Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

LateFlank_
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600x Does not post - MSI EZ debug light CPU

Hi,

I just finished my first ever PC build and it was not as easy as it should have been. After six hours i managed to get the computer up and running and while troubleshooting i noticed that others have had this same problem that i had, so hopefully this helps at least some of you.

Problem that i had was that i installed the parts, started the computer and all the fans and lights started working, but MSI EZ debug light for CPU was on and the display did not wake up.

Final conclusion in short, there was something with the RAM sticks and i still dont understand what. I had two Kingston HyperX Predator RAM sticks - Did not work. I swapped an old(er) RAM stick to the computer and i was able to get into BIOS. After installing Windows, drivers and updates, i swapped the Kingston RAMs back, enabled the XMP profiles and everything worked as it should. Im not sure could this be some kind of a compatibility problem with the BIOS and some of the RAM stick or something... hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Troubleshooting: Due to the EZ debug light i assumed that the problem is somewhere in the CPU, so i checked that the CPU pins were fine - twice. I did the post test by removing all other components (except one Kingston RAM) and cables except the 24pin and 8pin CPU power cable, but i still got the CPU debug light.

I swapped the Kingston RAM stick from one to another but did not work. I noticed that the BIOS version was printed on the motherboard and it was version 1.0, so i used the Flash BIOS button on the back of the motherboard to flash the BIOS from v1.0 to v1.4 which was the newest version. Did not fix the problem.

I did it twice and before the second time i did reset the CMOS. Also the Flash BIOS usage was quite a job. It seems that the newer USB (with blue connector) does not work with at least not with my motherboard, so the USB stick should be a bit older. Power should be ON from the PSU, but the computer should be OFF and the USB stick should be connected before you turn the PSU power ON. After pressing the Flash -button, all the RGB lights on the motherboard and the CPU debug light turned on and after the flash was ready, computer boots itself automatically.

After the BIOS update i had done everything that i could think of or what i could find from the internet. The last thing i was able to do was to change the RAM stick to an older one and for some reason that worked - Computer posted immediately and i was in the BIOS.

BIOS version was the newest v1.4, but i did the BIOS update once more (just to be sure) from the BIOS. After installing Windows, drivers and updates the computer work fine without problems. Although i havent done any stress tests like benchmarks or gaming with it yet so we'll see...

My computer:

Case - be quiet! Pure Base 500DX

Motherboard - MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI

Power - be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM

GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

RAM - Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 2x8GB

SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD - 1TB

SSD M.2 - Samsung 980 PRO SSD 250gb

RAM memory that i used to get into BIOS.

RAM-1x-8GB-Samsung-NON-ECC-UNBUFFERED-DDR4-2666MHZ-PC4-21300-UDIMM-M378A1K43CB2-CTD

5 Replies
glowingsword
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with 

CPU: ryzen 5600x

MB: asrock b550 extreme 4

RAM: HyperX DDR4-3200 32768MB PC4-25600 (Kit of 2x16384) Fury RGB Black (HX432C16FB3AK2/32)

but this build run smoothly with good old '16GB DDR4-2400MHz Samsung Original PC19200, M378A2K43BB1-CRC'. Is this some kind of the incompatibility between ryzen 5600x and Kingston HyperX RAM? Or something else?

0 Likes
TheExeter
Journeyman III

What brand and speed RAM did you use? I'm having this same issue with my B550 despite flashing it and trying it with my 3700x and my new 5800x. I'm at my wits end as I've spent A LOt of money on this build

I get no Video from GPU/Board and CPU LED Solid Red

Nvm... I read it again and you have it listed there! I'll try to find some. 

0 Likes

Have you checked to see if the RAM is supported on your motherboards QVL list?

0 Likes

Wow, this is is identical to mine. However in my case im trying to use the B450 (which they claim to be supporting zen3 cpus. I’ve paired it with the Ryzen 5 5600x.

no display, solid red light on CPU. I tried to flush BIOS with the latest bios update, same issue. 

only thing i cant think of right now is to try diffrent rams as I also have the HyperX predator ones..

0 Likes
AZTM22
Journeyman III

So i had this problem as well, even RMA my motherboard twice, i have tried this and just got it working

- Remote The CMOS Battery

- Make Sure To Be On BIOS  7c56v17

- Install M.2 SSD or SATA HD

- Install Your RAM Into DIMMA 2 & DIMMB2 (If You Got Two Sticks Of RAM)

It Should Work If Not Try Another USB Drive, Make Sure To Format It As Fat32 and rename the bios file from E7C56AMS.170 To MSI.ROM and put it on the root of the usb drive

0 Likes