Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's A New Community Manager!

thepancake
Staff
Staff
9 14 3,007

Hello Red Team!

I’m Sean “The Pancake” Clanton, and I’m a new AMD and Red Team Community Manager!

About me:

I play video games, disc golf, have worked for a few different game studios, watch a lot of anime and sci-fi, read a great deal of fantasy novels, and love horror movies. I’m a bit of a metalhead and have been known to be found in a mosh pit, but I’m also a total geek and love all things Star Wars, Star Trek, LotR, Doctor Who, etc., I’ve also been told I have waaaay too many Funko figures (is that even possible?). Oh, and in my spare time I like to tinker with making craft beer.

Gaming:

I’ve been a video game junkie for most of my life. Saved up all my birthday money when I was 6 to buy my first console, and been gaming ever since. I mostly play MMORPGs and ARPGs, but will give anything a go. I’ve been a PC gamer since Ultima Online and was an original beta tester for WoW. I now mostly play Final Fantasy XIV and Diablo 3, and I’m doing my best to wait for Monster Hunter to release on PC. I’ve been building PCs since vanilla WoW, and have hosted quite a few Diablo 2 and Quake LAN parties back in the day.

Industry work:

I’ve worked in the PC/Gaming industry for quite some time. After an initial stint in the marketing agency world working for the likes of Hyatt and Hilton Hotels, I transitioned over to video games. I earned my first gaming stripes at Red 5 Studios leading all the social efforts for Firefall from closed beta all the way to its unfortunate demise. After that, I moved over to Carbine Studios handling social for WildStar where I managed all social media operations, as well as a lot of behind-the-scenes work with livestreamers and YouTubers. Most recently, I was the social media manger for NCSOFT working on Blade & Soul, Aion, Lineage 2, and Master X Master (RIP). I’ve handled everything from livestreams, to customer care, to social media operations, to event management.

Contact me:

You can always find me on the Red Team Discord as ThePancake. Feel free to reach out to me anytime for your AMD-related needs or if you just want to send me pics of your doggos. You can also find me on Twitter a lot, but don’t expect much AMD talk there. It’s for my personal amusement and doesn’t represent AMD in any way, so please respect that if you decide to give me a follow.

That’s me, and I’m excited to get to know all of you!

Sean “The Pancake” Clanton

PS: I just got a dog, so here’s an obligatory photo.

Bear.jpg

14 Comments
About the Author
Be nice to everyone and play more games.