60 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 1:24 AM by phillfri

AMD Radeon HD 4000 Series Overscan / Underscan fix on Windows 10

jabdo79

After a good amount of searching and reading through posts on these forums of people replying in an irritated way that the 4000 series is outdated and isn't supported and wont work with Windows 10, I found a fix that was posted/works. I'm reposting it here so that others may hopefully find it easier. Also as a note to those who just said buy a new card or go back to windows 7, don't give up so easily, if you don't know the answer you don't have to post something. If you have an idea that may help, post that, but there's no need to get frustrated because people ask the same question over, just ignore it or help them find the answer they're looking for. Thanks!

I believe this will remove the overscan/underscan for any AMD card but I have only tested it on a Radeon HD 4800.

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK, editing the registry can cause serious problems.

On to the fix!

• In windows 10 click Cortana, search for "regedit", and run it.
      • Click File, Export and save as "backup" to wherever you want, just in case something goes wrong you can revert it back.
      • On the left navigate to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\
      • In this folder there will be multiple folders with long names, look for the one with a folder inside named "0000", there will be a ton of other settings, on the right, once you find the right one.

As an example the folder name my "0000" was located in is "{55038BE3-BCB9-4757-9ACF-05AC30F7CBF9}"

• Next right click the "0000" folder and click "Find", search for the resolution you are using, in my case it was 1920x1080.
      • It will highlight it on the right, for me it was "DALR6 DFPI 21920x1080x0x59", the last number is the refresh rate for the screen, look for the refresh rate you use if the first one it highlights is not the one.
      • Right click the highlighted name and click Modify
      • Here we want to change all the numbers on the right to 00's, put your cursor before the number you want to change, press the "Del" key, then press "0".
      • Click OK, minimize the registry and right click the desktop, Display Settings, Advanced Display Settings, and change the resolution to anything else, then back to the resolution you edited in regedit. Your underscan should be gone! (Edit: If changing resolution doesn't work, try rebooting.)

Here's the source I found the solution at: http://http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1251639-how-i-fixed-overscan-underscan-issues-ati-card-without-catalyst-control-center.html#post18675728

Search terms others may use: black borders, 4xxx, 4300, 4500, 4600, 4700, 4800

• Re: AMD Radeon HD 4000 Series Overscan / Underscan fix on Windows 10
          tonyclegg

Just to add to this, I've got both an HD4350 and HD4500 and this works a treat on it.  I had to reboot though for the overscan to resolve itself.  Changing resolution didn't work.  Also, there was two entries for 1920x1080 with 59 and 60hz.  Deleted the 60hz also as wasn't being used.  The rebooted, and great news, no black borders.

Big thanks to the OP from 4 yrs ago.  Really pleased this works and will help many here.

minhduy

I use AMD Radeon HD4650 card but I can not install the Catalyst Control Center on Win10 Pro x64.

Since I use the Dell U2414H monitor should have the Catalyst Control Center to adjust your screen.

Please help me thank you very much ....

tssz

Thanks a lot!!!

It works for me, my card is AMD Radeon HD4200.

It just follow your instructions, step by step, and I found more than one "0000", and also "0001", then I modify them all.

Follow the next steps, now my black borders gone!

AMD should really consider to officially release a drive to support those old cards, otherwise, people just leave.

olisaev.ruslan

Why should I change my hd4870 for 5870? If they are identical in performance! Make the driver under 4 series! I have always been loyal to you, but enough for my needs so far, and my 4 series! You are forcing me to buy another such video card! I think that many, not just I just abandon you! Because your competitors support such "old" card! Sincerely, Ruslan Olisaev!

surim

Your registry edit fix worked for me (Windows 10 with Dell U2414H monitor and ATI Radeon HD 4200 card), and your instructions were crystal clear. The thick black borders disappeared, and no reboot was required.

After changing the display settings, then reverting back to 1920 x 1080 Windows suggested that I logout/login, which I did, but I don't think that made any difference.

Thanks for making the effort to share this solution with others.

p.s. Your link at the end doesn't work, but this one does:

How I fixed overscan/underscan issues on an ATI card without Catalyst Control Center - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussi…

bsamd

There is another option ... this problem only affects HDMI.

The problem does not exist if the DVI output is used. I have used a DVI-to-DVI cable instead of an HDMI cable - and there is no black border.

I can still use two monitors - by also using an HDMI-to-DVI cable

It is not a perfect solution - but it is cheaper than buying a new video card  .. and safer than changing registry values.

forextc

This didn't work for me. The registry settings kept resetting themselves? Maybe I'm missing something? I so wanted this to work It's so frustrating....

forextc

Hey>  I should update my previous post. I had another go at this and got it working using the above. I made sure I set the registry settings for both my monitors as is indicated above (folders "0000" and "0001"). I then deleted any other display resolution in the regsitry as is mentioned in thecomments above leaving just "DALR6 DFPI 21920x1080x0x60" and set the monitor refresh rate to this (60 hertz) before following the last step:

• Click OK, minimize the registry and right click the desktop, Display Settings, Advanced Display Settings, and change the resolution to anything else, then back to the resolution you edited in regedit. Your underscan should be gone! (Edit: If changing resolution doesn't work, try rebooting.)

it took a bit of playing about but now seems to be working fine. Thanks very much for this!

mackdumt

Thanks for posting.  I liked windows 10 in all regards except this one.  I'm not a gamer, but couldn't take the underscan.  I had two "DALR6 DFPI 21920x1080x0x60" (may have been labeled slightly different), which I'm guessing is because I have 2 monitors.  The one was already all set to "0's" on the right side and I had not had the underscan issues on it.  Anyway, I'm certainly glad their are guys smarter than myself figuring these things.  Your solution worked perfectly and now both monitors are showing the same resolution with no scaling issues. Thanks for your help. 

ray_m

Please refer to the following document for details of driver support for legacy products under Windows 10.

Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

ultrashricco

Have you not got anything useful to do/say, instead of repeating the same useless and shameless lies post after post?

Win10 requirements are:

Graphics card:DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver (NOT WDDM 1.2!!!)

Display:800x600

AMD is just too lazy/stingy to code suitable drivers for "legacy" products (that are otherwise 100% functional) for Win10. Fortunately, legacy 13.4 drivers (back from 2013!!!) still work under Windows 10.

Sure, update your graphics card instead, as your product is obsolete! Only you can forget about thousands of affected customers buying any AMD product ever again when they experience such a lame customer service. Oh, and how do you upgrade a notebook's graphics card, GENIUS? Either stay with Windows 8.1 or renew all your hardware, I guess? You really are shamelessly desperate for money, guys.

ATI/AMD, NEVER AGAIN.

tonytracey

Thank you. Took a couple of tries and had to change it in the 0001 reg entry as well but it worked.

pritpalspall

You are a genius.

just saved me on my girlfriends computer

HD4300

just made an account to thank you

im_it1234

Brilliant!  Easy directions and took me 5 min to fix my HD4600!  I tried this a # of different ways from other posts and no go but this was a cinch!  Great easy to follow fix!!!!! 

beakmom

This totally worked. Thank you so much. I didn't have the problem until I switched from a DVI cable to HDMI. Now it's fixed and I can use HDMI. Yay.

adamp

This fix worked perfectly on my Dell Inspiron 2305 All-in-one with a AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 after my upgrade to Windows 10.  I now can run my display at 1920x1080 without the under scaling black border around the outside or having to run it with a lower resolution which looked fuzzy!  No need to try to get the Catalyst Control Center to install or update the drivers.  Great fix and thank you!

jase.phoenix

Fantastic guide - worked a treat on my 4870.Switching resolutions was the only step I had missed before.

Thanks Jabdo79

tstitch01

Hey Guys,

the resolution on the Panasonic TV and the old Toshiba laptop I have is 1366x768. However if I search the "0000" and "0001" files looking after this resolution there are no hits. I have checked it one by one but I couldn't find any files containing this resolution.

