4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 8:37 AM by zento

How to enable Miracast support on Windows 8.1 Desktop PC with AMD Radeon HD 5700?

mh65

I have a Windows 8.1 desktop PC with an AMD Radeon HD 5700 graphics card and 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software with drivers 14.501.1003-141120a-178000C.

With that PC I would like to use the Miracast/WiFi-Direct feature (that Windows 8.1 supports)  but I am struggling to understand what is necessary to enable that feature.

According to other web pages one can run a tool named "dxdiag" to check various settings, when I do that I get

Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
             Miracast: Not Supported

as part of the output. What can I do to enable Miracast support? Should my graphics card support it, should the AMD drivers support it? How would I enable it?

I understand that both the graphics card and drivers as well as the network card/wifi card need to support Miracast and it seems hard to find a network card for a desktop PC that support Miracast but this post is to find out what I need to do in terms of the graphics card and its drivers to enable Miracast support.