Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

john1245
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 temps

Hi, everyone!

My problem is about my new CPU Ryzen 5 3600. I bought it a week ago, and now I just tried to figure it out how it works. Almost all the time, even from the moment I start my PC, the CPU runs on 69-72 C degrees, and also it has 1.38 or 1.41V. Even now, writing this post it is on 71C degrees. The cooler is the stock now, the termal paste is the one that was already on the cooler, it is fixed on the processor and the motherboard (i checked it twice). I saw on the internet that you can undervolt the CPU for better temps. I tried it with Ryzen Master. Here comes another strange problem. I made a profile like this: all cores on 3.9 Mhz and 1.2V, I applied it and after I had 47C  instead of 72C and everything was working just fine. I opened GTA V just to see the difference (before undervolting GTA V was hitting max 87C and after that max 77C). After the "test" I restarted my PC and running RM again eveything came to default. I said ok, I'll do the profile again. After making it again and hitting Apply, when I press Home nothing changes. Everything is like normal and the Control Mode stays on default, not in Manual. I uninstalled it, nothing changes. I know also that I need to change the stock cooler because it isn't as good even as a budget aftermarket cooler. But, that doesn't mean it is ok that my CPU is running on 72C constantly, and in games on 87-88C. What can I do to reduce the temps and also what is happening with Ryzen Master? Why it doesn't let me configure my profile? Also my Bios is up-to-date.

My PC:

-Motherboard: AsRock A320M-DVS R4.0

-CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler

-GPU: RX580 MSI Armor 8GB OC

-RAM: 1x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz, CL14

- 1x 1TB WD HDD, 1x SSD 240 GB Kingston A400

- PSU: 500W, Bronze, 80 Plus

-Case: Segotep Lux II v2 which requires a cooler with max height of 155cm (Maybe someone can give me an option of an air cooler)

Thanks!

0 Likes
9 Replies
actionoid
Journeyman III

Try to enable amd cool n quiet in bios. This must help with voltages and temps in idle. I'm also have 3600 and at inde is only 33 degrees in Zalman I3 case

0 Likes

All my fans are exactly like they came up with the case, 3 intake in front and 1 exhaust in the back. I am planning to get a new cooler and also to mount another two fans in the top of the case for exhausting. Sorry for my english  also i don't find anywhere in my bios the Cool n Quiet option. I just checked the manual of the mobo and where it says it is supposed to be, it isn't actually. 

0 Likes
mccharle
Elite

hello john1245,

have you chipset drivers 2.04 and tried with AMD Balanced vs AMD High performance power schema ?

0 Likes

Yesterday i installed the latest chipset drivers, and about the power plans, mine it is on balanced ( the regular one, not ryzen balanced) with some advanced settings ( minimum processor state on 5%, max processor state 100% and processor performance core parking overutilization treshold on 85%). I didn't try the high performance bcs i think it is going to use the cpu more, right? I'm kinda novice when it is coming to these things, so that's why i am looking for answers here.

0 Likes

I'm currently use high performance plan with 100% min and max cpu state so its not power plan problem. My voltage going down in idle and my core going to sleep with thiis power plan. Your voltages and temps must go down in idle without any manipulations in windows or bios (exept turning on AMD Cool'n'Quiet).

0 Likes

Maybe, but i told you i can't find that option on the motherboard and it drives me crazy... and i don't know know what to do about this.. and also i can't understand why i can't modify thing in RM anymore.. it worked for like 10 minutes and after that nothing.

0 Likes

Using AMD power plans reduce CPU throttling.

0 Likes
john1245
Journeyman III

I don't know what to say.. i tried harder and i found that the cool n quiet option now can be called c-state. I found that, i enabled it and it is the same... also i found out "max voltage offset" and i can set values between 25 and 100. Is that for the CPU?

0 Likes

With offset u can decrease or increase maximum voltage allowed by u cpu with "-" or "+" varriant. With negative "-" offset u probably can get lower temps but also lower boost frequencies.

0 Likes