Many thanks for any ideas!

xeroxedanimus

I don't suppose there's an alternate fix? I recently got a big update for Windows 10 and the registry editing fix, while it worked before when I first upgraded to Windows 10, no longer works now. The changes I make seem to keep reverting - when I try to zero out the entry, I'll switch to my native res, see that the fix didn't work, and find that a digit has been added back to the registry entry! I'm using HDMI so I can't just manually scale it on the monitor.

balloothebear

Christmas present life saver....

Bought a Samsung monitor to use with an aspire 5536 laptop with ati radeon hd3200 on windows 10.

The above posted solutions had no effect even after reboot, so I searched for other entries in the registry for 1920x1080x0x60(or 59 for the refresh rate etc)

Found and altered...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControleSet001/Control/Class/{long key string}/0000/DALR6 DFP1920x1080x0x60

I tried changing the values to all 00's first.

After changing the resolution to something else, then back again, the screen image was too big for the screen.

As mentioned above, I played with the values until it was spot on.

In the end I had all 00's apart from the last line which read:

0028    00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00

This made changes in the original keys identified in the main post.

I have a couple of hdmi monitors, each one requires different settings.  Non of my changes had any effect on the LCD laptop panel.

After reboot and power cycle, all is still well.

While messing around with settings, I found it easier just to change the monitor refresh rate from 59 then back to 60 in monitor settings to see what effect my changes had.

plobane

I regret to inform, but Windows 10 latest update made all the tricks completely useless. Absolutely nothing is taking the black border way now. It did before until a recent Win 10 update. If anyone has any clue how to get Mobile HD Radeon 4200 second display HDMI to use all the screen available in a TV please please help.

The solutions presented before are not working anymore and I have tried them all.

brs

After  updating Windows 10 on 23-Dec-2015 the screen resolution changed,

1. UnInstall any version of  ATI Graphics Catalyst Software.

2. Google & Download "ATI Graphics Catalyst Software Suit Win7 64 bit" ,

File description: 10-7_vista64_win7_64_dd_cc_enu

File Versin: 8.753.0.0

Product Name:CATALYST 10-7

Size: 73.2 MB

3. After Downloading right click on application.

Click Troubleshoot Compatibility

Click Troubleshoot program

Check/Select first 2 check boxes

Click Next

Select Windows 7

Click Next

4, It should Install the software

In case if it crashes the computer, reinstall it

5. After installation rebboot system

6. On desktop right click

Click Catalyst Control Center

7. On Catalyst Control Center

Switch to Advanced

Click DTV

Click Scaling Options

Overscan 0%

8. Click Apply &OK

This should solve the problem

brs

After  updating Windows 10 on 23-Dec-2015 the screen resolution changed,

1. UnInstall any version of  ATI Graphics Catalyst Software.

2. Google & Download "ATI Graphics Catalyst Software Suit Win7 64 bit" ,

File description: 10-7_vista64_win7_64_dd_cc_enu

File Versin: 8.753.0.0

Product Name:CATALYST 10-7

Size: 73.2 MB

3. After Downloading right click on application.

Click Troubleshoot Compatibility

Click Troubleshoot program

Check/Select first 2 check boxes

Click Next

Select Windows 7

Click Next

4, It should Install the software

In case if it crashes the computer, reinstall it

5. After installation rebboot system

6. On desktop right click

Click Catalyst Control Center

7. On Catalyst Control Center

Switch to Advanced

Click DTV

Click Scaling Options

Overscan 0%

8. Click Apply &OK

This should solve the problem

dharbari

THANKS!!!

After hours and hours searching for the proper solution.

Your one works!

bva

Worked! (Radeon HD 4600, Windows 10 version 1511)

Couple comments in response to earlier remarks in this thread:

1) When switching away from the desired resolution and then back to it after making the Registry change(s), you have to commit to the "temporary" resolution, which gives you the option of selecting the correct resolution for your display. If you just say, "No, don't keep this resolution; revert back to the original resolution"that does nothing. You have to accept (commit to) the temporary resolution, then repeat the whole process, this time selecting and accepting the desired resolution. When you do this, the resolution change(s) made in the registry will "take." Otherwise, they won't. You can reboot instead, of course, and that will accomplish the same thing — i.e., forcing the changed Registry to determine what your screen looks like based on your change(s) — but that takes an awful lot longer, and should be unnecessary.

