17 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2018 1:45 AM by captainred

Can't Access Radeon Settings, GPU doesn't seem to be working

peters

Hello!

I own an Acer laptop with an AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphics card.

Everything seemed to work well until recently (I think problems arose when I updated the graphics card driver, but I honestly can't remember), but now it looks like my graphics card is not functioning at all.

• On the Windows 10 Action Centre it says "Driver Display Updated: please restart your system to restore full functionality". It continues to display that even after restarting the computer, reinstalling the driver and even just deleting the driver.
      • When trying to open Radeon Settings, I get the following error: "Radeon Settings are currently not available. Please try again after connecting AMD Graphics".
      • It's pretty clear that the graphics card is not functioning: I can't even run Half Life 2 (very, very choppy, low frame rate at regular settings).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver a number of times, including trying to install the previous version (Crimson Edition 16.3.2), installing just the driver for 16.5.2, installing using the autodetector tool, and uninstalling everything using DDU in safe mode. Nothing helped, and the situation is not resolved.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want a nostalgic play-through of Half Life!