Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

petosiris
Miniboss

Star Wars games on discount!

star wars gog.jpg

image_2023-05-01_110200712.png

This is a great opportunity to get the classic Star Wars games for a cheap price on GOG.com!  Hurry up, it's just 4+ days left ...

See more: https://www.gog.com/en/promo/2023_may_the_4th#Catalog

Disclaimer: I'm not associated in any way with GOG or paid to promote them, I just love these games and have all of them (except the SW Lego games). 🙂

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
6 Replies
jamesc359
Forerunner

Republic Command, Episode 1 Racer, Rogue Squadron 3D and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter are my favorites here. They all bring back so much nostalgia for me.

petosiris
Miniboss

Yeah, I like Tie Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance and many more.  I actually broke a joystick spring when I played them in the 90's!  I guess it became too hot.  Haha.

I also like GOG.com because they have no DRM on the games and they often have sales with big discounts.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
petosiris
Miniboss

Just one day and change hours left, guys!  Hurry up if you want some of these classic games for a cheap price!

GOG Star Wars games.jpg

It's already May 4th here in Europe, so I wish you all "May the 4th be with you!" 😁

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

Just a few hours left now, so hurry!

Star Wars gog.jpg

There are also many other classics on sale now:

Classics gog.jpg

(divide NOK prices by 10.5 to get USD)

Best,
0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I spent months if not a year playing X-Wing and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter back in the day (1993-ish), on my X386 PC, complete with a VGA monitor...and a Joystick. I particularly enjoyed doing rolls in my X-Wing while taking on Tie fighters.

XWing.jpg XWing_Box.jpg

And thanks to this post, I realized there's a remake: Star Wars: Squadrons.  Did you play it? Any good? 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

@Sam_AMD wrote:

And thanks to this post, I realized there's a remake: Star Wars: Squadrons.  Did you play it? Any good? 

No, I haven't played it yet but it's on my to-play list.  I loved the classic SW games and as I understand Star Wars: Squadrons is an honest attempt to go back to the roots.  I'm sceptical though so I have a try-out approach.

I was disappointed by Star Wars Battlefront when it came out and the studio Director at the time said that the reason why they didn't include player flying and space combat initially was because they didn't want to split up the gameplay and instead let the players focus on ground combat. 

To me, that statement is clear proof that they don't understand what players want and why.  They're just interested in making a quick buck with a narrow, limited, quick-to-finish game so they can move on to something else with the same recipe, while milking the new release with DLCs as long as they can.

I'd want a Star Wars gaming universe with everything we love about Star Wars into one huge MMO game, not these separate "episodes".  On the other hand, that was exactly what the classic games were about too and I loved them back then.  Perhaps I've moved on and want something different and more today than 30 years ago. 🙂

Best,
0 Likes