cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

JohWill
Adept II

New build for June. Got a Tower100 Turqz

• I got a Thermaltake Tower 100 Turquoise Edtion coming monday.  Have a few 7900xt and 7800 sitting, a itx asrock and a ryzen 5600x brand new still in the box sealed.   One 240 aio  so going to put a smaller budget well kinda budget, gpu will be 500i-600ish depends on which card fits.  Think I only need a few cables, psu and ddr.  Fans I have a ton of..  See what I come up with.  Keep y’all posted..
42 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  I like the case, as I like most Thermaltake designs.

Lets see how you fill this up.Lets see how you fill this up.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

IMG_3013.jpeg

 Ordered 140 and 120mm fans with massive rgb halos.  The new TT fans.  Another aio too.  Still brainstorming ideas..   bty I really like this case. It’s tiny and they fixed the ventilation on it “updated” since GN video.  The smoked glass I like too.  4mm glass surprising!! 

Case size is 18” high X 10.5” x10.5”. Much smaller then the tower 200 in the photo.  Only ITX MBs. So no micro atx.  Full size atx psu tho.

IMG_3053.jpeg

 hmmm,  pretty close!!

IMG_3056.jpeg

XFX Rx6800  Maintenance  and full dust cleaning.  Just some random post inbetween wait time.

JohWill
Adept II

It’s up and running windows installed but a mess.  Just hard-heat/cooling testing hardware-cpu-gpu-ddr 32gb cl22 at 3600. So far so good.  No issues..Waiting for a few fancy fans for some bling and cable management.  

Cpu is at 4650mhz

Crucial pro - Micron DDR 3600m/t 32gb 2x16gb sticks

Gpu right now is the XFX Rx7600xt 16gb might swap this out for the hellhound 7800 or gre

Hoping bling-fans get here tomorrow..

so far so good.  90 mins cpu gpu running at 100%. CPU got up to 56c  gpu 82c

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Good to hear that it's up and running.  How about some pictures - did you take any during the build process?  Also, what type of monitor and keyboard / mouse will you be using?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I’ll get pictures today since its cables are everywhere. Lmao. Was making sure all the hardware was good..   And when I get the cute fans too.    Monitor etc.. I don’t know it’s on my bench on the  test screen. Acer 1080p at 60hz. Hahaha..  

image.jpg

 Hehe. Seek peek - The wiring is everywhere. 

Ran CS2 and was getting 220lows-350fps highs in 1080p. Med settings.  Nothing crazy but super smooth at 2.67ms gen time  not bad at all.

 some real numbers

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

 heat soaked 

IMG_3025.jpeg

You know what I’ve found out today?  Well, the XFX RX7600XT gets up to 245 Watts. Like wow for a x600 series.  Thats crazy,  full 20 percent power at 1080 it was doing 280 FPS on furmark. It’s surprising..

Also waiting on the colored power. Psu Cables too.  

We wanted to do a theme case but still haven’t came up with anything yet.  We do airbrush and have two artists here.  Me and my wife.  
I’m hoping these look as good in person. One is coming today,  the others tomorrow with the psu cables.

IMG_3026.jpeg

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looking very nice.  The performance is fine too, assuming you installed the AMD 5600X CPU.  As for messy cables, I am king of that sad award.  For my Lian-Li-X3D (running the AMD 5600X3D CPU from MicroCenter), it's cables everywhere and in full view too!

This shows the recent addition of the ARGB video card support and the ARGB motherboard adapter.This shows the recent addition of the ARGB video card support and the ARGB motherboard adapter.

HAHA  You can do it..  Wiring is all time..  But the old school towers dont have the hidden back to hide cables either so its more challenging.

OK Got the TT riing fan waiting on another fan, tt fan controller and the psu custom cables.  And i think thats it. The Fan looks very fancy and tons of lights.  also its a 140mm for the bottom Chimney platform.  I think it will look amazing there. This case can only fit three fans, two is the chimney effect top and bottom and one on the rear cover.  I might skip the rear cover because I dont think I can put in the 8TBs drives.  

Forgot to add in the list of parts,

SP 1TB 2030 ssd drive.  had to use an adaptor.  it was from my steam deck upgrade.  I think its 5150 read 4000 write.  74.99 on amaz

case $85    thermaltake tower 100

ssd $75     SP 1 TB  pcie4 5150r 4000 write

ddr4 $60     crucial pro 64gb 3600

5600x $120  ryzen 5600

itx mb $129  asrock itx pro ac something..

AIO $38  thermalright 

fans and controller so far. $80  TT riing, cooler master halo2 and tt fan controller

psu $69 TT tough 650

rx7600xt $319 XFX 309 

I think thats it..  I will throw in the 7900gre hound, 7800 hound and the 7800 fighter and benchmark each.. see what the difference is in fps and frame gen times.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

No M.2 Drive?  Doesn't your motherboard support one?

0 Likes

Oh didn’t see this, Yes the ssd is m.2 1tb SP branded main windows drive. I call them by the PCIe type which is 4..  My storage is a sata WD 8tb platter..  

IMG_3049.jpeg

The drive is tiny and won’t mount so need an adaptor.

IMG_3048.jpeg

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

"You know what I’ve found out today?  Well, the XFX RX7600XT gets up to 245 Watts. Like wow for a x600 series.  Thats crazy,  full 20 percent power at 1080 it was doing 280 FPS on furmark. It’s surprising.."

This is why I go for big PSUs, meaning 1K watts or greater.  It's surprising how TDP can hit high marks during testing or even gaming.

0 Likes

It’s unreal for a rx7600. I figured 190watt. But wow 245..  didn’t expect that at all!  Totally true. I always go bigger on the psu.  And it’s looking like this one needs a 850. Lmao

JohWill
Adept II

IMG_3036.jpeg

 Getting close….  I’m such a nerd!!

