I read this recent blog posting from a person from VMWare on how he got VMWare's ESX hypervisor working with AMD's OpenCL GPU implementation & also with nVidia's CUDA:
The AMD CPU stuff would obviously work, but I'm skeptical that the GPU works.
I'm interested in doing this myself using WMWare Workstation v8 under Windows 7 and LINUX.
- Confirm that they have also tested and support this?
- That the GPU accleration & all features of OpenCL work with no problems?
- Tell us where the performance hit will be & how much it would be?
- How I would need to set this up to make it work?
- Whether it is supported under both Windows 7 & LINUX?
- What AMD SDK it was tested with, which GPU cards & which AMD drivers?