I want to get into overclocking but I certainly don't want to be an idiot about it. I have a FX-8300 3.3ghz CPU that I want to overclock. I have found very little information about overclocking this specific CPU. I've mostly only seen overclocking tutorials for the 8350 and 8320 and don't want to risk ruining my processor by using settings for a different CPU.
Does anyone have and recommended advice about overclocking the FX-8300 in AMD Overdrive? What settings are considered stable at a maximum possible overclock? What settings do you get good results with? Also, how about voltages?
Here are my specs:
- Windows 10 - 64 Bit
- 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD
- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard
- AMD FX-8300 3.3 ghz CPU
- Hyper T4 CPU cooler
- 8 GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
- EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SC 6GB ACX2.0
- EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 80+ BRONZE, 850W Semi Modular PSU