cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROCm Discussions

bradenanwar
Journeyman III

Graphics card unmounting and remounting windows 10 sounds

I have an annoying problem with a Powercolor Radeon 6800XT graphics card where windows repeats a disconnecting/reconnecting sound every 30mins approximately. This is resolved when I replace it with another graphics card. I have also tried another PSU and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I checked event viewer and there was nothing relevant there. website

0 Likes
2 Replies
Laur_R312
Journeyman III

Hi there, 

from what you describe it seems it is a coil whine. It's nothing you should be worried about since it doesn't make smoke or smells like burning. Google it for more info.

On the other hand, it might be a special work schedule for the fans. That's why the sound is repeated.

Let me know if you found the problem as I'm planning to buy a new GPU and this one is on my watchlist.

Cheers

0 Likes

I rolled the dice on one of these builds once. Luckily I ended up with the right revision number. If AMD is willing to loan you a boot kit. I'd suggest you take them up on the offer, and while its being shipped, review your configuration. not much else you can do for now other than fiddle with it anyway.Iyour bios version may be printed on the box, but then again it might not. good luck

0 Likes