12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 3:53 PM by hardcoregames™

Windows 10 Blu-ray Playback

ccana

BLUF: Unable to get Blu-ray video playback.

AMD R9-290 with 15.7.1

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater 6 & Cyberlink PowerDVD 15

The program is on the preferred display and I've tried all compatibility settings.

I've been unable to get Blu-ray video to playback in either program. There is audio but video will not appear.

I have tried DVD's and they work properly so at this point I believe it's software based.

Has anyone else been able to play Blu-ray content with Windows 10?

• Re: Windows 10 Blu-ray Playback
          ccana

I was able to get an error with the software and it blames it on the graphics card. This worked fine with previous drivers in windows 8.1 but no longer works in windows 10.

TMT Error.png

mb2k

Same problem here. I'm thinking the issue is with the AMD GPU and/or the Catalyst drivers. I have no problems with the program on a Dell XPS18 that uses onboard graphics.

Based on a suggestion from user antonrumata in this post, i rolled back from 15.7 to 14.12. TMT6 is working fine now.

ray_m

Arcsoft has discontinued support for Total Media Theater.

Supported Products

Any fix for this issue will need to come from the developer.

mb2k

Thank you, I was aware of this, however the problem only seems to occur

with the latest Catalyst drivers. I rolled back my Catalyst driver and the

program works fine.

Was just hoping for some guidance on the issue.

thank you.

hardcoregames™

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD which can play BD but make sure you use their BD adviser as a lot of Radeon cards lack HDCP with the HDMI port or the DP port

mb2k

Thanks vegan. Yeah, I tried the PowerDVD trial and it works fine. However in my opinion, TMT6 is a much better program. PowerDVD just has too much unnecessary things running in the background.

I'm just gonna keep running the older Catalyst 14.12 for now. Hopefully any future Catalyst updates will resolve the issue. Just wish I could figure out what the "failed overlay" issue is.

ray_m

The application has to be updated to work with the new drivers and the new OS.

If it's been discontinued, that will not happen.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    legendsphinx

@ray_m - I dont get it - and dont understand your Answer not technically and not from a logical point.

The user is expierience - a problem - where the Catalyst 14.12 Drivers Windows 8.1 for his Graphiccard with Windows 10 Works like EXCEPTED

So whats changed to 8.1 -> 10 is not a fundamental MILESTONE except of the support for DX12 and the new Destop Arrangment. So u say now its not a driver Fault its this tool.
                                    I am not sure if you aware that many graphiccards and Apus who - like u suggested to update via Windows Update for Windows 10 - ARE Bugged and ZERO Hardware Acceleration for playback Video. In Flash you get Green Screen. And other Medias a BlackScreen with Sound...

So enable manually the Driver support by adding the missing Cards to Catalyst 15.8 works...(And installing them without Driver Signature Enforcment) -  Whats your problem - Whats the Problem of AMD... for decide those decission * they are absolute Politically.

ray_m

We cannot provide or suggest any hacks or workaround in order to force our products to work with Windows 10.

Windows 10 is actually a significantly different OS than Windows 8.1 DX12 support in embedded in the core of the OS and not something that is just bolted onto Windows 8.1

vjsouza

I have the same problem. My machine is a AMD APU A10-7800, 16GB RAM, SSD 240gb, Windows 10 64-bit, AMD Catalyst 15.8 beta (I get it by Windows Update) and I can't play blu-ray with any software. I did test with Arcsoft TotalMedia, PowerDVD, WinDVD. All show the same problem: Your system is UNABLE to play Blu-Rays. THIS IS A SHAME FOR AMD!

hardcoregames™

I have PowerDVD 12 but my HD 7870 does not support HDCP properly so I have to use my GTX 660 Ti card to watch movies.