2) As has been said by others, changing the first non-zero data byte (often 08, apparently) decreases the underscan condition. I tried various "1-bit-marked" hex byte values (changing from 08 to 04 to 02 to 01) and watched the screen get closer and closer to displaying full-size as the hex value was decreased. Only when I changed it to 00 did I achieve fully displayed screen space. This might be different for different monitors / card versions; one user, for example, said in this thread that he achieved full screen space usage by changing the 08 to 04.

3) I also found that zeroing the other two non-zero bytes in this REG_BINARY (in my setup, there were two bytes set to 01) didn't have any effect on the underscan problem, so I left them at 01. I don't know what they do, so I figured it was a good idea to leave well enough alone.

I might go ahead and upgrade my graphics card anyway one of these days — albeit only after doing enough research to convince myself that my graphics performance would be improved and some degree of load taken off the main system...

bva

bva

Reply to self (and others, if interested) several days later: Things like this screen-sizing bug kept coming up with Windows 10, one thing after another—issues for which Microsoft had supposedly examined my PC, remotely, and found it to be entirely compatible. After days of mucking about in the nether reaches of the Internet, beating the bushes for (free) Windows 10 compliant drivers for devices I had never given a second thought to—like my USB wi-fi transceiver, or my graphics card, devices about whose aptness for its new operating system Microsoft had tacitly assured me—well... I've had it. I give up.

I'm not trying to minimize the enormous complexity and difficulty of doing what Microsoft is trying to do with their incremental roll-out of Windows 10—but their problems are due entirely to the business model Bill Gates chose many years ago: trying to maintain compatibility with tens of thousands of non-Microsoft products and drivers and apps over which Microsoft has no control and indeed only very limited visibility.

In any case, short-term, I've reverted back to Windows 7, as much as I liked some of the features of Windows 10. And long-term, I've decided to make the big migration to Apple: desktop, laptops, iPads, iPhones, the whole nine yards. Computing has simply become too complex for an open-platform OS to work efficiently enough not to drive users to distraction, just trying to get it all to work together at a minimally acceptable level. Perhaps many would disagree with that assertion, but that's what I've come to—and for me, that opinion has driven my decision. This trusty old hp factory-installed Windows 7 desktop will serve me (as it has for the past four years) until I'm ready financially to make the move to an Apple desktop workstation—yes, probably at three times the price. I currently have an iPad II (early version), and the seamlessness of the iOS upgrades I've put it through has convinced me that a closed platform is the way to go if what you really want is just to use the device and have it work.

Twenty years ago, I was basically a computer geek who built all his own "PC clone" computers (as they were called then) from cases, power supplies, boards, drives, whatever version of Windows I could get my hands on, compatible devices and drivers (I hoped), and other arcane bits of hardware and software. And I loved the hell out of it. It was a fun hobby. Today, I just don't have the time or the interest. I just want it to work. Like a toaster. Embarrassing, but true.

Understand, now: This represents a complete 180° vault-face from where I was at a couple decades ago. But I guess I've changed—grown up, maybe, in a certain way. I don't know. But I've come to believe, from an industry-wide business perspective, that Steve Jobs was right (bless his indomitable soul), and will be proved right in the fullness of time. I know I'm not the only one who is noticing this—so I think the next big thing we're going to see is the emergence of some actual competition for Apple in their own market space—a market space this new entity will try to fill (at Apple's expense) and also expand in new directions nobody has thought of yet. That should prove very interesting. Whoever attempts it is going to need very deep pockets and be a true visionary genius to blaze a new direction—a direction I personally cannot even conceive right now.

The number of people who fit that description can be numbered on the fingers of one hand—the hand of a guy who has already lost several fingers to the exigencies of life in the technogeek fast lane. In fact, I can think of only one individual well above the horizon today who fits that description. And... well, he's awfully busy these days.

