cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

aetheralG
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5800x system crashing into reboot while under gaming loads unless 2 cores are disabled

Unfortunately, I've tried disabling Core performance boost and have not achieved stability

0 Kudos
aetheralG
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5800x system crashing into reboot while under gaming loads unless 2 cores are disabled

I have tried this and it does not solve my particular problem... the only stable solution remains to run the processor at 6 cores only unfortunately. Disabling Core performance boost does not help in my case.

0 Kudos
mrsense
Adept II
Adept II

What motherboard and bios version?

0 Kudos
aetheralG
Adept I
Adept I

Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570 gaming Wifi. BIOS F31J

0 Kudos
Nekela
Adept II
Adept II

Is there anyone having this issue on a different motherboard brand? Everyone I have seen having a problem is on a gigabyte board

0 Kudos
tim716
Adept II
Adept II

Yes. I have a 5900x on an ASUS ROG Strix X570-e and having the same WHEA BSODs and self-reboots. 
I never have them under load but only AFTER a heavy load. Like I stopped a game or a burn-in and in several seconds there is a BSOD. 
Sometimes (seldom) it can happen 2-5 seconds after starting a game.

And yes, CBP disable helped. But of course I really hope for a normal solution from AMD and/or ASUS. Using the brand new CPU at half power is frustrating.

Nekela
Adept II
Adept II

Hey Tim, any chance of being able to see what the voltage is doing when it is coming off of a heavy load? It sounds like it’s undervolting aggressively when coming off boost and causing the system to become unstable. 

0 Kudos
tim716
Adept II
Adept II

Hey! 

If you can tell me the utility to use (will AIDA64 do?) and which voltages to check then I can check this.

0 Kudos
Nekela
Adept II
Adept II

If you can consistently reproduce the crash in aida64 that will be perfect. Watch the voltage across all cores and see if any dip below 1.04 or go above 1.4 when the crash happens

0 Kudos
tim716
Adept II
Adept II

Hmm...Thank you that you made me look there. 
I didn’t even have to reproduce the crash. I see only one core voltage parameter. But in idle it jumps from 0.2v (!!!) to 1.0v, sometimes even up to 1.4 for a moment. Under all cores burn in the voltage is steady 1.0v +-0.02.

PBO And Core Boost are off, so this is even with stable system settings. 
I can reproduce the crash turning Core Boost to auto, but what the sense if the voltage jumps like crazy even now?

What is this crap and is it possible to do something about it?

0 Kudos