customer

HD8970M - Catalyst 15.7 Windows 10 x64 Broken, BSOD

Discussion created by customer on Jul 30, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 by rust

Good morning,

as the title suggests I'm having severe problems to run Windows 10 on my notebook containing a 8970M. After windows update installed the AMD display driver I got into a BSOD loop at startup, saying "Internal Power Error". After reinstalling Windows 10 and installing the latest Catalyst from the AMD website the problem reoccured. I was able to remove the driver by booting windows in safe mode. Then once again windows update installed the "HD8970M display driver" update, this time fortunately not putting me in a boot loop. However, the system still crashes randomly every 15 minutes. Additionaly, if I select Catalyst Control Center from the context menu when I rightclick the desktop, my system will instantly crash to "Internal Power Error". Also notable: Windows apparently doesn't use the internal HD4000 graphics, the icon on my notebook displaying dedicated gpu activity stays on after boot. Is there anything I can do right now to run Windows 10 without having to uninstall the graphics driver? Thank you in advance!

regards

Outcomes