Time will tell.

And when it does, I fervently hope I will be listening this time.

bva

maximus216

Thanks jabdo79,

I was having this problem with an onboard radeon hd 4000 series video card not scaling correctly each time I would restart or change inputs on the monitor.  Did this trick and it fixed the problem.  This also works on Windows 7. 

legordan

Hello

I have ATI Radeon 4200 HD.

Could you please post some pictures that illustrates what exactly I need to change in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\ ?

I did not understand that>

• Next right click the "0000" folder and click "Find", search for the resolution you are using, in my case it was 1920x1080.
                                                                • It will highlight it on the right, for me it was "DALR6 DFPI 21920x1080x0x59", the last number is the refresh rate for the screen, look for the refresh rate you use if the first one it highlights is not the one.
                                                                  atilla.coruh@superonline.com

Thank You

An old problem with my ATI mobılıty RADEON HD 4500 "underscan" now, is solved without "Catalyst Center" (Sony Vaio Laptop).

1) At first "0000" did not solve the problem, even rebooting the computer.

2) I also  applied the same procedure for "0001". After rebooting the computer, "underscan" was solved.

Thank you again.

AMD should take into account, this consideration for its "bad named" video card.

murcod

Thanks so much for posting that regedit info. It worked perfectly for the Radeon 3000 onboard my Asus M4A78LT-M-LE motherboard. It now works perfectly using Windows 10 and a DVI to HDMI cable to my Samsung monitor.

I can't believe the AMD/ ATI website just comes up no drivers / unsupported for Windows 10.

nordicstar

Jabdo79

THANKS... I really appreciate your persistence to solve this issue in spite that some "experts" told you forget it!, I followed your instructions and worked perfect!

you have to use some use some common sense because not all the registers are the same but works

tonytracey

Thanks a million for this. Works great.

ibicdev

Just registered an account to say thanks -- just couldn't thank you enough!

vdusa

After Win7 -> Win10 update I had the same problem with my second screen (HDMI) with ATI Radeon HD 4600. When I changed value DALR6 DFPI 41920x1080x0x59 to zeroes, and set the resolution to something else and back, it began to work! Thank you very much!

rdnzl

Thanks for your post, i couldn't bear the fact that i couldn't use my 27" additional. screen entirely...

I used this tip with Windows10 and ATI Mobility Radeon 4500

Just to add something about the regedit manipulation, i noticed that the fact of zeroing the DALR6 DFPI 21920x1080x0x59 didn't change a thing when switching the resolution to another one and back, because this created a DALR6 DFPI 21920x1080x0x60 in the registry list that also needs to be zeroed.

Anyway, thank you so much for the tip, OP!

jc_nst

Thanks for your post. It works great!!

cth

This fix worked for me until last update od Windows 10. Now  I am changing the registry but after changing resolution Windows is changing registry back to non zero values and there are still black borders. Have you got the same problem? Do you know how to fix it? I tried to block permissions to registry but it didn't work.

andre-br

Thanks a Lot , its really helps on my full hd monitor with Hd3000 onboard . Gratefulness of Brazil

.johnny

This worked like a treat in Win 10 until I upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update.

After that the registry changes are set back to the default each time you change the resolution or refresh rate. Anyone have any clues how to address this? in the mean time: do not upgrade to W10CU.

mach128x

Hi

I have a Powercolor HD4550 and I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

I've always used the DVI port with a single monitor.

I recently went for a dual monitor setup and had the underscan/black bars only on the HDMI port.

I went to AMD's download page.

I selected: Desktop Graphics / Radeon HD Series / Radeon HD 5xxx series PCIe / Windows 10 - 64 Bit

Note that I did select HD 5xxx by mistake (there is no Windows 10 selection available if you select HD 4xxx instead) !

But, read on for the interesting part :-)

I ended up on the "AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products" page.

There was AMD's Catalyst Software Suite x64 v15.7.1 (2015-07-29)

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe

SHA1: 11435dc9fa0d8177899accb84e855053f255ff66

I installed it. Then I went into:

AMD Catalyst Control Center

Advanced view

My Digital Flat-Panels 

Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panels)

The slider was set at some default Underscan %. I simply moved it back to 0%, and voilà.

