1 2 3 First Previous 573 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2018 7:26 PM by noabody

R9 380X black screen

solosky

hello, help me in the game "the division" and "the culling" my monitor goes black while Skype and everything else continues to work and hear the sounds of the game. the only thing that helps it Restart computer. drivers 16.3.

• 1. Re: R9 380X black screen
          kuwabara

Issue sounds familiar. Maybe another game with r9 380/x issues.

Check:

Driver Crash - Far Cry Primal

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1593838-crashing-when-it-rains/

R9-285 randomly crashing (black screen driver crash) in Fallout 4 : Amd

Far Cry Primal Hard Freeze randomly causing me to hard reset PC | Forums

Other games have issues too with this video cards . game freezes, you can hear sound in background but the monitor gets no signal and only a hard reset helps.

There are some sugestions in the forums you can try out, but i tried them all out without any succes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: R9 380X black screen
            amdmatt

Thank you for the reports, we are collecting information about crashing and black screen issues on R9 380 series GPUs.

ray_m

Please provide more information about your system.

• 3. Re: R9 380X black screen
              solosky

my sustem:

AMD Graphics Card - r9 380x

Driver version installed - i have 16.3.(and crash), now i have 15.11.1 (and i have crash in "Paragon")

Operating System - Windows 10 64bit

Display Devices - BenQ GL2460HM 1920х1080 @60Hz conect by hdmi

Motherboard - MSI 970 GAMING

CPU - AMD FX 8300

Power Supply - GameMAx 600W bronze

RAM - 8gb

• 4. Re: R9 380X black screen
                edge_2002

Hello I am also having the same problem but with almost every game I play! my system specs are:

I3 3400

R9 380X

MSI Gaming 45 Z97

Powercolor 550W 80+

8GB Hyper X Fury 2400MHZ

OS-Win 10 64 Bit

Display- Acer S271HLCBID

Driver- All of the available ones I have tried(16.3 currently)

• 5. Re: R9 380X black screen
                  edge_2002

Sorry I3 4330!

• 6. Re: R9 380X black screen
                    amdmatt

Please try updating to Crimson 16.3.1 to see if that resolves your issue.

• 7. Re: R9 380X black screen
                      amdmatt

Please try updating to Crimson 16.3.1 to see if that resolves your issue.

• 8. Re: R9 380X black screen
                        edge_2002

Hello, sorry but I was already on 16.3.1 forgot to mention that

• 9. Re: R9 380X black screen
                          kith1980

Was there a resolution for this issue or a hotfix as I'm experiencing the same issue and happening in multiple new games like The Division, Battlefleet Gothic Armada, The Witness, Witcher 3.

I have tried many fixes mention in many forums like the TDR Delay reg key and Win 7 Compatibility mode. The symptoms change between the driver stopping and crashing to desktop with an error, or just black screen with sound continuing to play.

The only common component with the other guys here seem to be Win 10 64bit and the R9 380x.

Graphics Card : R9 380x

Operating System : Windows 10 64bit

Driver version :  Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1

Motherboard : Gigabyte 970-ds3p

CPU : AMD FX 9370

PSU : Corsair 770W

RAM : 16GB

• 10. Re: R9 380X black screen
                            edge_2002

Hello again, I have had exactly the same problem in win 8.1 64 bit aswell I

upgraded wo win 10 thinking that it would fix it. clearly not!

• 11. Re: R9 380X black screen
                              kith1980

Hi Edge,

Well, after much playing around I actually managed to get it fairly stable run on there. I installed Trixx (Seeing as I had a Sapphire Nitro card this seemed like a good idea) and found that if I increased the +mv by about 20-30 then it would be a lot better than it was before. Even managed to OC up to 1200mhz on the GPU and 1698 on the Mem. Still had a crash after 5 hours, but this was due to Temps so adjusted my fan speeds to keep it around 60 degrees. It's only ever going to run that long at the weekends so not a big deal to me and just wait for the Driver guys to get optimised for the latest games out there (Like The Division which I caved in and bought at the weekend)

So TL;DR try increasing the power on the card slightly using Trixx and see how you go.

• 12. Re: R9 380X black screen
                                axucc

I used the drivers from dell official site and the far cry primal was working fine at low details but crashing like every hour.. this was the error

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: FCPrimal.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 56e2509a

Fault Module Name: atidxx64.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.489

Fault Module Timestamp: 51860fb4

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000483689

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 4d89

Additional Information 2: 4d8941b5ef4e4625a04ad3704e40c318

Additional Information 3: a121

Additional Information 4: a12110091b93ef2122fa76d5676febd3

i contacted far cry support and they said to me to update to latest drivers from amd .. i did now the game doesn t load some texturers .... and same is for rollercoastertycoon ... here are some images

http://s21.postimg.org/5ft3zwjt3/Photo+31.03.2016,+18+08+57.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/vzlp21kcn/Photo+31.03.2016,+18+08+54.jpg

My laptop Dell inspiron 3537

video:8850m

• 13. Re: R9 380X black screen
                                  amdmatt

Users have been reporting that updating to Crimson 16.3.2 has fixed these issues.

• 14. Re: R9 380X black screen
                                    kingfish

The OP does not have a laptop...and his issue is different. You should really start your own thread.

To resolve your issue...go to Windows Update and install needed 'optional' and recommended' updates which will include any .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. This has to be done before trying to install AMD drivers. Then:

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download the correct AMD drivers to your desktop. > Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

3 of 4 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 3 First Previous