2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2010 1:28 PM by santosh.zanjurne

Can't compile glibc-2.12.1 with open64-4.2.4

Brane2

I compiled kernel successfully with new open64 version 4.2.4, but when I tried to compile glibc-2.12.1, it failed during config phase while checking linkers features, with the message that linker needs to support relro option: 

checking for libunwind-support in compiler... no

checking for -z nodelete option... yes

checking for -z nodlopen option... yes

checking for -z initfirst option... yes

checking for -z relro option... no

configure: error: linker with -z relro support required

I remember having some snag with binutils when emerging new glibc on my system ( I have Gentoo Linux) - IIRC I had to update binutils to latest version.

Does this mean that latest built-in linker in open64 doesn't have neccessary support and if so, when can we expect the update ?

• Can't compile glibc-2.12.1 with open64-4.2.4
          Brane2

O.K. Now I removed that test from configure, but then it failed when checking for cpuid.h

While searching for it, I found that gcc has bunch of includes in  /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.1/include

It seems that all headers  are just definitions of small inline and  handwritten assembly codes.

I couldn't find equivalents in open64, so only way is to tweak those for open64, I suppose ?

I would expect to get at least stuff like limits.h, but there is nothing like that to be found in open64...