ASUS Z170i Pro-gaming mITX

i7-6700

32GB G.Skill 2400mhz DDR4

256GB SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

EVGA650 PSU

2 I-Inc (Hanns.G) 27" monitors running at 1920X1200

Windows 10

I have monitor 1 (left) connected to the DisplayPort and monitor 2 (right) connected to the HDMI connector.

When I boot, monitor 1 shows no signal while monitor 2 displays normally.

At the desktop, monitor 2 is still correctly the extended display, however monitor 1 is still no signal. I can move my mouse to the left screen (monitor 1).

If I unplug the DisplayPort and plug it back in, that usually fixes the problem, but sometimes it freezes and i have to reset; upon reboot it works fine.

This only happens at boot. After it's fixed, both monitors are fine for my whole session.

Any ideas what's going on?

• Re: RX480 Dual Monitor setup but one monitor no signal on boot
          amdpete

I would try another DP cable and or a different port on the GPU.

prismaservice

I have the same issue

I have 2D FHD LG TV connected to HDMI as Monitor 2 (set on primary monitor) and LG E2350 connected to DP with DP to HDMI cable 2m as Monitor 1 (set on secondary monitor for extended desktop).

When i boot the computer until windows log in screen both monitors are open and shows the same thing. When windows log in screen only monitor 2 is open and when i log in on windows i press the source button on monitor 1 and then windows finds monitor 1 again and plays as normal.

My system :

Amd 8350

Gigabyte 990fxa ud5

16 gb ram

Amd RX480 from Asus

Windows 10 x64 1607 built with latest updated and latest drivers.

cogsman

I wonder if using a second DP to HDMI cable instead would work? I doubt it though, because it's the same monitor whether I plug it into my existing DP to HDMI adapter or directly into the HDMI port.

xintis

I have exactly the same problem with my brand new RX480.

Both monitors display fine the boot process and I can see the BIOS info on both monitors.

As soon as it gets to the Windows 10 login screen, the second monitor stop displaying and reports a signal loss.

I have to unplug the HDMI cable from the monitor, wait 3 seconds, and then plug the cable in. Then it works fine for the duration of my computer use.

To me this sounds like a driver issue, not hardware related.

When I removed the driver and ran with just the Windows standard driver, I did not have an issue. Granted that I couldnt continue running without the AMD drivers as the Windows drivers only mirror the screens and not extend.

This is very annoying, as it seems that AMD quality of coding the drivers is left wanting.

I've updated yesterday to 16.8.3 drivers and the problem persists.

As a side note, the Radeon control panel is absolute rubbish compared to the Nvidia software.

tom_tom

I have the same issue,

RX480 Saphire, running dual monitors, both on HDMI, the "login" monitor always shows no signal, on  the other I get signal and the cursor moves around. If I unplug and plugin either HDMI they both come back to life and are fine until  next shutdown and boot

Swapped cables, ports and monitors around, feels like drivers

Any suggestions welcome

thanks

prismaservice

hello guys

as u saw above i had the same issue.

i updated my drivers to version 16.9.1 and for two days now every time i restart or power up my computer both of the monitors open normaly.

Try to update to 16.9.1 and lets hope your problem will be solved !

isu

Hi everyone,

same issue with a different config, so I'm not sure whether this is the right topic for me

(from the issue side yes, from the card side no) please redirect me if not

VGA Card: desktop HD 4850 (good enough, since I gave up FPS gaming after 20 yrs or so...), two DVI monitors

driver: 8.970.100.9001, win 10 Pro 64bit, extended desktop

it worked fine for a long while, but since the latest  windows automatic update I experience similar symptoms:

BIOS boot : fine

Win boot: under the spinning circle phase before the login screen the primary monitor goes to sleep, the secondary is dark, but working

if I (with no signal on the primary screen) do a "blind" login, the secondary  monitor comes alive with the background, but still nothing on the primary

if I unplug the primary monitor cable and re-plug everything goes back to normal

changing ports, cables did not solve the issue

I was advised to change to driver 15.301.1901.0, but it doesn't work for me, if I install or choose that, I end up with the MS basic display driver, so I have to opt back to 8.970.100.9001

Please advise!

Thanx

chut7

Only because there are no helpful replies, here's a workaround.

I have the same issue on a Windows 10 machine and a Radeon HD 4600 .  My primary display is the DVI output, and secondary is VGA display.  VGA never has a signal upon bootup.

Rather than physically unplugging the cable, I found the quickest workaround to click on the Notification button on bottom right, then Project, then "PC Screen Only", then "Extend".  That seems to reset the display settings to Windows, and doesn't require physically manipulation of the cable.

I remember, years ago, coming across a command line utility that resets the display settings.  I can't seem to find it now, but I did find a Microsoft utility that seems to do the same thing.

How to reset video/display drivers in Vista without restarting OS? - Super User

That would be a handy solution that you can script at the command line, though it'll require admin privileges.