cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

What did you buy on a Black Friday Deal?

Ok, we've been posting a multitude of Black Friday deals here in the forum.  But I'm curious as to what you guys and gals have been ordering or picking up in the stores that could be considered a Black Friday Deal?  So post a picture of what you ordered and approximately how much you paid for it here.  

I'll start.  I spent at least an hour over the past few days browsing through the Black Friday deals.  There weren't too many that were more than say 20% discount.  But this morning I finally found something I need - a few more RGB Mouse Pads.  They will be used to enhance my Lian Li X3D computer build from this past July 2023.  I paid $10 each on Amazon, and I ordered two that will arrive Saturday.  

RGB Mousepad at $10; that's 50% discount and I ordered two of them.RGB Mousepad at $10; that's 50% discount and I ordered two of them.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
38 Replies
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Got myself a new SSD. Have been eyeing them for a while since my 6 (or so) year old drive only had 250 GB on it, with windows installed and everything I no longer had enough space on it for new games since a lot of them take over 100 GB these days. The discount wasn't huge (11%) but according to price tracker it's the cheapest that M.2 drive with 1 TB has been so decided to go for it, couldn't wait anymore. Paid 57 euros + delivery from Amazon.de.

71-t3lbJjiL._AC_SL1500_.jpgAlso got a new clothes dryer, but that wasn't a "Black Friday" deal, there was a national holiday this weekend in my country too (proclemation day, 18th of November) so we had sales and discounts in local shops and eshops.

Sounds like a good deal on something you needed.  Congratulations.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Rubeerology
Adept II

Catfood haha nothin' yet - still lookin'

morphinebear
Adept III

Nothing noteworthy yet. This year's BF is basically dead for me. IIRC the only thing I bought last year was a cheap coffee maker too.

DarkLordofCaliban
Journeyman III

Nothing. I have sadly discovered that most of the stuff I have been looking at, the pre-prices are inflated so it would not be much of a savings at all. I have decided to wait for a real sale, like after Christmas and New Years.

I was on Newegg again this morning and decided to order this EVGA X20 mouse; total cost was just $17 and I can always use an extra wireless mouse.  It looks pretty strange though!

EVGA X20 Gaming Mouse, Wireless, Grey, Customizable, 16,000 DPI, 5 Profiles, 10 Buttons, Ergonomic 903-T1-20GR-KREVGA X20 Gaming Mouse, Wireless, Grey, Customizable, 16,000 DPI, 5 Profiles, 10 Buttons, Ergonomic 903-T1-20GR-KR

$17! These are $60 on after the discount on Newegg.ca 😭. I was going to get that mouse to replace mine, but decided that buying new switches ($1.50) and soldering them on was far cheaper than a new unit.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

The black one was much more expensive - around $45 USD.  I guess grey clashes with some black motifs.  Anyway, being Newegg, it shipped right away.  However, being Newegg, it won't arrive until 02 December because it's coming from Canada!

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

My mouse arrived today.  I need to give it a try!

Update:  This mouse is a great buy.  It was a bit difficult finding the EVGA software to configure it, but they list the price of the mouse on the EVGA website at about $70 USD.  I only paid $17 USD.  You cannot beat that.  It was RGB and all sorts of programming features that I'll never use I suppose.  

IMG_7633.jpeg

0 Likes
Hiramabiff
Adept III

I havn't found anything I need or want right now. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB

I found a nice gaming chair at Staples for about $120 USD.  I'll leave it in the box until Christmas.  My next LAN party will be on my 65th birthday in late January 2024.

It was discounted of course.  I sat in an assembled one and it's fine for gamers.It was discounted of course. I sat in an assembled one and it's fine for gamers.

May I ask what part of the world you're in Al?

The Western World.  Sometimes I call it the USA.  When pressed, I call it Virginia.  Under pressure, I'll admit that it's Springfield, Virginia.  

Now then, where are you @Watchtower_GM ?

0 Likes

This place is in Toledo Ohio a few minutes from lake Erie and not a micro-center in sight. 

I was born in Columbus.  Haven't been there for quite a while.  The chair came from a Staples store though.  They might have some stores outside of Virginia.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Still looking for a nice and somewhat affordable TLC 4TB SSD which is not the NM790 in Germany 😉

FeRzY
Adept I

Corsair RMe 1000w PSU

Samsung 990 pro 2tb SSD

Im also thinking about buying a White Fractal North Case...

