cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mrsense
Adept II

Re: System unstable: Ryzen 5 5600x and Aorus x570 crashing on games at default settings

Jump to solution

Your power supply is fine.

Find and flash the bios with AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 C but without SAM.

The SAM is causing a lot of headaches for many X570 & B550 owners.  SAM is useless without all 3 components; a Ryzen 5000, X570/B550, and RX6000.

0 Kudos
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Re: System unstable: Ryzen 5 5600x and Aorus x570 crashing on games at default settings

Jump to solution

Hey thanks, yeah I saw you mentioned in other thread, the only other bios I can get from the mobo webpage is F30 which is 

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1 for AMD Ryzen 5000 processors support

gonna flash that one and see what it does. 

The first bios I tried was actually f31 with SAM support, so maybe it can be a bit more stable at least. Hopefully can work like intended. My only other option is change to another DDR4 but will have to ask a friend since I don't have a spare kit at hand.  

0 Kudos
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

@Jazzinplayer wrote:

Hey thanks, yeah I saw you mentioned in other thread, the only other bios I can get from the mobo webpage is F30 which is 

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1 for AMD Ryzen 5000 processors support

gonna flash that one and see what it does. 

The first bios I tried was actually f31 with SAM support, so maybe it can be a bit more stable at least. Hopefully can work like intended. My only other option is change to another DDR4 but will have to ask a friend since I don't have a spare kit at hand.  

Flashed the bios f30 and it's the same basically. 

0 Kudos
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

UPDATE:
So old bios didn't worked. New bios didn't work also (F31j and k). Different memory kit no. 
Playing with the clock I got a stable 4.1 ghz and xmp on with all other values on AUTO. This settings gave pretty good and stable results on Horizon Zero Dawn benchmark. Managed to run it even in ultimate quality pretty smooth. Kept this settings and played Rogue Company for 2 hours, exactly at that time the PC crashed again with bios reset. 

Ordered a motherboard replacement from amazon, gonna build the whole system again. If it keeps doing same thing it might be the cpu. For a fast test I might need to BUY another one and try it on the same platform, while the RMA process might take months to solve for the actual cpu. This is the worst thing ever happened to me. 

0 Kudos
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

Another update for anyone having issues. Sorry for the long post.

I got another x570 motherboard, same type just new. Situation was exactly the same or even worse so thought the CPU was faulty and needed to RMA. Decided to move my components (2080 super and 3600 mhz DDR4) to my streaming PC (Ryzen 5 2600, ax-370, gtx 1060, 520W PSU!) and play there while the RMA runs. It will also work as a test for those components making sure they are working fine. Everything ran smooth no problems whatsoever. 

So I actually thought it was a good idea to try the gtx 1060 on the 5600x build, maybe there is something there to see. Well, the system run smooth like butter with that gpu. Did all the benchmarks and tests possible, never crashed. CBP on XMP on GPU 100% usage, cpu reaching 4.65 ghz and running smooth.

First I thought it was a bios problem with the 2080 super, somehow it was bugged or crashing due to PCie or something. I did set it to gen 3 in Bios and problem was the same. So, my 2080 super and DDR4 are fine since they are running in the other PC., swapped memory and both DDR4 kits are fine no issues.

I then put the 2080s back to my 5600x build and crashed again. So 1060 is good, 2080 super insta crash... There you would think is the 2080 super the problem.. BUT, I do have a 1080ti that could test, IF the gtx 1060 worked fine, then I can play with my 1080ti until there is a Bios fix, right? Well, plugged the 1080ti ran Cinebench and PRime all good. Heaven Benchmark for the gaming/graphics and insta crash. Just like the 2080. 

So then I understood there must be a power issue, checked my PSU and it is a 750W Focus Plus (I thought it was 850w). So it has to be the power spikes are too high and system is shutting down. I ran one more test: 
With the 1080ti installed, CBP and XMP on, ran the Heaven benchmark at lowest detail posible, lowest res posible. It ran perfectly fine for 10 min, I was monitoring watts on HwInfo.  Then, up the res just a notch to demand more resources from the gpu. IT instantly crashed. So the power spike was too high and it shut down. 

So, why this same system was running perfectly fine on my i7 9700k build before? It was 4.9 ghz OC (huge energy consuming), same GPU, m.2 drives, HDD, DDR4 and PSU. Well, I think it was running well but on the very limit of its capacity, remember playing some DOOM eternal on ULTRA and crashing on the heaviest parts once or twice. So, this 5600x although is not consuming more watts than the other cpu (maybe at max OC it does) it is indeed making the whole system demand more energy, probably due to the increased IPC and performance. So is taking my GPU to its max limit and the power spikes are just out of boundaries.  That's what I think at least now. 

I already ordered a new 850W PSU to validate the theory can't confirm it's the solution just yet.
@mrsense@misterj what you think?  @CrispyCrunch check this out

0 Kudos
Juliangom33
Adept I

Jump to solution

Mhm ... I think a 750 watt PSU should be enough though... I have one too but I also use a 3080. But my friend , when put in his ryzen 5 3600 , everything worked although the difference between the 3600 and the 5600x are not that big , wattage wise. That's why I don't think it has anything to do with how many watt you have , it is all about the CPU i think.

0 Kudos
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

it matters, the 5600x on max boost can go 4.7 ghz at 1.45 volts or more, on multithreaded load that rises the wattage a lot +150w. Where the 3600 won't go that high. Thing is I'm playing on the very edge of the limit here. Check this numbers: 

according to outervision.com power calculation, under a max clock and voltage both cpu and gpu, the system (including Cpu,GPu, Aio, Fans, Leds, Storage,etc) can use up to 645 W.
My PSU is a 750W Gold standard. Now a gold standard can give you 85% to 90% of that wattage. Considering the 85% we talking about 638 W, that's why Im at the very edge. And the system calculation do not account for power peaks where GPUs can hit even hit 50 W more. 

This means I'm playing on the very edge of my PSU power limit, that's why I can be "stable" with CBO turned off or with low res low detail. I just up the res and details and it crash, because GPU draws 100% power hitting the limits. There is also a bios setting that has like a protection feature as dummy load or something, disabling it might get me through some scenarios but I'm still playing dangerous ground. 

This chip draws 100% of gpus capacity and it's important to consider having enough power to run stable. This theory makes a lot of sense with all my tests so far. Gonna run one more test meanwhile wait for the new PSU: MSI afterburner under volt and under clock my GPU and run like that, it should be stable under low settings like how I ran with the 1060. 

0 Kudos
buildorbust
Adept II

Jump to solution

wait for agesa 1.2.0.0 in january

0 Kudos
slomo89
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi! Well I have found out that most of the gigabyte x570 boards have a problem with ryzen 5000 even after updating bios. If possible can you test and try the same on MSI x570 tomahawk with wifi mobo. 

0 Kudos
slomo89
Journeyman III

Jump to solution
0 Kudos