4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 11:05 AM by caiodpk

Eyefinity problem with Windows 10, or not?

caiodpk
      I have a problem about one month.
      I have 3 monitors samsung S23S550H on an Eyefinity configuration.
      I had a 390 Nitro and was where the problem started, whenever I start a game , it works for a few minutes ( sometimes even hours, depending ),
      screens lose the signal, turn on and the resolution of the game decreases (sometimes greatly decreases to 800 X 600 ) (When they lose the signal, it is emitted the sound of something disconnecting and reconnecting ).
      Recently I acquired a XFX RX 480, and the problem remains.
      Formated PC with windows 10 (four times), I deactivated the automatic update,have installed only windows, crimson driver and the GTAV for test, the problem appeared again.
      I have a Fx 8320E, an MSI 970 Gaming, a SEASONIC 750w PSU, 8GB RAM and 2 HD WD.
      I have 3 active display port adapters, use 2 and a hdmi cable for the third monitor.
      Use the Windows 10 almost since its launch , and just started to present this unpleasant problem.

Can someone help me?
        • Re: Eyefinity problem with Windows 10, or not?
          amdmatt

I'm not able to find any information about the monitor you mentioned, is the name correct?

Have you tried using 3x DP adapters instead of 2x and a HDMI cable for the third display? Worth a try to see if it stops the signal loss.

The issue you have described could be a driver crash. Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.7.2 drivers once the above is completed and check to see if the issue is resolved.

caiodpk

Hello MATT.
              My windows installation is recent, as I said, just installed WIN10 with updates , last Crimson Drive to RX480 , all packages that you indicated and GTAV for testing.
              So far the problem does not appear, but is random, sometimes appears with 10 minutes and sometimes can play for hours.
              It is still necessary to Eyefinity the RX 480, adapter displayport ACTIVE? Because the problem only happens when I use my two active adapters together in 3D applications.
              I have a XFX (which came with the RX480 plate ),
              I have a Powercolor and Sapphire 2012 adapter, all active.
              When I use the sapphire in conjunction with another, the problem happens quickly, I can not even load a 3D scenario. When I use the two together, the problem takes to happen, but it happens.

Currently my connection so this :

MONITOR RIGHT = HDMI to HDMI

MONITOR CENTER = HDMI to DVI-D(Single Link) + ADAPTER POWERCOLOR

MONITOR LEFT = HDMI to DVI-D(Single Link) + ADAPTER POWERCOLOR

These connections have always worked since I had my crossfire of 270x , same cables , and I used the sapphire adapter.
              It all started when I bought a 390 NITRO and the problem appeared , so I switched the RX480 and the problem permance .

amdmatt

The RX 480 can support up to x2 passive display connections, HDMI/DVI. The third display and beyond must use a native DP-DP connection, or a DP - Active Adapter - HDMI/DVI connection. In theory the setup you have described should work, but i would guess that perhaps the adapters are causing the issue.

caiodpk

Hello Matt . This morning bought two passive adapter displayport to hdmi , and to my surprise , the Eyefinity enabled ( in the beginning he was not able to arrange the screens, but after activating he understood where each screen was connected ) , open a game to test, and so far the problem has not occurred. I had little time to test , about 30/40 minutes , but the problem did not show up and the game has maintained a stable FPS rate for my resolution with 3 screens. The connection was in this way : 

HDMI TO HDMI

HDMI TO PASSIVE ADAPTER HDMI TO DISPLAYPORT

HDMI TO PASSIVE ADAPTER HDMI TO DISPLAYPORT

Later I will test an active DVI with an HDMI passive adapter . Thanks for the help and any new keep updated topic.