fps in dal is normal. Same for Stormwind. If you turn anti alaising off or switch it to msaa 8x then it gets much better fps wise.

mikekoz

I just got a XFS Radeon RX480 and am having the same problem. I have tried three different driver versions with no change. I am also getting the Wattman error every time Windows loads, but cannot find any utility on my computer called Wattman. Is it just integrated into the driver? It does not seem to matter what game I play, but Doom (2016) does not even load, and that is the main reason I got the card. Well, that, and my GTX580 was damaged by a power surge! I always buy Nvidia cards, but this card got good reviews and I decided to try a change of pace. Never had a problem with Nvidia cards. I am going to try to resolve this over the next few days, but I am not going to waste too much time on it. here is my system specs:

Intel Xeon 2.84 GHZ , dual processors

24 GB Ram

800w PSU

4 hard drives, 500G, 1TB, 340GB, and 340GB

If anybody has a solution, I am all ears! ;p)

warpfact0r10

Rest assured, plenty of Nvidia owners are having this issue too: Help: Random black screen with PC running (Windows 10 + GTX760) - windows 10 - Windows 10

mikekoz, can you start a new thread and include your full specs, including what Antivirus you are using and if your Win 10 was an upgrade installation?
                                                                INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Thanks!

mikekoz

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the link, but that is not the problem I am having. I am also not sure why you would want me to start a new thread since the problem I am having is exactly what is in this one, but I will if need be. Sorry for leaving out this info, but I am running Windows 7, not 10. I just setup this computer with a fresh install about a week ago. I am using Bit Defender as an antivirus, but have had it disabled. My problem ONLY occurs when I am running a game.  It seems to be happening at times when the card is working its hardest. It is not my power supply as it is way over specs for the card.  Here are my full system specs:

• AMD Graphics Card
                                                                      • XFX Radeon RX480
                                                                    • Desktop or Laptop System
                                                                      • Desktop; HP xw8600 Workstation
                                                                    • Operating System
                                                                      • Windows 7 64bit
                                                                    • Driver version installed
                                                                      • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1
                                                                    • Display Devices
                                                                      • Gateway 24" monitor using HDMI connection
                                                                    • Motherboard
                                                                      • Unknown
                                                                    • CPU/APU
                                                                      • 2X Intel Xeon E5440 running at 2.83 GHZ
                                                                    • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                                                                      • Delta LPS800 LBA 800 watts
                                                                    • RAM
                                                                      • 24GB

Once again, thanks for your reply!

warpfact0r10

Managing the cases is easier with separate threads I feel, since you don't have the pile-on of "me too!!" Linking to threads that you think are similar is cool, but sometimes people think their issue is exactly the same thing as another when it in fact isn't.

In your case, you have totally different hardware and OS than the OP.

• Did you remove all traces of Nvidia drivers in Safe Mode using DDU?
                                                                        • Do you know what BIOS you have installed?
                                                                          How old is your Win7 installation, and is Service Pack 1 installed?
                                                                        • Have you run "sfc /scannow" in an administrative-level command prompt to check for system file corruption?
                                                                        • Have you tried temporarily uninstalling Bit Defender?
                                                                        • Do you have another hard drive you can install Windows on to see if it still behaves that way with a freshly-installed OS (apply all updates first of course, Including Service Pack 1)?
                                                                        • Do you have a different monitor and display cable you might try?
                                                                        • You said your previous card was damaged in a power surge. About the only way I can figure this would happen is power travelling through the power supply or through the PCIe slot. Are you certain neither were also damaged by the surge?
                                                                        • Have you tried the card in a completely different system?
                                                                        • Also, you say that the problem only seems to occur when running a game and the card is working it's hardest, but then you also said Doom won't even launch. Perhaps you have multiple issue going on. Given you have dual processors, that XFX card is not a blower style fan IIRC (so the heat is added to your case), and that HP chassis may not have great cooling, part of your problem may be related to heat (potentially both CPU and GPU). Have you checked your temps and what do they look like while gaming?

