cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radeon ProRender Discussion

Mattsupple
Journeyman III

Pro-Render for Blender on MAC OS

Hi, I have attached screenshots. The donut on the top is Pro Render and the one underneath is cycles and has rendered correctly. Not having much luck using the Pro-Render 3.5 driver for Blender 3.0 on my intel mac. The render is way dark and doesn't include the nodes correctly, even in the viewport. I have also attached a screenshot of my Mac OS set up and the AMD GPU info..

I also don't seem to be able to activate my AMD card in cycles mode. Is there a way to activate the GPU in Cycles Render? It's greyed out and nothing shows up in the system in Blender 3.0 preferences to activate other than installing the AddOn Driver.. 

Would I have better luck by installing bootcamp and using Windows Blender to resolve Compatibility issues with Cycles rendering?

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.42.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.42.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.43.36 PM.png

  

0 Likes
1 Reply
jnevin
Adept I

I have a somewhat similar Intel Mac Mini setup with AMD Vega external GPU. I was able to get Blender 3.5 and Monteray to work in what I consider a workaround with the AMD Vega GPU. However this is probably not a ProRender solution per se. 

In Blender Preferences --> System settings, in the Metal panel, I checkmarked Radeon AMD Vega as my GPU device. Then in Render I used Cycles with GPU. 

I'm also able to use ProRender in Render as well, but it fails on certain renderings, such as where Volumetrics are involved.

0 Likes