56 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 2:07 PM by jumpingjackflash5

No drivers for windows 10

danfun64

Recently I upgraded my Windows 7 SP1 laptop to Windows 10. After the upgrade, I find that booting is a lot slower than it used to be. After 15 seconds of boot time, I am stuck with a black screen for 45 seconds before I can access the desktop. I've heard that upgrading my graphics drivers might solve the problem, but there don't seem to be graphics drivers for windows 10 for my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6520G). The AudoDetect utility gives me no driver, I can't find the driver using the manual menus, and when I try to download ATI Catalyst, I find that the video driver fails installation. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue? When will ATI release the right drivers?

• Re: No drivers for windows 10
          kingfish

Manufacturer and exact..exact...model? Switchable graphics?

supa

Hey i got the exact same problem. I got a HP pavilion G7 1130SD notebook. The graphic driver is 6470M, but when i install it with the automatic driver detection program from AMD, it installs a driver from a 7400m. This makes my laptop extreemly slow, unable to play any games, and a very long boot time. I used to have this problem with windows 7 aswell, but i solved it by installing an old driver. I just installed windows 10 and tried the same trick, but it doesn't work. Got any advise for me?

kevinmaher

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have 2 laptops both originally came with windows 7 64-bit.

1. Asus 1215B with amd brazos e350 apu, (ATI Radeon HD 6310)

2. Toshiba Satellite Pro C660D-1FM with amd brazos e450 apu (ATI Radeon HD 6320)

Can you help me find Windows 10 64-bit driver for both laptops?

leyvin

Just manually download the Catalyst 15.7.x Drivers, although you will likely need to install the Chipset / APU Drivers first so that Catalyst will then properly recognise your hardware.

This said I would highly recommend installed Catalyst 15.6 Beta (again it can be manually accessed from the download page) for Windows 7/8.1 over 15.7 for Windows 10.

There are some extremely common issues with the new 15.20.xxxx Display Drivers that are not present in the 14.20.xxxx that are used in the older drivers.

Ignore that they say they're for older versions of Windows, as Windows 10 is 100% Compatible with Windows 7/8.1 Drivers (so if you have an install / backup Disc that your Laptop manufacturer gave you TRY THAT FIRST)

danh_sh

I just installed Catalyst 15.7.1 fon W10 64bit and everything seems to be fine BUT, now i can't adjust the screen brightness wich is at maximum level and nothing happens when i move the slider on the energy settings.

Previously i try the autodetect tool and the same thing happens. Only the driver that W10 installed automatically lets me adjust the brightness, but it was very slow and games and the OS ran like crap.

The machine:

HP OMNI 120-1005la

APU E-450 with Radeon HD 6320 (integrated)

hd6320

GPU-Z shows my HD6320 as HD6320 so it is HD6320. When AMD re-brand old cards models they changed names to newer ones.

amd.jpg

When I buy PC it definitely won't include AMD hadware. When I needed to mod Nvidia driver I just placed one line, one string (which contain my card) to the *.inf file and I was able to install all types of drivers: quadro, desktop and mobile.

danh_sh

I just installed Catalyst 15.7.1 fon W10 64bit and everything seems to be fine BUT, now i can't adjust the screen brightness wich is at maximum level and nothing happens when i move the slider on the energy settings.

Previously i try the autodetect tool and the same thing happens. Only the driver that W10 installed automatically lets me adjust the brightness, but it was very slow and games and the OS ran like crap.

The machine:

HP OMNI 120-1005la

APU E-450 with Radeon HD 6320 (integrated)

timdcbax

15.6 beta works fine on my device

audio video brightness…etc.,all good

Thanks

Msi WindBox E450

effigee

Hey guys I registered on the site to give anyone help having the same problems I had with the 6320 series and Windows 10. Took me hours to find a good solution.

Obviously the 6320 series is not supported by the latest Omega release and the drivers downloaded from Microsoft are utter crap and made the system really sluggish and unresponsive. Also video problems in all video players.