A lengthy list of questions, I know, but hopefully they'll yield something.

mikekoz

I removed the AV app with no change. My previous card was damaged, along with a few other things in our house by a power surge during a storm. The desktop PC I am using is different desktop then the one that was hit.  I got Doom running but it is doing the same thing. I also see a few other people having the same problem, and I cannot figure out what it is. Thanks for all of your help!

mikekoz

Update: It is possible that a solution to my problem could have been just a little bit of documentation. I installed the original drivers that came with my card and turned on a setting called Power Efficiency. My computer is a HP xw8600 Workstation and is an older PC. Apparently the power draw on the PCI-E slot is problematic with some older motherboards. I am not sure who made the board in this desktop. I was able to play Wolfenstein The New Order with no problems. Doom 2016 opened and ran really well for about 10 minutes, then the screen went black again. I just updated to the latest drivers and have also turned on Compatibility Mode. I will see what happens!

mikekoz

Update 2: New driver made no difference. It still black screened in Doom. Unless somebody can find me a solution to this, I am going to bring the card back and try one of the new Nvidia models. When this card works, it seems to work very well. I also need to do some more research on my system. Maybe older desktops just do not work well with these newer cards. If that is the case, I may have to look for a used one on Ebay.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                        aviza

Sapphire Nitro+OC RX480, AMD 9590.

Playing some games (Overwatch, WoW, Ark, etc)  at 1440p 60hz monitor with a video playing on a second monitor through firefox.  This happens randomly, the video will cut out on both monitors and crash firefox and my game.

No OC, default everything. HWMonitor shows 72c on GPU and 52 on CPU at the time of the crash.  I don't get a recovered message.

Would love to find out what causes this and fix it asap.

kahana

Has anyone found a fix to this yet? I see it hasn't been posted on in a while and was hoping to find some answers... having the problem myself and no amount of driver restoration/full reset on PC can stop this.

joshballz

I'm seeing similar issues as well with my XFX RX 480 RS.  Typically in the Valley benchmark and Total War: Atilla in extreme settings, though other games will do it as well.  For me I usually get a black screen, sometimes it will recover, sometimes the drivers will crash, and sometimes it will blue screen and I'll see video_tdr_failure.  I've tried multiple versions of the drivers and reinstalling windows, but all fixes seem to be temporary at best.

slastytime

GUYS! I have been tested mob30 method alrdy around a day and for me its works for now! Спасибо тебе братан,дальше дам инфу по поводу причин,переводить не буду почитай если интересно =)

NEXT TEXT NEEDS AMD TEAM ATTENTION

So i have information about this trouble and troubles like this. Firstly and mostly - dont use Afterburner together with Radeon Settings (especially Wattman) if you have card overclocked by developers (yes i mean almost any R\RX card for real). Im using new RX 460 4Gb from PowerColor.

I was used 3 versions of drivers - from developers site (PowerColor for me),last driver from AMD Page,and previous one. With all that drivers Wattman cant control my power limit and have its own dynamic frequency change. Heres i found a big trouble when i check my card info at Developers site - my card have 1212mhz max freq. but Wattman's highest rate set to...1214mhz,so you can stop me here and say "wtf are you talking about - its almost the same value,how can it be figured here???",but its not at all. I set all four last freq rates in Wattman to 1214mhz and try it - my card trottled down few times i test it in Shadow Warrior 2,Its right same symptoms here - black screen freezes at game window,game working - i can hear the sounds and go to menu,but display stays with black screen. So after this troubleshooting i can correctly say what the problem right in this state,which using higher mhz freq than your card can do without additional power limit.

After setting 4 last states to 1212 mhz - all is fine now.

I also checked gpu temp around this dead black screens and it was absolutely fine. Also my card havent any additional power slots. So its just power consumption problems,or miscoordinated mhz control between Radeon Control Center and videocard BIOS.

UPDATE. Wattman resets last states to 1214mhz after pc reboot,im gonna test will it lead me to blackscreens or not.

