cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

I_Is_Duck
Adept I

When I run RYZEN master stress test on manual instead of default control, temps spike to 110C.

Like the title says, when I have ryzen master open, and I switch a profile from default to manual without changing ANY settings and run a stress test. My CPU temps go from around 56ish, to well over 100, until my PC shuts off. 
I have a Ryzen 5800. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

I_Is_Duck, 5800 maximum temperature is 95C so I doubt it went over 100 before shutting down. I often run Cinebench with Ryzen Master (RM) open with no problems. What are you using to measure temperatures? Why were you in Manual mode? What version of RM are you running and where did you DL it? Did you Apply the Manual mode? Did you click Apply & Test? Please open RM, go to a profile and post a screenshot. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hey, thanks for the response! I would send you a screenshot of the temps as I ran the test, but it very clearly wen't past 95, I saw it hit 97-98 for sure. 
I am using the Ryzen Master software to monitor temperature, as well as the Alienware software to do the same. They get the same Temps. 
I was in manual mode because I was attempting to undervolt my CPU as the Alienware R10 I have has the worst airflow known to man and regularly sits at around 95C when playing games. 
I did apply the manual mode, multiple times. I did press apply and test multiple times. 

I_Is_Duck_0-1710107783364.png

Its fine when I apply the profile, it completely explodes when I apply and test. 

0 Likes

Accidentally got it to occur naturally without having to do the test!
image.png

0 Likes

What is your CPU Cooler's Make & Model?

Here are some critical specs on your Ryzen 5800:

Default TDP: 65W

So your processor is engineered to run safely up 95c. At or above 95c it will start to throttle or slow down and if it keeps getting hotter it will eventually reach its critical shutdown Temperature to prevent damage to the CPU.

Many factors contribute to above average CPU Temperatures:

1- Poor Air circulation inside PC case. This can be verified if you remove the PC Side panel and your CPU temps are slightly lower in average.

2- Under-powered CPU Cooler

3- CPU Cooler defective or not properly installed on CPU

4- CPU Cooler Fan air flow is obstructed or fan not running at maximum speed when getting hot. Thus need to create a more aggressive CPU Fan profile.

5- Ambient room temperature is warm or hot.

6- Possibly poor PSU Outputs.

EDIT: Needed to change my reply since I had the wrong CPU processor. I though you had made a mistake and forgot to add the "X" at the end or your Ryzen 5800 processor. Found out according to CPU WORLD you have a OEM/TRAY Processor that is not sold in Retail stores which means you don't have a AMD WARRANTY only through the Retailer itself.

0 Likes

Hi, the question wasn't really why it got hot under load, I know my PC has crappy airflow and reaches 95C when playing games. 
My question was why it reached past 95C and shut off when using specifically the ryzen master manual overclock settings.  

To answer your question briefly though, 
1. This is 100% true
2. Its the stock cooler on the alienware aurora R10 3060 edition or whatever
3. Totaly possible, but I don't think this is the issue as it works fine while gaming
4. Fan is DEFFINITLEY running at max speed
5. Abient temps are around 70F
6. I hope not otherwise all the other parts are struggling to, but considering its a prebuilt from alienware, it probably has enough power, although im not sure the quality of the PSU.

Sorry about the wrong information in my first reply. I edited my reply to show the correct information for your OEM/TRAY Processor.

Seems like Dell has a standard one year Warranty on your Pre-Built PC with a Air cooled CPU Cooler according to Amazon on your PC Dell Model.

To answer your question, The reason why you PC is shutting down is because you are overclocking/Stress testing the processor through Ryzen Master making it run much hotter than normal. Which means the PC's Air CPU Cooler is not strong enough to keep your processor from overheating when Overclocked/Stress tested but strong enough when running at it normal speed or usage.

If you want to overclock your processor you will need to upgrade the CPU Cooler to a strong AIR CPU Cooler or AIO CPU Cooler.

You can verify if your CPU Cooler is strong enough by stress testing your Processor using OCCT CPU,GPU, & PSU Tests. 

If it overheats during the stress tests that indicates that it is a under-powered CPU Cooler or it is not installed correctly and if you have Poor Air Circulation inside your PC then it will make your CPU run even hotter than normal with a weak CPU Cooler.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X with also a Max Oper. Temp of 95c and to keep my 65 watt TDP processor from overheating I installed a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO with a TDP Rating of 150 Watts. Under stress it never gets hotter than 70c using OCCT but I have good air circulation inside my PC using a High Flow Coolermaster PC case.

If you should happen to have a Dell AIO CPU Cooler than I would contact Dell Support unless the Dell AIO CPU Cooler is a weak AIO cooler.

NOTE: Remove the side panel when you overclock/stress test the processor and see if it overheats or not. If it does you can't overclock/Stress test this processor with the CPU Cooler you now have installed.

EDIT: See if you can add a second Fan to the AIR CPU Cooler in a Push-Pull configuration. It might add a little bit more cooling power to the processor.

Okay I had my say in the matter I will let the other person take care of you.

Good luck and take care.

Hey I really appreciate the answer.
Im just a bit confused as I never overclocked anything, in fact the CPU is running at base Ghz when i "overclock" it. Im just trying to undervolt my CPU, not overclock with that. 
I can try to put another fan in and see if it helps, definitely a good idea.