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Don't think to hard.  It's only money.

I bought it 😆

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Good job.

0 Likes
lowteck
Miniboss

I was able to secure a new 1080p 27" monitor from Walmart, took some effort but was WORTH IT.

black-friday-shopping.gif 

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Nice.  I drove over to a PetSmart yesterday (to get cat food) and it's near a Best Buy.  There was a line outside the Best Buy of perhaps 50 people and this was after lunch on Black Friday.  I didn't know that people were still lining up outside the brick and mortar stores anymore.

0 Likes
jaandoh
Challenger

I haven't bought anything physical.... 

I'm kind of saving up for the new year deals lol... 

Bobomby
Adept I

Picked up a 990 pro 2tb and an xfx 7900 xt (thanks Newegg trade in)

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Excellent.  I don't know why everyone isn't picking up one of the deals on M.2 drives.

61UnG4ALmAL._AC_SL1500_

Did my part, had most of the stuff in the "save for later" for a couple months, so I can watch the price.

Watchtower_GM
Adept II

2023-07-14_08_51_17-guru3d.com

Acer Predator BiFrost AMD Radeon RX7600
$259.99

ADPOP 17.3'' FHD 240Hz Portable Monitor
$150.00

Acer Predator GM7000 2TB NVMe
$93.50

a french cleat and some more zip ties.

Got a new build in mind?

0 Likes
rdenmon
Challenger

rdenmon_0-1700941647763.png

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You have to buy something.  It's for the economy after all.  Do your part.

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Oh snap!  My two RGB mousepads arrived this afternoon.  I placed them with my Lian-Li-X3D computer like I said I would.  Except for the ripples (until they lay down flat), they look pretty nice.  I just love RGB stuff.  I think I'll have my casket lined with RGB lighting when they bury me some day.  It's the only way to go.

The two RGB mousepads came in one Amazon box.The two RGB mousepads came in one Amazon box.

Here's one RGB mousepad placed under my Lian-Li-X3D.  Yes, I know it will ruin the mousing surface.Here's one RGB mousepad placed under my Lian-Li-X3D. Yes, I know it will ruin the mousing surface.

I moved my Razor RGB mousepad to the side to make room for the new RGB mousepad under the keyboard.  It is a decent surface for my wireless mouse.  I have a trackball mouse ready to use, but I now prefer the normal mouse for World of Tanks - Blitz.I moved my Razor RGB mousepad to the side to make room for the new RGB mousepad under the keyboard. It is a decent surface for my wireless mouse. I have a trackball mouse ready to use, but I now prefer the normal mouse for World of Tanks - Blitz.

I haven't bought anything yet so far, but my brothers were able to get some speakers and keyboards for their builds. The speakers were Creative Labs's Pebble Pro speakers for around $50, and the keyboards were Glorious' GMMK 2 for $90 and the Logitech K400 for $18. The K400 is specifically for the family mini pc from Minisforum that should hopefully arrive sometime before Christmas!

Nagrenol
Challenger

I've bought 3 of those mouse mats I see people getting here, over the last 3 or 4 years, ive noticed since the last one I bought and all the reviews... 9 times out of 10 they now all have that ripple effect in them that no matter what you can't get out. Does my nut in.

So I opted for a plain large logitech mat and will see how that goes. No rgb so thats at least an 8.751% loss in overall performance 😢 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W6HBBMH 

Then some other no pc related bit n bobs such a white xmas tree with black decorations #metal, smoke/co2 alarms for the house and for when said tree catches on fire 

Other than that nothing else, I found most of the sales to be generally underwhelming. 

Shops like currys/pc world went all in on the ... "we already over charge on most of our products, so we're going to up the prices and then put a reduced sign on them at a slightly below their previous price level💀

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I get the ripples out by placing objects (as in coasters and such) on the ripples for a few weeks.  That mostly takes care of the problem.  I had just installed the RGB mousepads in the pictures above but now I have the coasters sitting on the ripples.  I know how to deal with the 'ripple effect'.  

I've done that with dumbbells and have also tried screaming 'JUST STAY FLAT FFSSSSSSAAAKKE' at them but to no avail 

Nagrenol_0-1701105411733.png

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried German?  My wife has been learning that language and it works well on me.

Nagrenol
Challenger

double post

Key-J
Paragon

KeyJ_1-1701108354648.jpeg

Google Pixel Buds Pro

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!