UPDATE 2. Its not gives me to change this states now, looks like its forver 1214,but games works,until playing its anyway running on 1212 now,but im assuming huge fps drops((

UPDATE 3. So for now im havent any black screens or bsod alrdy 2 days,with last 4 states set to 1214mhz(for me). Black screens appear right cos of this state-changing by card. Games isnt working as smooth as i wish,but its kinda cheap card so i cant ask more from it. Hoping what its will be fixed soon. Im also still cant change freq completely free - Wattman changing its from 1212 to 1214 and from 1210 to 1209 - at anyway after my changes. Hopefully its will work much better in the future updates...

xkira

tried everything, but i still get these grey/black screen
                                                                                rx 480 NITRO+

hickeroar

I am having a really bad time with this issue an my XFX RX480 8GB. On drivers 16.12.2 it happens a couple times per hour. On the non-WHQL 17.1.2 drivers, it happens 1-10 times PER MINUTE.

I've tried:

• Every solution in this thread as well as every other thread I've been able to dredge up.
                                                                                  • Two separate RX480 cards (I returned the first one because I assumed it was a card issue).
                                                                                  • Running two identical cards in CrossfireX (aside from crossfire being a pile of crap, it STILL did the exact same thing with the blanking screen).
                                                                                  • Two separate motherboard/CPU combos running separate windows installs.
                                                                                  • High Speed HDMI
                                                                                  • DisplayPort.
                                                                                  • Overclocking.
                                                                                  • Underclocking.
                                                                                  • Overvolting (a little).
                                                                                  • 2160p
                                                                                  • 1440p
                                                                                  • 1080p
                                                                                  • Trying various games. It does it in everything I've tried which includes the latest 3DMark, Guild Wars 2, DOOM, The Witcher 3, ESO, CS:GO, L4D2, etc...

Nothing helps except a slightly less terrible problem when on the current WHQL drivers vs the "beta" ones. Considering that difference in its occurrence between the 16.12.2 and 17.1.2 drivers, I can only assume that this is due to garbage drivers from AMD. I've read that the problem seems to have started after the 16.7.1 release (might have been 16.7.2, can't remember), and people have been having this problem ever since.

I'm really about ready to throw in the towel on AMD forever, cut my losses (I can no longer return this card since I've lost the receipt and box), and buy an NVIDIA 1070 or something. I'm so sick of dealing with this issue. I just want to be able to play a game and not have my screen blanking out in the middle of combat for several seconds.

My current hardware:

i5-7600

8GB 3200 ram

2x480GB SSDs

850W Corsair PSU

Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard.

Other hardware I've tested:

AMD FX8350

8GB 1366  ram

ASRock Fatlity 990FX Killer

120GB SSD

850W Corsair PSU

AMD...please help, for the love of all that is holy.

libertagr

Hi everyone,

Do we have any news on the topic? It;'s been a month almost since i bought a Sapphire RX460 OC Nitro 4 GB and i am experiencing black screens and buzzing sounds, randomly while gaming mostly. I am really new in building custom rigs btw. Having followed almost all of the topics on the issue, and by comparing the issues of other users, i also believe that crashes do occur while gpu changes higher freq. states. I can confirm this throughout my experience while gaming. For example, almost all of my crashes happened between switches of intense use. I was ready to change my PSU, having a weak one (450 watt peak vs 450 watt recommended by sapphire) but i see others having the same problems with 600 watt PSUs. I just clocked to @mob30 recommendation and i will post later on my results. I feel it's a power issue, like the card draws more power than the mobo or psu can handle. I know my mobo and psu suck. Could that be the problem?

Mobo: AsRock H61M-VG4

CPU: i-5 3340-Ivy Bridge (3.3 ghz at turbo mode)

PSU: FSP400-60THN-P

Things i have done:

Clean uninstall- Installing the 2 latest crimson drivers

Undervolting in Wattman (1050 mV and 1070 mV for the last 3 states and many other combinations)-System became unstable with more frequent crashes

Overvolting to 1150 mV for the last 3 states- Able to play for several hours, then crashed after gaming while browsing !