IMG_3039.jpeg

Checking temps under normal gaming.. 

This is still the XFX RX7600XT🤪. And people hate this card?  Wow.  She gets it done.. Price dropping too. 319 now..

Only thing I’m worrying about is that CPU usage.  

ALSO I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM… 

The pretty Thermaltake fan 140mm double halo riing fan is blowing down and if I flip it it’s ugly!!!  Anyone know of a nice pretty 140mm fan that’s reversed?  I ran this like that with all the sides, glass etc. and it did get the heat out thru the bottom vents of the case.  Even the last fan on the gpu is in that bottom open area.  It runs cool but it’s not correct.

If anyone knows of a pretty fan  please let me know.  The last fan I used was a Lyn which was the only fan I could find in my tower 300 build with the red devil.

Basically both sides of the Li fan looks the same so just flipped it.   

I ordered a Tt swafan which looks the same I think but it would be nice to know who has intake case fans or called pull fans.  Years ago this would have never mattered, but showing off your hardware is a thing. @FullNerd Which is a good thing!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I've never seen a fan where the face didn't 'suck' as Maximum PC always says.  Even if you managed to reverse the connections to make it run in reverse (using an existing fan), the blades would be tilted the wrong way.  If you could disassemble the fan and flip the blade assembly, that might work.

But actually finding a fan that rotates the other way would be a better solution,  and I found that Newegg does actually list a few 140mm fans, like this one.  Let us know what you end up buying.

Lian Li UNI FAN TL140MM Reverse Blade Single Pack Black (No controller included)- 14RTL1BLian Li UNI FAN TL140MM Reverse Blade Single Pack Black (No controller included)- 14RTL1B

Look what I found. This has to be 25 yrs ago.

TT was new then.  My old rigs at a 1000 man lan

Picture2282004 041.jpeg

Picture2282004 010.jpeg

Picture2282004 039.jpeg

Picture2282004 001.jpeg

Diamond. Wow!! 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

The days of the CRT.  I had several 21" Sony CRT displays in the early days.  The first flat panels were amazing.

Yep I used that Li fan a few builds ago for the same reason.  Reversed.  Newegg has like 4. 2 are the reversible blade type swafan. And Corsair I think.   It’s amazing the open cases been around a long time and still only have a few options.   A lot of new cases have the bottom intakes now.  Or have rads that pull air thru rather than push.  Even the dual cpu air coolers have different fans and sizes. You can’t just swap wires because they do have diodes on pulsed voltage.  And like you said the blade isn’t optimized for reverse.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I'm all about these ITX systems these days. I love how this case looks. I had the Tower 500 and I love how the GPU sits vertically taking all worry out of having a sagging video card!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

IMG_3044.jpeg

tower 600. Love it!!

That’s the reason why I love them.  Thermaltake is releasing a new case too. Tower 600.  It’s a full size atx of the tower 300, just bigger.   I don’t know I might have to upgrade my 500. Lmao.  Make it stop!! Haha

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We can't stop you until we figure out how to stop ourselves.  Sticking to a budget is almost hopeless.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

That looks awesome man! Love the all white

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
JohWill
Adept II

IMG_3066.jpeg

One thing done…. It’s posted on another post too. Sorry, but need some info on getting the blades off.  Don’t think they come off..  Maybe someone knows how they go together..  but there you go, painted up. Just gotta wait for the paint to cure up.  It takes about a week before you can smooth any dust in it. And or use solvent for any over spray.  

IMG_3065.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpeg

Now I need black rubber pads. Lmao.. 

This also don’t change the blade colors if you only do one lite coat.  

IMG_3069.gif

IMG_3071.gif

IMG_3072.jpeg

JohWill
Adept II

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

 Thermals, wiring, CPU clock 4620 and TDP 68watts all good. Still debating on some color.  Coolermaster looks good but it’s upside down.  Ugly side up..   ehh..

IMG_3082.jpeg

 as it cures it turns more blue..  ehh.  It looked so close too.  Think I’m gonna move that mount to the rear cover instead of the interior bracket.

IMG_3084.jpeg

And the trainer-helper.. Yes, she knows a lot of curse words..

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe you can paint the hub support frame a color that matches the case and you wouldn't notice it so much.  Or, you could find some short LED strips that are flexible and glue them to the hub support frame to brighten things up.  

I know the rx7600xt backplate is getting color.  Just the back plate. It wraps a little on the front.  The Li fan is in the rear which you can see thru the case rear cover. Yeah still kicking around ideas.

JohWill
Adept II

I did however get the reversible TT swa fans sitting here.  But in white or what looks to be off white

IMG_3090.jpeg

 Any ideas welcome. Lmao..  The paint color off a little bit don’t matter inside because of the tinted glass.  But I’m gonna see what other colors, brands come even closer.  

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Is the paint you are currently using up to the quality of the OEM colors?  If it is, maybe you should stick with it - like you said, they are behind tinted glass.  I like the paint job personally.

I was thinking that too.  Not going to find that x2 paint that practically sticks to everything.  And it covers really well with such a lite coat.   I think once all the highlights are together in the box it will be fine.  Still have the psu cables in turquoise  instead of the black.  Getting the guts to paint it all. Haha..

JohWill
Adept II

IMG_3099.jpeg

Haha. I’m 1st with a 5600 and a rx7600xt. Not like there’s many tho.  My 5900x 7900xt is there too. 
Solar bay

IMG_3100.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

JohWill
Adept II

IMG_3114.jpeg

 I’ll get some photos  during some daylight.  

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looking good.  Time to start gaming with the new build I do believe.

0 Likes

IMG_3119.jpeg

 Cough. Not done yet….