cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROCm Discussions

Mukesh2
Journeyman III

Build tag in azure devops releases

Only start an Azure DevOps release stage if a specific artifact exists In Azure DevOps, I have one build pipeline that runs which could produce 1 or 2 artifacts I want to release. Lets call them Artifact1 and Artifact2.

Is it possible to have one release pipeline with multiple stages that only start if a specific artifact exists? So if Artifact1 was produced, run the Stage Artifact1Stage, but not Artifact2Stage.

I see there are branch filters in DevOps, but that doesn't get me what I want. I want to filter on the artifact produced.

In the Deployment group job (in a stage) there is an Artifact download option which allows me to select the specific artifact I want, but this doesn't prevent the stage from running (and then failing if the specific artifact wasn't produced).

0 Likes
1 Reply
Athonii
Journeyman III

One little known feature of Azure DevOps Pipelines is the ability to tag a pipeline run. By default this is a manual process. Once the build has completed you select Edit Tags and add the values. 

DevOps Projects does all the work for the initial configuration of a DevOps pipeline including everything from setting up the initial Git repository, configuring the CI/CD pipeline, creating an Application Insights resource for monitoring, and providing a single view of the entire solution with the creation of a DevOps Projects dashboard in the Azure portal.

0 Likes