Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 Windows Driver
Windows® 10 Support
This driver provides support for Windows® 10 as well as full WDDM 2.0 and DirectX® 12 support which is available on all AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) products, - AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 and newer graphics products.
For more information on products supported please visit the Supported Products Tab and view the AMD Product Compatibility chart.
Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
VSR provides image quality enhancements to games and Windows® desktop users by rendering images at a higher resolution and then down-scaling the same. VSR support has now been extended to the following products:
AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 280 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 390 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 270 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 380 Series
AMD Radeon™ R7 260 Series
AMD Radeon™ R7 370 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon™ R7 360 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2
AMD Radeon™ HD 7790 Series
AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series
Desktop A-Series 7400K APUs and above
Below is a list of supported resolutions:
Target Display Timing
Supported VSR Modes
1366 X 768 @ 60Hz
1600 X 900
1920 X 1080
1600 X 900 @ 60Hz
1920 X 1080
1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz
2560 X 1440
3200 X 1800
3840 X 2160 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz
2048 X 1536
2560 X 1600
3840 X 2400 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
2560 X 1440 @ 60Hz
3200 X 1800
1920 X 1080 @ 120Hz
1920 X 1200 @ 120Hz
2048 X 1536 @ 120Hz
Frame Rate Target Control™ (FRTC)
FRTC allows the user to set a maximum frame rate when playing an application in full screen exclusive mode. This feature provides the following benefits:
- Reduced GPU power consumption
- Reduced system heat
- Lower fan speeds and less noise
- Counter-Strike® : Global Offensive - Profile change to reduce Flip Queue Size - improves the latest positional information from the keyboard and mouse.
-  Battlefield™ Hardline becomes unresponsive after toggling the in-game Vsync option.
-  Mantle based application may crash when system is woken from sleep mode
-  Battlefield™ 4 may crash if run in Mantle mode with AMD Crossfire™ enabled
-  A crash may be experienced on some AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series products while running the Unigene benchmark
-  A 'missing Dll' error message may be experienced while doing an express uninstall of the current driver
-  Transcoded clips may fail to play on some Drag and Drop devices
-  Some systems experience a minor performance drop from 15.15 to 15.20 in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with HairWorks enabled
-  Some "Kaveri" APU-based systems may experience minor performance drop on PCMark8® Video Group Chat & Casual Gaming tests
-  Display profiles are not retained after driver upgrade from 14.502 to 15.20
-  DLL missing popup message may be encountered when performing an express uninstall of the display driver. This will not impact the uninstall process
-  Cyberlink PowerDVD plays 3D content in 2D mode
-  Audio driver is banged out for non-primary ASIC after enabling CF and rebooting system
-  Intermittent BSOD occurs when launching a race in Dirt Rally™
-  With quad AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled, TDR or blank display occurs when launching DirectX® 9 application in full screen
-  BSOD observed when performing an express uninstall of the display driver in 4K resolution
-  Flickering corruption may occur in Dirt Rally™ with Advanced Blending enabled
-  Flickering corruption may occur in Dirt Rally™ when changing settings during gameplay
-  3DMark Farandole may crash when AMD Mantle is selected from the test suite
-  Mozilla Firefox browser may crash while opening multiple tabs (2 or more).
- Work arounds include disabling hardware acceleration and using multiple windows instead of tabs
-  A Blue Screen error may be observed with some Intel+AMD configurations on driver installation. As a workaround, please update your drivers using Windows update.
-  F1™ 2015 may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling
-  GTA V may crash on extended gameplay on some AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series products
-  Grid: Autosport™ and Batman™: Arkham Knight may not launch on some Intel+AMD configurations
-  Applying Video Quality (VQ) settings while playing Flash/HTML5 content may result in screen flicker
-  The Frame Rate option is erroneously displayed in the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center Performance Tab for systems with Intel processors and AMD GPUs.
-  A Blue Screen error may be encountered on some AMD Radeon ™ R9 300 series products if AMD Crossfire™ is enabled/disabled while BluRay or DVD playback is in progress
-  AMD Dual Graphics may not be available on some AMD A10-5750M-equipped laptops
-  Unable to create an SLS in Eyefinity if a 5K display is part of the SLS.
-  Fill SLS mode will not apply when 2560x1600 resolution and 2560x1440 resolution displays are used
-  Dirt Rally™ may show corruption in game textures after installing the V500 game update
-  System may hang while running the 3D Mark 2011 benchmark in a loop on some AMD Radeon™ R9 200 series products.
-  Battlefield™ Hardline may experience stuttering during game play
-  Battlefield™ Hardline crashes on pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del while running in AMD Mantle mode
-  A TDR error may be experienced when running the Windows Metro camera application.
-  Fire in Total War™ : Attila may experience corruption when in AMD CrossFire™ mode
-  Battlefield™ 4 triggers TDR and crash when running in AMD Mantle mode
-  Flickering and intermittent display blanking out with LG31MU97 if resolution is set above 1920x1080
-  Corruption may occur in Dirt Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
-  AMD Radeon™ R9 390 Series may experience screen corruption in 3Dmark11 "Deep Sea" Demo
-  Rage: In game cinematic may stutter when quad AMD Crossfire™ mode is enabled
-  The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt - Corruption may be observed when AA is enabled in AMD Crossfire™ mode
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
AMD Catalyst ™ Satisfaction Survey
We encourage you to provide us with your driver satisfaction feedback, please visit the AMD Satisfaction Survey .
Get the latest news on AMD Catalyst ™ - Discuss on the official AMD Forum