Downclocked to -10 or even more and set power limit also to negative values - Crashes were absent or quite rare

Do i have to downclock then? Really sad to pay a factury OCed card that has to be downclocked to perform well ( assuming the rest of the hardware is solid of course)

UPDATE_2: (hopefully last) I think i found a rock solid solution, at least it works for me. Anyone experiencing hard crashing maybe should look at their gpu memory clock. My symptoms (pc freezing, black or blue screen with buzzing sounds) look very similar to memory issues. (like a faulty RAM). Since i have a factory OC version, i noticed that the card will not tolerate even a slight change in memory clock. Factory OC comes with 1750 mhz of memory clock. Even a 1800 mhz OC will freeze my pc in certain games, while other games could sustain more OC. Anyway, i think it's all about the gpu VRAM, at least for me. I currently OCed my Sapphire Nitro 4gb, with core clock at 1330 mhz (+110mhz!) and left memory clock alone, or just push it my 20-25 mhz at max and it looks rock solid. I also think there is an explanation why almost all users pass successfully GPU stress tests and experience crashes while gaming. Stress tests will force your memory and core clock to the max and hold it there which is not supposed to be happening while gaming. After all, for some it could be core clock P-states, and for others the memory clock. But pc freezes look like are more correlated with memory.

amdgpu_rookie

Hi to all,

yes, i also suffered from this show stopper issue.

In the end the hardware RX480 is a great card, but this Wattman is really a shame for AMD.

Thanks to your hints I found the following solution for me:

I used the "AMD Clean Uninstall Utility" to remove everything.

Then I installed the newest driver, but just the bare minimum. So, when asked: Only the Radeon Driver.

I have now the 21.19.407.0 (Date: 23.12.2016) installed.

This seems to avoid the Wattman.

Then I installed "MSI Afterburner" and with this tool I can run for example BF4 in 4k with high details even with 1356MHz (Power Limit +20%) and no "black screens" anymore. I get >40FPS in this setting.

Great hardware! Crappy Wattman!

I hope this helps also others with this terrible problem. Shame on the software team of AMD.

Michael

warpfact0r10

Odd. I've never had a problem with Wattman.

amdgpu_rookie

Hi,

I thought I solved it, but this was not the case. In different games and different power limits the black screen always came back and was more than annoying... Like in the Hitchhikers Guide, when the action starts the sunglasses go black :-)

Technology in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Wikipedia

Finally, I found the main knob to turn, which prevents the black screens, once and for all.

I told my 4k AOC U2879VF monitor *not* to use DisplayPort 1.2, but 1.1. The same for HDMI, instead of 2.0 I turned it to 1.4. With this setting I can not run at 60Hz at 4k with DP, but I can game without *any* black screens in *all* games at  2560x1444 at 60Hz at any still working clocking/power settings. I also lose "FreeSync" which only works with DP 1.2 and my monitor doesn't do FreeSync with HDMI at all. That is a pity as I bought the monitor for FreeSync, but now I'm stuck with the RX480 and the AOC U2879VF.

This is all so annoying! At least I can game now without glitches, but still I can not use all the features I bought the combination of GFX-card and monitor for.

I hope this also helps others how suffer from this mess and I also hope that AMD solves this in the future in their driver but my hope is not so high, as the problem persists for such a long time now.

mrlove

Hi guys

I have Asus rog strix oc 8GB Rx480 Frist time i have promblam black screen only when i exit from CS:GO game when i change the settinge and change the full screen to window full screen and black screen never happen again last night i exit from quntum break game and this happen 1 for me.i buy this card for 10 day. i dont know what i must do.the benchmark of this card is not match with the benchmark on my sys

My sys: CPU: corei5 4460 u 3.2 Ram:8GB 1600 DDR3 PSU=green 700w VGA=Asus roge strix oc 8Gb HDD=WD 1TB blue+samsung 500GB mainbord=asus z97

if any one can help me for this pls help me for this black screen

ty

libertagr

To anyone still having problems, i ignored Wattman and used Sapphire Trixx. I undervolted by 10mV and overclocked the core at 1330 mHz and memory at 1920mhz without ANY crash for the last 2 weeks. Silicon lottery? Who knows, i am quite satisfied with these settings. (Sapphire Rx 460 Nitro 4 gb)