Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROCm Discussions

mfeuling
Journeyman III

HIPIFY tools

Hello,

I have ROCM 6.0 installed on my RHEL 8.6 server. It was my understanding that HIPIFY tools hipify-clang and hipify-perl were included with ROCM as mentioned in the ROCM documentation (What is ROCm? — ROCm Documentation (amd.com)). However, I don't see hipify-clang or hipify-perl in my ROCM installation. Where are these tools installed by default with ROCM?

Secondly, I tried addressing the issue above by downloading HIPIFY via Github (here: GitHub - ROCm/HIPIFY: HIPIFY: Convert CUDA to Portable C++ Code). I've downloaded the code and I'm a bit confused. I see hipify-perl in <hipify_root>/bin/hipify-perl. I don't see hipify-clang though, which I'm assuming I have to build. Yet, when I look at the documentation on that (here: hipify-clang — HIPIFY Documentation (amd.com)), the section on building ("hipify-clang: building") refers to folders I don't see in the HIPIFY git project while also using relative paths without specifying a root from which to start from. Do I need to build hipify-clang? If so, where should I expect to see/create the "../hipify" folder specified in this "hipify-clang: bulding" section? Judging rom the cmake command issued, it looks like it is expected to have cmake information in this hipify directory.

Thanks!

0 Replies