1. Go here and follow the instructions on this page  http://windowsinstructed.com/disable-automatic-device-driver-download-in-windows-10/  and also untick the box (Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacturer)

2. Remove the drivers and software downloaded from Microsoft.

3. Go here and download the wushowhide application https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

4. Run the application and click on advanced and untick Apply repairs automatically then click next and you want to hide the AMD driver.

5. I used amd-catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-32bit-dd-ccc-whql.exe drivers and installed them. Google the name and you will find a download.

It fixes the slugish problems and the video problems and I have no problem adjusting the brightness of the screen. This is a workaround I guess till newer drivers are released.

Hope this helps somebody and sorry for the crappy instructions

Cheers

hd6320

AMD Catalyst (15.200.1062.1004 August 3) Mobile/APU/Legacy Win 10 x64

<< Please do not provide direct links to software/drivers not from amd.com>>

If you wish to share the link, provide suggestions on how they may be found but do not ink directly.

I'll try them out very soon.

motiongrapher

Another Nice surprise from the genius people in AMD team. Today, I received update notification for my windows 10 catalyst driver 15.20.1062 - 150715a 187146c.

So I happily proceed to download and install it, hoping that my FireDrive 300 (Mac Pro purchased in 2015) graphic card driver crash will go away.  Guess what?  I received the infamous error :

"We are unable to find a driver for your system. No supported AMD hardware has detected" 

Are you guys serious? I'm not here to bash your genius team but seriously, you prompted me to download this and your software can't even detect whether it will work on my machine or not? ... I guess a 16 year old programmer can create better drivers than you guys.

Go ahead and delete my complaint. I will verbally tell everybody around me to avoid any system that comes with AMD graphics (including MAC machines)

Have a beautiful day!

kubiji

Hey, guys. I was just solving the same problem - no drivers for notebook of my sister - HP 635. The problem is that it has AMD HD 4200 and also AMD HD 6300. When I installed drivers it installed drivers only for HD 4200 which is nonsense because of no compatibility with WIN 10. So I tried to uninstall all AMD drivers disable and uninstall the HD 4200 in HW manager and then I installed drivers for the HD 6300. And it worked :-) The HD 4200 is not useful for me, because the notebook has plugged in the charger all the time. I hope it helps someone.

balthazar0280

Hi all. I am also having same problem. I have purchased a mobile workstation (Dell M4800) with an AMD Firepro M5100. However, performance is appalling while running windows 10. Both Dell and microsoft win10 drivers for this card are just rubbish and cause cursor lag and occasional crashes. When I search for the official drivers on AMD site there appears to be no windows 10 support for Firepro mobility cards. (incidently I do not recommend anyone using their autodetect driver tool, it comes up with completely the wrong one for mine). I have a 4K screen version too and so the Intel HD graphics card has been disabled so cannot rely on that. Currently having to rely on the microsoft "very" basic display driver. I don't really want to have to install windows 7 because of more scaling issues on UHD screens (windows 10 is much better for this). I will meanwhile keep trying on a workaround in the hope that one day a working windows 10 driver eventuates. I just wish AMD customer support would reply to the emails I sent them. If it is going to be a while before windows 10 drivers are released I will seriously have to think about going back to win 7.

jumpingjackflash5

To install catalyst (crimson) driver for AMD HD 6310 on Windows 10, it is possible just to change the inf file for Windows 8.1 so that it is used for Win10 (one line - 10.0) , since in inf file for Windows 8.1 there is information for wrestler GPUs. The drivers then work the same way as 15.6 or previous Catalysts did in W 8.1 or how they do when the older drivers are installed in W10.

I see that Wrestler GPUs have some issues with Windows 10, but I do not understand why AMD makes the problems worse by not including the infs information correctly.

epicplayer

If you are willing to give up the catalyst control center/radeon settings then you can just get the driver through windows device manager and manually update the driver as that is the only method to get current drivers for these older GPUs. I used this method to get the correct driver for my father's old Acer Aspire 5538 with radeon hd 3200

1 of 1 people found this helpful