cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radeon ProRender Discussion

probeman
Journeyman III

Radeon 7700 won't wake from sleep

I have a Radeon 7700 on a Dell T7500 running Win 10 Pro.

When I put the computer to sleep using Win 10 Start menu the power button on the computer starts blinking and eventually the Dell monitor power button also starts pulsing showing the monitor has no video signal.

When I press the power button on the computer it wakes up and eventually I can move the mouse or hit the keyword and I'll get the Windows login screen and all is good.

BUT! If I don't hit the keyboard or move the mouse within a period of time that is around 10 minutes or so, the monitor has gone back to sleep and although the computer appears to be waken up, the monitor power button is still pulsing slowly showing no signal from the Radeon 7700. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the Radeon video board and plug it back in again, the monitor wakes up, but eventually reports no video signal from the Radeon and goes back to sleep.

I have to hold the computer power button down until the computer completely shuts down and then re-start it.

So how do I prevent this Radeon 7700 from turning off it's video output after 10 minutes after waking up from sleep?

0 Likes
3 Replies
probeman
Journeyman III

I have a Radeon 7700 on a Dell T7500 running Win 10 Pro. When I put the computer to sleep using Win 10 Start menu the power button on the computer starts blinking and eventually the Dell monitor power button also starts pulsing showing the monitor has no video signal. When I press the power button on the computer it wakes up and eventually I can move the mouse or hit the keyword and I'll get the Windows login screen and all is good. BUT! If I don't hit the keyboard or move the mouse within a period of time that is around 10 minutes or so, the monitor has gone back to sleep and although the computer appears to be waken up, the monitor power button is still pulsing slowly showing no signal from the Radeon 7700. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the Radeon video board and plug it back in again, the monitor wakes up, but eventually reports no video signal from the Radeon and goes back to sleep. I have to hold the computer power button down until the computer completely shuts down and then re-start it. So how do I prevent this Radeon 7700 from turning off it's video output after 10 minutes after waking up from sleep?
0 Likes
probeman
Journeyman III

I have a Radeon 7700 on a Dell T7500 running Win 10 Pro. When I put the computer to sleep using Win 10 Start menu the power button on the computer starts blinking and eventually the Dell monitor power button also starts pulsing showing the monitor has no video signal. When I press the power button on the computer it wakes up and eventually I can move the mouse or hit the keyword and I'll get the Windows login screen and all is good. BUT! If I don't hit the keyboard or move the mouse within a period of time that is around 10 minutes or so, the monitor has gone back to sleep and although the computer appears to be waken up, the monitor power button is still pulsing slowly showing no signal from the Radeon 7700. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the Radeon video board and plug it back in again, the monitor wakes up, but eventually reports no video signal from the Radeon and goes back to sleep. I have to hold the computer power button down until the computer completely shuts down and then re-start it. So how do I prevent this Radeon 7700 from turning off it's video output after 10 minutes after waking up from sleep?

0 Likes
probeman
Journeyman III

Can someone besides myself please provide some useful information? 

I am still having this issue where the Radeon 7700 video board stops outputting a video signal after I put the computer to sleep and try to wake it up again.

The computer wakes up but there's no output to the monitor.

0 Likes