Not sure if this worked because I had an older version driver previously installed.

I was about to clean install Windows 10 on that machine anyways, so I'll report back if v15.7.1 works on a clean-slate install.

kingfish

Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:

• ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
                                                                                            • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
                                                                                            • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

mach128x

And your point is...?

Windows update is disabled on the machine in question. In fact it isn't even connected to the network.

kingfish

The point is, The only drivers available for these graphics cards is through Windows Update. No matter what is said, the computer will not perform as designed using Windows 10. You can Mickey Mouse some things, but you can't fake WDDM2.0 or WDDM2.2. There was the option of using the Leshcat modded drivers, but he has gone out of business. For $50 or less you could get a modern graphics card that is compatible with Win10.

mach128x

Ok but still... what does it have to do with what I posted? Did you even bother reading my post?

Your first post in reply to mine was a copy-paste from AMD without any text or actual input from you.

Your second post didn't relate to my original post at all, either.

I didn't "mickey mouse" anything. I didn't even mess with driver files or the registry.

I simply installed an official AMD driver package, which recognized the card perfectly fine, and was able to solve this stupid underscan problem.

Besides, "the computer will not perform as designed using Windows 10" is a bold, if not incorrect statement.

First of it's the not computer that would not perform (what do you know about my computer, in any case?) but the graphics card itself.

Secondly I can tell you that it does perform perfectly fine. Both the gfx card as well as the whole computer.

Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver version: 15.200.1062.1004

Otherwise, I'm out.

.johnny

I'm with you. But what about W10 Creators Update? Does it work?

scratch that. I doesn't work, even before W10CU. perhaps the fix only works if you don't have an internet connection. Not really a typical use case (to put it mildly).

mentioned software package doesn't install.

mach128x

Catalyst v15.7.1 is confirmed working on Win 10 version 1703 build 15063.0 (Creators Update).

It installs absolutely fine.

Just for testing purposes, I went online with the machine.

Of course Windows Firewall is properly locked down and automatic drivers updates are disabled through System Properties / Hardware tab / Device Installation Settings.

With automatic drivers updates enabled (but why would somebody allow that, for god's sake??), Windows might decide it knows better than you and replace your perfectly fine driver with something else. Which in turn *might* f?&k up your gfx settings doing so. I don't know, I haven't tested this scenario. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

But yeah, Win 10 Creators, HD 4550, Catalyst v15.7.1 working, no stupid underscan, machine is online. Confirmed

tonytracey

Loved this fix, it totally worked for me thank you but.... Just got an upgrade to Windows 10 and they changed registry values back! I tried this fix again and this time it didn't work. Anyone else having the same issue and more importantly any fixes.

Thanks guys

rmcompsol

I have a Dell Inspiron One 2305 with the AMD Mobility HD 4200 card built-in.  I just rebuilt this machine from scratch using Windows 10 Creators Update.  I too was having the same issue: trying to use maximum resolution of 1920x1080 was giving me black borders.  Following the instructions in the thread to 00 out the appropriate entries in the registry DID NOT WORK for me.

FINALLY got it working as follows:

1. Open Regedit and find the appropriate resolution (for me it was DALR6 DFP1920x1080x0x59)
                                                                                                        2. My registry entry had all 00 for the first 4 lines, the 5th line had a 08, and the 6th line had a 01 & 02
                                                                                                        3. I changed my entry to look as shown below
                                                                                                        4. Changed my resolution to 1650x1050, then back to 1920x1080
                                                                                                        5. Immediately it was fixed.  No reboot was necessary for me (now I hope the fix sticks!)

0000 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

0008 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

0010 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

0018 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

0020 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00          Removed 08 from this line and changed to 00

0028 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00          Changed the 02 in the line to 01

phillfri

I can report that the original suggestion of all zero values in the designated hex string works with the Radeon HD 4290 to get a full screen at 1920x1080 resolution on an LED television on the Windows 10 Creator's Update.