9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 3:20 AM by cocoman

Serious DirectX 12 and AMD drivers problems on mobile platforms with AMD APUs

heroutm

Hello.

I have HP Probook 455 G1 with APU AMD A10 5750M with integrated GPU AMD HD8650G and dedicated AMD HD8750M 2GB (which is said to be DirectX 12 supported) - notebook also has dual graphic support, Windows 10 Professional with latest updates installed.

I still face problem when dxdiag.exe reports DirectX 11.2 and WDDM 1.3 driver only! I already tried AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 and 15.8 Beta drivers - no changes!!! I'm really confused and angry, because HD 8750M is said to be DirectX 12 supported and compatible (but probably not HD8650G inside AMD A10). This must be some kind of driver problem. I want to use DirectX 12 with my dedicated HD8750M, not integrated HD8650G!

I'm not the only one facing this issue. There are many people on the internet and forums having the same issues! Users with Intel Core i5 and HD8750M reports that DirectX is working for them and dxdiag.exe reports DirectX 12 and WDDM 2.0. My computer reports DirectX 11.2 and WDDM 1.3! Now I cannot run DirectX 12 apps like Ashes of the Singularity or DirectX 12 Elemental Demo (Unreal Engine) and use DX12 advantages - they are simply not working.

This is serious problem and I hope it will be fixed soon (still no reactions from AMD, no statements). This contitutes bad publicity.

Your customers, which choosed AMD APU instead of Intel APU are disandvantaged,.. again! Your reactions are welcomed.

With kind regards,

Michal Herout.