cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Seasonic CONNECT Comprise PRIME 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply

Now this is different.  You have a problem with cable management?  This 750 Watt PSU from Seasonic might be the solution for you.  If your case supports this, the remote connector block might fit behind the motherboard tray and be totally out of sight.  Or, it might not work for your case.  Hard to tell but it's certainly a good deal right now at USD $75!

Seasonic CONNECT Comprise PRIME 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply and A Backplane Could Be Mounted on PC Case with Magnets to Provide for Connections to All Components. Best Solution for Cable Management.Seasonic CONNECT Comprise PRIME 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply and A Backplane Could Be Mounted on PC Case with Magnets to Provide for Connections to All Components. Best Solution for Cable Management.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
8 Replies
eebiii
Forerunner

I haven't seen this yet. This is really cool and creative. As soon as they come out with a 1000w, I will jump all over it.

rtbh99
Challenger

there used to be bundles with this/an 850w version, and a compatible seasonic case, with four great case fans, for less than 100 bucks. i would wait for that bundle to come back simply because of how niche this product is. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811315008

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Less than $100 USD?  That's amazing.  No wonder it's out of stock.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

seems to come back in stock every 6 months or so, which rapidly goes because its such a great deal

---
lets talk about rtbh99
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

That wold be amazing for an old case like mine that does not have the "basement" AKA PSU shroud.

The Englishman
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

On a side note, Tom's Hardware reviewed this PSU back in April 2020 and found it to be an excellent PSU.  One issue found though was a noisy fan curve and not so good EMI performance.  Overall though, if you can deal with the shorter PSU cables provided (or if need be you use some of your extra ones from other builds if these are too short for your current build), this looks like a good deal.  I cannot find that 850 W version currently available (it was at Walmart for about $96 USD at one time) and perhaps they stopped making these 'connect' PSUs now.

For a case modder, this might just be the ticket.For a case modder, this might just be the ticket.

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

There is a review by Nikktech of the bundle that @rtbh99 mentioned and it's from July 2022.   They like it with the 850W Platinum PSU, but their USA price was closer to $550 USD, not the $100 bucks that must have been a fire sale.  

The Syncro CONNECT DPC-850 with its module, modular cables and its power cable.The Syncro CONNECT DPC-850 with its module, modular cables and its power cable.

0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

i checked out buildapcsales on reddit to see the pricing history of the bundle, and found this as the most recent one. wish i hadnt missed out on this case and psu combo, but i like my silent base 802

rtbh99_0-1716049517061.png

---
lets talk about rtbh99