AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSI R9 380 PC crash on intense gaming.

Question asked by sv99s on Jan 30, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 by goodplay

About 2 months ago I made myself a nice gaming PC.I didn't had any problems until i started playing GTA V and Fallout 4.The GTA V is running fine on lower-medium settings,but when i change graphics settings on high,even if it's not lagging,still 50+ fps my game crash after some minutes of playing,first times i didn't got any error messages,my monitor just go black but sound of game was still on,after those crashes i wasn't able to do nothing,need to do a force PC restart.On fallout 4 instead is crashing no matters what graphics settings I put.At first i was thinking that i got an CPU overheating problem,or PSU problem but after some research i saw that CPU,GPU temperatures are normal,and PSU is working fine,the voltages are ok... I did a lot of hardware tests and all is working good.I try to reinstall windows 3 times,from windows 8 to windows 8.1 and to windows 10,same problem.I also reinstalled AMD drivers more than 3 times,tried Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix ,then Crimson Edition 15.12 and didn't help.Sometimes after games crash it's just exit the game and a message in corner of monitor says that the AMD drivers got crashed but were successfully recovered,that message happens very rare because in most cases the PC just stops responding,need to do a force restart.What should i try to repair that problem,i don't have any ideas left.

System configuration:

Windows 10 PRO  64 bit
Videocard:         MSI R9 380 4GB

Motherboard:    Asrock h97 anniversary
RAM:                 Corsair 8GBx1

Memory:            WD Blue 1TB
Processor:         Intel core i-5 4460 3.2GHz

Outcomes