cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

GangStalker47
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 Idle temps at 60-70 C, 90+C with load.

I've been having this problem for a long time now. At idle my temps are this high and whenever I start playing games my temps shoot up to 90-95C on games such as Hitman 3 and other AAA games. I have reseated the cooler, I repasted it, I even bought a cooler (Cryorig m90) but it only ever managed to slow down the rise towards 95C. What are some more solutions I can look into?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks, GangStalker47. This all looks OK, but your processor is being throttled by several limits (red indicators at the top). AMD processors rev-up faster than most I think, but that is no concern. If you are not crashing, then you are probably OK. Please post a screenshot of RM at idle and tell us your ambient temperature. Also please post all your system components. Are the cooler fans running at full speed and both turning? Please try setting them to full speed. Does it help to open the sides of the case? Thanks and enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

GangStalker47. Please post screenshots both Basic and Advanced of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R23. Post only images of RM, please. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

1.png2.pngIt took less than a minute to get to 95C

0 Likes

Thanks, GangStalker47. This all looks OK, but your processor is being throttled by several limits (red indicators at the top). AMD processors rev-up faster than most I think, but that is no concern. If you are not crashing, then you are probably OK. Please post a screenshot of RM at idle and tell us your ambient temperature. Also please post all your system components. Are the cooler fans running at full speed and both turning? Please try setting them to full speed. Does it help to open the sides of the case? Thanks and enjoy, John.

They are at full speed, I tried running R23 with my case open and managed 90C instead of 95C. I think it must have been my case then. Thanks John!

0 Likes

You are very welcome, GangStalker47. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes